List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was super keen on Weller last year but people seem to think he's getting a lot of attention because he's Mav's brother. That might get people on here's attention but it's his skill level that is getting him all the attention among the industry. His marking, his speed and his quality of kicking is something any team would want. After another preseason he'll be stronger and less easily moved at AFL level at clearances. He will be a gun.

EDIT: Learning German and transitioning back to English make brain hurt.

What was his wafl form like this year?

M
Weller will not Be as cheap as pick 14 again. If he has a break out year next season he could very well cost a club more

Stavro are we having a real crack at Weller, if that were to be successful then it will be a great trade period for us, despite what the tools in the media say

http://www.aflplayerratings.com.au/Ratings/Player/118095/Lachie-WELLER

Lachie Weller
2015 Season

1 WAFL Strong showing with 22 touches and three goals. -
2 WAFL Quieter game after strong start to season. 15 possessions, one goal. -
3 WAFL Solid game again with 17 touches and a goal. -
4 WAFL Quieter performance across half-forward without a goal and 14 disposals. -
5 VFL Good performance with 21 touches and a goal. -
6 WAFL Another strong performance on wing with 27 disposals. -
8 WAFL Bye. -
9 WAFL Continues solid form on the wing with another 23 disposals. -
10 WAFL Another solid performance with 17 touches. -
11 WAFL Just the 15 disposals in quieter performance. -
12 WAFL Bye. -
13 WAFL Worked hard in midfield. Had a good game with 23 disposals. -
14 WAFL Worked hard again in the midfield for 18 possessions, seven marks. -
15 WAFL Good contributor in the midfield with 22 disposals but kicked three behinds. -
16 Senior emergency.
17 WAFL Strong game again in midfield with 21 disposals but three behinds. -
18 GWS The sub. His eight touches in the final term showed plenty. 3
19 StK Youngster came on as sub in first game and wasn't fazed by tempo. 2
20 WAFL Solid on return from AFL debut with 21 disposals, five tackles. -
21 Ill.
22 WAFL Flat performance on the ball and had just 11 touches for the day. -
23 Port Probably won’t play finals but looks a future gun onballer. 5
QF WAFL Just the 16 disposals and five marks in the midfield. -
PF -

Yarran for 14 ???
for you guys in the know is this remotely possible?
Or not a chance in hell.
He can seriously play and he has cut us to shreads a few times but he has lost all motivation cos he has fallen out of love with Carltank.
24 is a good age as well.

Not saying I personaly want this to happen but do you think we would look at it with Carl knocking back 19 from Tiggers.
Hes a much better player than Saunders or Wright so it woukd improve our list.

Yarran for 14 ???
for you guys in the know is this remotely possible?
Or not a chance in hell.
He can seriously play and he has cut us to shreads a few times but he has lost all motivation cos he has fallen out of love with Carltank.
24 is a good age as well.

Not saying I personaly want this to happen but do you think we would look at it with Carl knocking back 19 from Tiggers.
Hes a much better player than Saunders or Wright so it woukd improve our list.
No way I would rather go to the draft. He is not worth a pick in the teens, I would think late 20's.....everyone is really overvaluing him.

Yarran doesn't fit our age profile surely? Not only that but do we want someone who drops his effort and intensity as soon as something doesn't go his way like he has the past few years around and potentially influencing our young kids? God no.

Weller or draft from 14 would be great.

If we did Lee and 14 > Weller and 22 (unlikely), rookie listed Ray...

22: Hibberd
45: Brown
46: Rice
68: Sinclair upgrade
81:

Losses/Gains

Markworth/Freeman
Siposs/Weller
Simpkin/Carlisle
White/Hibberd
Lee/Brown
Ray/Rice

Yum!

Just in regards to the talk of Weller, wouldn't we need to do a medical? And isn't he in Cambodia? Or do teams just risk these things sometimes?

So, if the Carlisle deal goes through as expected, that will leave Hawthorn with picks 15 and 18 and they tend to like to trade their first rounders of late for someone who can improve their side immediately (this new "no trading of more than 2 first rounders over a 4 year period" rule could really suck for a top side like Hawthorn, BTW- if that rule had been in place in recent years they wouldn't have been able to build the side they had this last couple of years). They just lost Hale and now have extremely thin ruck stocks, from what I see, so I wonder if they might have a crack at a certain someone with one of those picks, to partner Macca?
I think the rule is that over a 4 year period a club must have used 2 x 1st round draft selections. So that if the Hawks do take both #15 and #18 to the draft, they could theoretically be able to trade their 1st picks from all the next 3 years running.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez King didn't need to bait you guys, you all jumped on the hook.

He is trolling twitter

Yeah agreed.

Come on guys - after his "Saints won't win a game" debacle he was gracious enough to say he was wrong and paid his membership. (Yes it was an idiotic call). In this case he is taking the mickey big time! (I've met him twice at random places and he is actually a nice guy).

If we did Lee and 14 > Weller and 22 (unlikely), rookie listed Ray...

22: Hibberd
45: Brown
46: Rice
68: Sinclair upgrade
81:

Losses/Gains

Markworth/Freeman
Siposs/Weller
Simpkin/Carlisle
White/Hibberd
Lee/Brown
Ray/Rice

Yum!
Perfect Felsty...could even throw in 2016 3rd to Freo as a sweetener if required. I honestly believe we'll cut/trade another 5 or 6 at the end of 2016 so the later picks can be traded back in. plus FA Rich, Ziebell or Sidebottom

If the club is serious about having a dip at someone like jaeger in 12 months I really hope we are looking into trying to trade 14 for a first rounder next year.

You don't bring a spoon to a knife fight- and if we were to have 3 first rounders to negotiate with- we'd have a dundee sized blade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back