2015 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Pt. 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kochie was on gameday. When responding to what he thought was wrong with Port and what they had to do it sounded like he had absolutely no idea what he was talking about. "just need to try harder....need to work through it....need to stick together..." god it was one of the most pathetic 'interviews' I have ever seen. So cringeworthy.

The guy has absolutely no clue about AFL, he is a media personality who decided to improve his network and visibility by becoming the President of a sporting team. If the opportunity arose, he would probably be the president of Cronulla Sharks, or the Newcastle Jets.

Say what you want about Eddie Everywhere, at least he is a lifelong AFL supporter and knows the game inside and out.

The guy has absolutely no clue about AFL, he is a media personality who decided to improve his network and visibility by becoming the President of a sporting team. If the opportunity arose, he would probably be the president of Cronulla Sharks, or the Newcastle Jets.

Say what you want about Eddie Everywhere, at least he is a lifelong AFL supporter and knows the game inside and out.

Don't quite agree. Kochie had been talking Port on his show years and years before he became president, and even in those years he'd try to bring Port up whenever he possibly could. His knowledge and understanding of football could very well be shite, but I'm pretty convinced he had always been a genuine Port fan.

Kochie was on gameday. When responding to what he thought was wrong with Port and what they had to do it sounded like he had absolutely no idea what he was talking about. "just need to try harder....need to work through it....need to stick together..." god it was one of the most pathetic 'interviews' I have ever seen. So cringeworthy.
you ought to watch Hinkley's post match presser then, just as bad and he's actually supposed to understand what's wrong.

It becomes the hardest draw in history when you lose to Brisbane and Carlton.

But they always try their best against Adelaide. Won't make much difference on their season though. When the expectation is high you feel the pressure, you struggle to win games. That has happened to Adelaide plenty of times, esp in 2007, 2013 and 2014.

Can everyone stop this bullsh!t about the draw being un-even?

It's not supposed to be even. Port are supposed to have a tougher draw than AFC, they finished top 4 last year - we were out of the eight!

FFS, you get the draw that you get - you cannot work out a fair draw - it is impossible unless every team plays every other team twice (home and away) and even then it's not fair because of 5 day breaks and injuries etc...

I like Ross Lyon's attitude - play anyone anywhere, stop the effing whinge!

you ought to watch Hinkley's post match presser then, just as bad and he's actually supposed to understand what's wrong.

And he refers to the team as 'them' not us or we. That was very telling when I heard it.

Game we lost at Victoria Park vs Collingwood by 1pt, whatever year it was. That was the definition of robbery. The whole day we were robbed blind but looked like we might win despite everything. Then, from memory Pittman took a blatantly fair mark in the square very late in the last quarter which wasn't paid. That one still burns me.

Does anyone else remember that game?

With the help of a good hypnotherapist I've had it erased from my memory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[QUOTE="SmegHead, post: 39203414, member: 133364"]The guy has absolutely no clue about AFL, he is a media personality who decided to improve his network and visibility by becoming the President of a sporting team. If the opportunity arose, he would probably be the president of Cronulla Sharks, or the Newcastle Jets.

Say what you want about Eddie Everywhere, at least he is a lifelong AFL supporter and knows the game inside and out.[/QUOTE]

Been having a read of your board re Dangerfield

Your comments about Koch are a million miles wrong - i heard an interview on ABC Radio with him - Ken Judge asked him what was his connection with Port Adelaide - he said his FATHER - played for Port Adelaide when Fos Williams was coach - he said his father mainly played reserve grade for Pt Adelaide

I think if your father played for a club - you would probably love that club

And the 2012 prelim. Adelaide has been getting screwed since day 1, it never changes and no one at the club dare speak up for being called a sore loser. Suck it up port, this is what happens when you don't have an armchair ride through the season like 2014

The umpiring in the first half of that game was the most disgracefully biased example of umpires doing their best to make one team win that I have ever seen or am likely to ever see. It changed after half time and I reckon someone, whether it was from the AFL or us or both, tore strips off the umpires who then did their best to 'even up' the free kicks to try and cover their asses. Didn't hear a peep from the AFL after the game. Those umpires should've been sacked or banished to the country league for a year as a punishment.

