List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I amafraid I was one of the dunderheads who caused so much work for the mods yesterday. Apologies and on reflection although the mods were kind enough not to give me a holiday, I am imposing a self impsed holiday until this Carlisle saga is finalised. That could be a day or until the end of the trade period. I felt a tad embarrassed yesterday evening after a mod told me what he sacrificed yesterday to moderate this thread and the inane blatherings and infantile carry ons of posters like myself.

Last observation before I go.

Saints have played this saga well after being blindsided by a desperate Dodoro. The breathing space was contained in the statment released by the Saints last night. Trade period still has a week, we can get a package that is fair pu together and if Essendon wont come to the party, mediation. If they wont stick to mediation, it is then Jake Carlisle's call. He and his manager can look at the relevant facts and decide if they want to go to the PSD or Hawthorn.

Saints need to stay strong and make the best decision for the clubs future.

So that me out for the duration. Kildanon and Squiz, thanks for the heads up and once again apologies for acting like an idiot on occasions.

Adios amigo's see you on the other side of Trade week.
Love your passion. All we all want is for the Saints to be strong again, and not bow to the pressure of the so-called 'big' clubs. Am sure we will hold our heads high shortly, whichever way it goes.

I agree the club has handled itself really well, I would like the club to issue a strongly worded statement directed at Essendon and dildo regarding our so called lack of professional behaviour. It pisses me off that we are getting slammed and it seems they can just take pot shots at us without challenge.

All our club is doing what is best for us, most rational footy ppl think 5 is to high for Carlisle and Essendon are hard to deal with, yet we are getting the crap in the media
Nah to be honest Im happy taking the higher ground. Let them take pot shots. They are only making themselves look terrible.

The amount of shit going around from Essendon supporters is ridiculous. It will actually be funny if we do get our man! I'm backing in our list manangement team regardless. If we give up pick 5 (not my preference) then I have no Reason to doubt the boys. They've never panicked and always done such a great job.

Basically hoping Bains tells Carlisle to sit tight.... Dodoro supposedly has this Friday deadline. He may panic today, and Jake doesn't have to sign off on a deal when he knows we've got a whole week left to make a deal.

Saints are waiting on the Dixon deal to get done. Then I think we'll trade pick 5 for 10 and 16 (24 probably thrown in as well). Trade 16 for Carlisle. Not that Essendon will accept it straight away, probably go down to the last day then they accept it.

The Saints need to throw a bone at GC, & Sam Gilbert has unfortunately drawn the short straw.
GC are keen on adding picks & mature players to their back half.
Pick 5, Gilbert & next year's third rd for 10 & 17.
This year's 2nd/3rd on Freeman.
Carlisle for pick 17 & next year's 2nd rd pick (app 23-27)
Pick 10 draft: Mathiesion, Gresham, Milera..??
17 & next year's 2nd: Carlisle
2015 3rd & Saad or 2nd rd: Freeman
2015 3rd pick Rice
2015 4th or 5th rd pick Sinclair

On another article, Howe has nominated Pies.

Melbourne had negotiated pick 3 for pick 6 and Howe. So, they are unhappy but stuck.

In the end, unless Carlisle agrees, dons are stuck as well. Weasel words can't change that.

The Saints need to throw a bone at GC, & Sam Gilbert has unfortunately drawn the short straw.
2015 3rd pick Rice
Think that all makes sense. Just got a sneaky feeling that something else might be in play. We might trade out another player. Have no inside knowledge, but Brian and the others have hinted of other irons in the fire. We'll see.

2015 3rd pick Rice

Given that they were willing to downgrade to pick 6 for for Howe, I'd be a bit more ambitious.

Given that they were willing to downgrade to pick 6 for for Howe, I'd be a bit more ambitious.
Pick 5 & next years 2nd has turned into pick 10 & Carlisle, giving us a talented CHB with years of good footy ahead of him.
They don't come around that often, & we need to strike while the opportunity presents itself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For something entirely different, here's Cal Twomey ranking the Top 25 prospects post-Combine...

List - in order - is;
Weitering
Schache
Mills
Parish
Hopper
Kennedy
Francis
Weideman
Curnow
Balic
Burton
Keays
Hipwood
Tucker
Mathieson
Ah Chee
Gresham
Collins
McKay (Harry)
Dunkley
Bonner
Oliver
Clarke
Hibberd

Notably Collins is listed at 194cm (100kg), so he is still growing and the confusion around Ryan Clarke's size has been answered; he's 185cm 84kg.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-16/phantom-form-guide-update?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=RSS+feed:+AFL+Latest+News

Last edited:
2015 3rd pick Rice
Is be happy to with that top deal, not sure how Gilbert would feel about it though considering he's not long signed a contract?

Three way deal

Collingwood get Howe
Give up freeman and Kennedy

Melbourne get Kennedy,(saad or Ray) and 42
Give up Howe

St kilda get freeman
Give up saad or Ray and 42

I can't bring myself to trust anything anymore, I'LL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT :p

Whatever "news" you're alluding to... will it surface today? I'm so nervous about the day ahead haha, I think some crazy stuff is going to go down.

Relax, we don't have Carlisle we have pick 5 and our intergrity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back