2015 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Pt. 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked this post from the 'where are we at' thread on the scum board.

The world is against them again. Poor poort.

I literally Lol'd at the last bit.

"Where are we at? Well, we are definitely not the darling of the AFL. The AFL could not have scripted a worse fixture for us if they tried. The very tough teams , one after another , to start our season, followed by Sunday twilight game after Sunday twilight game so the boys got no mental break and now one of the shortest byes of any team so they have less time to freshen up mentally and then re-group. Add to that the pathetic umpiring. It almost feels like a conspiracy. Do you fear our success that much AFL? Do you?"

Couple of interesting stats to brighten up everyone's Sunday.

Since 2005, excluding finals, Port have only won 99 games out of a possible 234 minor round games, while the Crows have won 132 (out of 233 games due to last weekends bye).

Since round 13 2014,

Port Adelaide have won just 11 games out of 26 games including finals while the Crows have won 12 out of their last 22.

I will take a lop sided win loss showdown record any day if it meant being the true Pride of SA!!!

PS Port fans, couldn't help notice the 'Port Power, true pride of SA' bleating had stopped. Gee wonder why that is? ;)

"Where are we at? Well, we are definitely not the darling of the AFL. The AFL could not have scripted a worse fixture for us if they tried. The very tough teams , one after another , to start our season, followed by Sunday twilight game after Sunday twilight game so the boys got no mental break and now one of the shortest byes of any team so they have less time to freshen up mentally and then re-group. Add to that the pathetic umpiring. It almost feels like a conspiracy. Do you fear our success that much AFL? Do you?"

Delusional campaigners that lot.

He should be. They have gone backwards and by a long way. Even the worst teams are overrunning them in second halves.

My theory is that the Scum have overtrained for the last few years and are at the stage where they can no longer run games out. Happened to us with Craig at one stage.

More delusional than the Harry-Hermione shippers.

"Not the darlings of the AFL"? rubbish. Then why do I continue to hear each week about Ports "hard running game style" and how they will "get back to their best this week" that we know they are capable of?

If you haven't seen the second half yet the best is yet to come.

Take note of Monfries do absolutely nothing except pay for frees in the second half, which he then rightly does not get. That must be his idea of working harder.
Monfries is actually an excellent example of someone who should work harder by actually competing for the ball on its merits. You'd think he would get that.

I'vve never seen a guy so intent on initiating contact to derive a free like ge does. He's a half forward he should want space not a wrestle. He is lazy for a guy with a huge aerobic capacity.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

"Not the darlings of the AFL"? rubbish. Then why do I continue to hear each week about Ports "hard running game style" and how they will "get back to their best this week" that we know they are capable of?

They will smash an injury ravaged GWS and GC, everyone will say they are back again to their hard running premiership winning best.

Just finished the second half of that game.
I think that apart from Ken having no game plan beyond what Richardson implemented and Walshy refined is the way Burgess has turned them into running machines who don't have the physical stopping power to hold a tackle.

Same as they were in 2007.

Monfries is actually an excellent example of someone who should work harder by actually competing for the ball on its merits. You'd think he would get that.

I'vve never seen a guy so intent on initiating contact to derive a free like ge does. He's a half forward he should want space not a wrestle. He is lazy for a guy with a huge aerobic capacity.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

The more obvious explanation is he just isn't that good a player. Remember he was rubbish at the Dons long before he came home.

Hahahaha I find it hilarious that they have a reincarnated Neil Craig as their coach. All the shit laid upon the crows by their supporters against Craig. At least we worked out he was never going to win us a flag due to his stubbornness and the fact he had NO PLAN B. Hey PAPS sound familiar Kern doesn't have or want to use a plan B either KEN HINKLEY= NEIL CRAIG stubborn arses that cant see what is happening infront of them or wont react

AS for BURGO he should be with the AIS and training the middle to long distance runners. Maybe enter a few Power players who are thinking of going to the next Olympics to do this. Put on some beef and take the body don't be as soft as they are. Roo called it in his call and its been mentioned quite a few times this year even by their own supporters that they are slightly built overall.

So I wasn't able to watch any footy yesterday. Is it worth watching the whole Port game? Just the second half? Last quarter? Any glorious moments I should keep an eye out for?

Watch the whole thing. It's worth it. Look for Pittard's numerous holding the balls

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The more obvious explanation is he just isn't that good a player. Remember he was rubbish at the Dons long before he came home.
To be fair I think he has been played out of position for 90% of his AFL career. He is and has a midfielders engine. Essendon made him a diving HFF but he should be smart enough to recognise it and address it.

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

So I wasn't able to watch any footy yesterday. Is it worth watching the whole Port game? Just the second half? Last quarter? Any glorious moments I should keep an eye out for?

Pittard clangers are throughout the game. The Boak throw is in the dying stages of the game. Hartlett's pass to the umpire is in the 2nd Q I think.

Just finished the second half of that game.
I think that apart from Ken having no game plan beyond what Richardson implemented and Walshy refined is the way Burgess has turned them into running machines who don't have the physical stopping power to hold a tackle.

Same as they were in 2007.
They look like European soccer players. Unsurprisingly.

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Seems like a dud game for the stand alone game today. Hopefully Melbourne can make it a contest. Can't see them getting close without Hogan but maybe Geelong will subconsciously relax, may be the Demons only chance.

If they get flogged today surely questions have to be asked of what Roos is doing there, I haven't seen much improvement yet despite the influx of players from other clubs.

Stand alone Sunday game. I just don't understand this. If you're going to have a couple of Thursday night games, then surely they should be in a full round of 9 games where there's double ups on the weekend. Why dilute an already diluted weekend. I can't make any sense of it.

If Pittard had more consistent ball use and Impey had any sort of a football brain and kicking skills, they would be a much better side. Those two have pace and love taking the game on. It's just rare that something good comes from their run and carry.

I don't get the sooking about the call on Colquhoun's "mark". Simpson clearly touched it and the other umpire didn't initially hear the call. The rules state it must be a ball up. Murphy was right on his hammer and about to tackle so it would likely have resulted in a ball up anyway.

Port fans don't like to accept that their club's skills were shit last night and that's what cost them

I don't get the sooking about the call on Colquhoun's "mark". Simpson clearly touched it and the other umpire didn't initially hear the call. The rules state it must be a ball up. Murphy was right on his hammer and about to tackle so it would likely have resulted in a ball up anyway.
He's been getting further and further in the clear since the game ended. I've seen as far as 25m away from Murphy.

I also see that apparently they lost due to organised crime.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

So I wasn't able to watch any footy yesterday. Is it worth watching the whole Port game? Just the second half? Last quarter?

Watch it all. Seen several Power supporters this morning looking very bleary eyed. One lady with a very respectable job even admitted she took to the drink. None of them could quite a put a finger on what went wrong either...they're very confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back