Here are two excellent Pittard highlights from Q4 yesterday

n55vptP.gif
Who has the better don't argue - Brent Reilly or Jasper Pittard?

Hahahaha I find it hilarious that they have a reincarnated Neil Craig as their coach. All the shit laid upon the crows by their supporters against Craig. At least we worked out he was never going to win us a flag due to his stubbornness and the fact he had NO PLAN B. Hey PAPS sound familiar Kern doesn't have or want to use a plan B either KEN HINKLEY= NEIL CRAIG stubborn arses that cant see what is happening infront of them or wont react

AS for BURGO he should be with the AIS and training the middle to long distance runners. Maybe enter a few Power players who are thinking of going to the next Olympics to do this. Put on some beef and take the body don't be as soft as they are. Roo called it in his call and its been mentioned quite a few times this year even by their own supporters that they are slightly built overall.

Craig may have his detractors and clearly his time had come when he left but in his first year in particular we were very unlucky not to win the flag. If we had rested most of our players ala The way Ross Lyon does for the Round 23 game against West Coast in Perth I think we would've won the flag that year. Craig's problem was that once the game plan he implemented got worked out he couldn't adjust and we were walking dead after that. Hinkley seems wedded to his game plan and if he can't adjust he risks suffering the exact same fate as Craig and years could be wasted before they realise things aren't going to get better and he'll get the sack.

'Are they sad tissues or happy tissues?' - Forgetting Sarah Marshall...great movie

Ha ha, I watched that 2 weeks ago.

I know Mila Kunis is hot anyway but she looks super hot in that one! One of my friends used to think Donna was the hot one in That 70's Show. HA!

Craig may have his detractors and clearly his time had come when he left but in his first year in particular we were very unlucky not to win the flag. If we had rested most of our players ala The way Ross Lyon does for the Round 23 game against West Coast in Perth I think we would've won the flag that year. Craig's problem was that once the game plan he implemented got worked out he couldn't adjust and we were walking dead after that. Hinkley seems wedded to his game plan and if he can't adjust he risks suffering the exact same fate as Craig and years could be wasted before they realise things aren't going to get better and he'll get the sack.

I agree but Craigs stubbornness to rest players cost him there, its was Craigs way or the highway something the PAPS are experiencing with Hinkley. Ken doesn't seem to want to admit anything is wrong with HIS game plan apart from the players need to work harder and get confidence, was he planning on injecting that into them like Essendon did to get this back. If he hasn't got his best 22 players it appears his game plan wont work as there are to many weak links. What coach in their right mind expects to have their best 22 on the Park all year?

Saw Hamish Rompingwins interviewing Sam Mitchell on Game Day earlier, that guy shouldn't be anywhere near the front of a camera.

Went something like this:
HM: What unbiased rating out of 10 would you give yourself for how you're playing at the moment.
SM: About 7 or 8, I'm still not doing some things as well as I'd like.
HM: And at your best what would you say you'd be out of 10?
SM. Erm.... Well, 10....

What a bloody peanut.

Saw Hamish Rompingwins interviewing Sam Mitchell on Game Day earlier, that guy shouldn't be anywhere near the front of a camera.

Went something like this:
HM: What unbiased rating out of 10 would you give yourself for how you're playing at the moment.
SM: About 7 or 8, I'm still not doing some things as well as I'd like.
HM: And at your best what would you say you'd be out of 10?
SM. Erm.... Well, 10....

What a bloody peanut.
Lol. Hope Sam gave him a stare of bewilderment!

Don't think he will be opposition leader by the next election. I don't mind him but his popularity his slipping. I think he was only put in there short term anyway and they will be hoping for the usual "bounce" in the polls from a new leader 6-12 months before the election.
The two LEAST inspiring leaders of parties for many a year. Get rid of em both I reckon... and toss their parties out with the water!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back