List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still haven't given up on Lee as a defender and feel like he will surprise a few. Elite kick, give him another preseason and if he doesn't have any setbacks with his shoulders then we could look forward to him coming out of his shell and cementing a spot in our best 22 post Shinners/Chips.

Del, Goddard, Robbo, Lee - could do worse and all offer something different. Add one more through the next couple of drafts/trade periods and suddenly it doesn't look so dire imo.
Just my opinion don't see Lee making it as a AFL player, if we have Salary cap room at the end of the year we should pay him out and move him on, will get more value out of Fisher & Dempster next year

Key players can be a problem. Without too many in the wings right now i'd be holding onto Simpkin and Lee even if they are just for depth.
Once Riewoldt and Fisher are gone, we may need them.
Not saying don't look for someone better, but getting rid of them before we find someone better won't make our team stronger.

Had it not been for his height deficiency all clubs would have had him top 20 pre-draft!

MILOS MILOS MILOS!!!

by far my favourite mens tennis player and it isn't even close

Hopefully we have Roo for 2016/17 but really see Lee turning into a list clogger would rather find a young bloke to put our time into instead of Lee
He might be, but I don't think he has been given a chance to prove his worth due to his shoulders, therefore being unable to get his body up to an AFL standard. I haven't watched Sandy for a month but earlier this season, our magoos looked excellent with Lee and Hugh working together down back.

I see someone like Saunders as a player who could turn into a list clogger, due to so many ahead of him in his position. But for a 195cm plus player who is only just getting his body right, Lee offers something that we don't really have an abundance of within our under 30 group. It's all just opinion at the moment, but I'm still holding out hope for him and will be happy to say I was wrong if he doesn't come good.

Bruce, paddy, Membrey.....Roo. Pass.

Skip has us taking Parish and Bonner with his recent update. Would be perfect.
It would be, but my word is Curnow is very highly rated amongst the recruiters, and he could be anything.

It's not my first choice, but as I said, I wouldn't say no.

It would be, but my word is Curnow is very highly rated amongst the recruiters, and he could be anything.

Yup agree he's highly rated. I've said a number of times he'll be the next tall taken after Schache and Weitering. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes #3 which means he's out of our reach anyway.

Just think it's in our interest to avoid a kpf...even Schache. I don't want the opportunity to get him cos u couldn't pass....

who is?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
Have done the ladder predictor, I'm thinking Gold Coast and Essendon overtake us (Essendon can't be that bad can they?) so we get pick 4, which is probably the best mid fielder.

This is based on us only beating Melbourne on the way home, not sure about beating GWS this week.

Thought we had GC in Melbourne on the way home but we don't.

Would like to know the the thoughts of others regarding our finishing position.
I think that's pretty accurate. 2 teams will probably overtake us (Carlton and Essendon, or Melbourne and Essendon or Gold Coast and Carlton, any 2 of those 4, most likely Melbourne and Essendon IMO). Our draw is bloody hard from here, think we'll win 1 game for the rest of the year. Melbourne have a fairly easy draw and a lot of the teams below us play against each other. That probably means a top 5 pick, hopefully good enough to land the midfielder Trout and Bains want.

Imo a favourable outcome for us would be Treloar staying up in GWS or joining North - him joining Collingwood would make them a bloody good side for the future and if he stays up there, further salary cap pressure is put on Whitfield's contract next year, and he fits our side and our age profile slightly better (and in time will become a better player, no surprise as he was a No. 1 pick). Has me thinking, would we offer GWS our 1st selection for either Whitfield or Kelly, so that they have more cap room to sign Treloar? Or even our 1st selection and a senior player, with most of their salary paid by us ala Ryan Griffen?

I would love to see our pick 4-7 be used on a young middy and hopefully trade for another pick around the
10-15 mark to get Collins .
Im really happy with our current back six of .....Geary Delaney Webster , Savage , Roberton and Goddard ( eventually ).
The selection of Collins would be a Insurance policy for Delaney & Goddard getting injured ect....
Big Defenders and Big Forwards win you BIG games .

soft barrels, very very soft
Unlike you at the mention of Balic...

Mr+burgundy+you+have+a+massive+erection+_c245ca2ceabce9fb6951d430b97ef040.jpg

Imo a favourable outcome for us would be Treloar staying up in GWS or joining North - him joining Collingwood would make them a bloody good side for the future and if he stays up there, further salary cap pressure is put on Whitfield's contract next year, and he fits our side and our age profile slightly better (and in time will become a better player, no surprise as he was a No. 1 pick). Has me thinking, would we offer GWS our 1st selection for either Whitfield or Kelly, so that they have more cap room to sign Treloar? Or even our 1st selection and a senior player, with most of their salary paid by us ala Ryan Griffen?

Staying would be the best option imo. For all the reasons you say but also that it puts a bit more pressure on GWS to find picks for their academy players so they might be more willing to do a Whitfield/Kelly trade this year.

Thoughts on which senior player they might be interested in? I kinda struggle to see who they'd want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back