List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

There are good reports on Aidyn going back to U/16 champs, has had a quad since before the champs, could be a smokey

Staying would be the best option imo. For all the reasons you say but also that it puts a bit more pressure on GWS to find picks for their academy players so they might be more willing to do a Whitfield/Kelly trade this year.

Thoughts on which senior player they might be interested in? I kinda struggle to see who they'd want.
You're right in suggesting that the players we'd be open to trading wouldn't make their best 22 on talent, but never, ever underestimate the value of experience, particularly finals experience. How many of their players have played big finals? How many know what to do in tight situations, late in September? How many would be able to lead in that situation? They have a couple, but a young team (and they'll still be young next year) can use all the help they can get, especially one that should play in September action.

I made the post thinking generally and not with any players in mind, BUT

Personally I think they could upgrade a defender (I liked Buntine early in the year, he's been pretty awful lately) and obviously if they lose Whitfield, an experienced winger would do nicely.

Im just going to throw this out there but if last years draft was ran again surely jack lonie would go top 20? I absolutly love how he goes about it

Im just going to throw this out there but if last years draft was ran again surely jack lonie would go top 20? I absolutly love how he goes about it
And what pick would we have to give up now for J. Bruce

You're right in suggesting that the players we'd be open to trading wouldn't make their best 22 on talent, but never, ever underestimate the value of experience, particularly finals experience. How many of their players have played big finals? How many know what to do in tight situations, late in September? How many would be able to lead in that situation? They have a couple, but a young team (and they'll still be young next year) can use all the help they can get, especially one that should play in September action.

Personally I think they could upgrade a defender (I liked Buntine early in the year, he's been pretty awful lately) and obviously if they lose Whitfield, an experienced winger would do nicely.

Fair enough. So someone like Geary, Gilbert, Ray or maybe even Joey? It would deserve some consideration at the very least. Particularly if we end up with a pick in the 6-8 range.

If the exodus happens at Gold Coast like some are predicting I do wonder if they might look to recruit some more senior players to help establish a new 'culture' or whatever. If they have a large number of picks they might be a bit more willing to overpay to get one (in the same way GWS has been willing to overpay for players they need). That could create an interesting situation if they went after someone like Geary.

Note: None of this means that I want to trade those players or expect us to, just that we should consider all options.

Wouldn't say Buntine has been awful, it's just that his role has had to change with the injuries to Davis & Patfull.... All of a sudden Buntine & Haynes had to become the 1st & 2nd choice KPDs, when really they are only equipped to be 3rd tall/intercept types.

TBH, I watched a bit of Richmond v GWS & thought Buntine did really quite well on Riewoldt. Sure, his 6 disposals doesn't look good, but some of his spoils & keeping JRoo to only 2 goals wasn't a bad effort.... Hell, if Jack only kicked 2 goals against us each time we played the Tiges, I'd take it & run!

Rahul, BS, DB, TLE and others. Perhaps more possibles for our third rounder, or earlier if we get a mid round one, but your views on:
- Parsons
- Fiorini
- Leonardis

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just on thinking back on drafting and trading.

will be interesting who has a better career longer or the pick we traded to get him 25 (Mcstay)

Fair enough. So someone like Geary, Gilbert, Ray or maybe even Joey? It would deserve some consideration at the very least. Particularly if we end up with a pick in the 6-8 range.

If the exodus happens at Gold Coast like some are predicting I do wonder if they might look to recruit some more senior players to help establish a new 'culture' or whatever. If they have a large number of picks they might be a bit more willing to overpay to get one (in the same way GWS has been willing to overpay for players they need). That could create an interesting situation if they went after someone like Geary.

Note: None of this means that I want to trade those players or expect us to, just that we should consider all options.
The higher we finish the more I think we need to be aggressive. It might not be top picks, but even a couple of pick upgrades and perhaps throwing in our 40 odd to get an extra pick or so in the top 30 at min.

If GWS are super keen on both Hopper & Kennedy, would we entertain the idea of trading our first 2 picks (say pick 5 & 23) for Josh Kelly & Nathan Wilson/Matt Buntine....? Possibly gives them enough points to counter any bids on them if they seriously want both of them

I'd give that some serious thought...

The higher we finish the more I think we need to be aggressive. It might not be top picks, but even a couple of pick upgrades and perhaps throwing in our 40 odd to get an extra pick or so in the top 30 at min.
Cant give up any picks in the 40s

Rahul, BS, DB, TLE and others. Perhaps more possibles for our third rounder, or earlier if we get a mid round one, but your views on:
- Parsons
- Fiorini
- Leonardis

I don't know enough about them to comment. I really like Corey Wagner with our 3rd and hope Brissy get their picks tied up on Hipwood and Keays. Wagner's a mad Saints supporter too.

If GWS are super keen on both Hopper & Kennedy, would we entertain the idea of trading our first 2 picks (say pick 5 & 23) for Josh Kelly & Nathan Wilson/Matt Buntine....?

I'd give that some serious thought...
he sucks, ive said it all year.

if we need a steak knives pick ill go zach williams or take a flyer at hampton

but if we want something more id go after their 2014 draft crop

If GWS really rate Hopper and Kennedy, then it may be an opportune time to try to manufacture a trade; they need draft currency, and we are one of the few in a position to offer it. As far as whether or not they would actually be keen, I think they should capitalise on their chance to spread the age of their elite talent by another year. This will be one of their last chances to help get a better age spread, as they're on the climb, so I could see them taking "unders" on some quality players in order to get the necessary draft picks.

Gilbert, Ray and Joey are good examples, they're high output players who offer leadership (the latter 2 in particular, Gilbert would only play a role). Personally I'd rather keep Joey, despite his age he is our 3rd best midfielder and on form would be GWS' 2nd best right now behind Shiel. Losing him AND a top 5 pick AND lots and lots of cap space wouldn't be worth it.

Rors, I think Buntine's output has been down for the whole year. He made his name as an intercepting defender and he simply hasn't been that this year.

i think were a sneaky tayte pears destination this year aswell, one to watch i imagine

essedons situation right now could be the worst i can ever remember

An unprecedented 20-plus players are out of contract just nine weeks before the end of the season

Last edited:
i think were a sneaky tayte pears designation this year aswell, one to watch i imagine
1. I'm not sure what you're getting at with 'designation', and;
2. **** no, not Pears, not ever. No. Nooooo. No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back