List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essendon were expected to hold on to picks 23 and 25 – leaving them with four picks inside 25 – while the Saints will get Carlisle while retaining a first-round presence.

Age is reporting Essendope expected to hold both 2nd round picks...crap if true

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Essendon were expected to hold on to picks 23 and 25 – leaving them with four picks inside 25 – while the Saints will get Carlisle while retaining a first-round presence.

Age is reporting Essendope expected to hold both 2nd round picks...crap if true

I can't see how Sydney are happy with that but it makes no difference to our deal by the sounds of it.

Jeez watching that he turns it over a bit

I see what you mean but every one of these draft prospects videos I watch there's loads of turnovers. It was the inside work, vision, run & carry, contested grab and ability to make something out nothing which I noticed. Add those skills with elite speed and edurance the kid could be anything.

I see what you mean but every one of these draft prospects videos I watch there's loads of turnovers. It was the inside work, vision, run & carry, contested grab and ability to make something out nothing which I noticed. Add those skills with elite speed and edurance the kid could be anything.

Agree there's loads of up side but I doubt we'll have a pick available around his value. Unless of course someone gets a new home.

Some are saying Tom Lee. I am not sure though, if they get Carlisle done tomorrow I would be happy with this trade period if thats all we did. If we move up in the draft somehow or get Weller I would be surprised and Ameet would be more of a genius that he already is.
I don't think any of that Weller or moving up is happening. I don't see how. 14 is a good pick, take it to the draft. Leave those big names for next year.

I do think something is happening with that extra 3rd round pick though because 1 3rd round is not enough, but 2 3rd rounds looks like it would be too many points for Rice. The excess points go to our last pick which is useless as Rice will essentially be our last pick.

Agree there's loads of up side but I doubt we'll have a pick available around his value. Unless of course someone gets a new home.

It's the first touch ball control was incredible. 50% of what he tries might come off, but the other 50% of the time he's going to do something that will be so hard to predict and create some chances. Would love to get him.

Agree re chances of getting him though, with the X-Factor in his play (and his name) don't think he'll last long past 20.
Jed Anderson got Hawthorn pick 15.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It makes a diff bcoz essendrug are then in a position to secure pick 8 from gws giving them 3 picks in top 10.....dodo becomes a genius...zzz

I'm not sure Sydney would have enough points without getting pick 25? Unless they got the 44 instead of us? I can't be bothered working out the points.

Does not really faze me either way, it makes no difference to us. They are years behind us in a rebuild.

Matho, Tucker and Gresham probably the best mids likely to be available at 14, can't go wrong with any of them in my opinion.

I really like Clayton Oliver, he reminds me of Rory Sloan. He's a pudgy red headed lump but is just a good old school footballer. He's a bit slow and heavy and has a funny loose movement style but he wins games and makes the play. He will be a gun....won the Morrish after a 27 possession 6 goal game for the Bushrangers.

And Ryan Clarke, a guy who will have shot up the draft order, a bit classier a pace outside mid who kicks goals.

Now I'm excited about Rioli!
--------------------------------

How about:
14 + Lee for 22 + Weller?

Draft:
22 = Rioli
Use 44, 45, 68 for Rice or to balance the Freo trade
70+ Sinclair

Markworth - Freeman (MED MID)
Simpkin - Carlisle (KPD)
Siposs - Weller (WING)
White - Rioli (SM FWD)
Ray(rookie) - Rice (SM DEF)
Lee - Sinclair

Massive list improvement right across the field.
p.s. Still like Young but not sure who goes to make space - (delist Saad, re-rookie Curren???)!

Finally caught up with the thread, refused to comment until I caught up which was interesting as most things I'd say were already said anyway.

I was initially disappointed but that was ego and emotion talking. In the end it was a pretty fair trade all round in which everyone has something to be content about.

In an ordinary draft, I think Dons would be laughing. Swans with academy picks have not really changed position. With our position, taking minimal picks, staying in the first round but ensuring there is enough for Rice is a win.

I do recall someone, perhaps even Finnis, discussing that there was little difference between 5 and 15 this year prior to trade period - can anyone else remember this? I assume that is still the assumption among our recruiters.

I think we have been conditioned to accept unrealistic deals on here. Options like Ross & 24, 2 seconds, 5 for Carlisle and 2 seconds or getting 8 back were awesome trades but we don't live in a perfect world. Perhaps prior to this year this could've happened but future trading - together with a perceived shallow draft has meant deals like that were just not possible.

To end up with pick 14 as our only live pick is still going to be a great chance to pick up 4 very very good players this year (14, Rice, Freeman, Carlisle). Our Carlisle trade is still a stronger trade than Henderson was for Cats, something to keep in mind.

I also find it fascinating how a trade is sold. For example, giving up pick 5 and a 10 pick upgrade sounds a lot worse than giving up pick 24 and a 9 pick downgrade. Sorry, just interesting how we choose to look at the trade.

I reiterate pick 24 was meaningless in the long run for our purposes this year anyway.

So, now that I've said that, I'd love to push hard this year for Lachie. It all depends on GWS obviously, but I'd be very keen to do it this year leaving next year open for JOM and Sidey as a free agent.

The most obvious option is a straight swap, Weller for 14. But we still need to make a selection this year.

As with most trade suggestions, they are almost always one sided - but is there a way to get pick 22 back from Freo and would this be before the Rice bid? Guys like Lee and Ray wouldn't form a huge upgrade on picks. We have a next years third, picks this year but mostly reserved for Rice. If someone wants to have a go at it go for it, I couldn't.

Most likely is Lee for an upgraded pick.

Then hope someone like Rioli is around at pick 50odd (unlikely with recent attention) but I still think there is a diamond or two around there.

Either way, well played to Bains, Trout and co. Thank you to stavro#4 and Moorabbin Ghost for keeping us updated. Great outcome considering all of the factors involved in trading for Jake.

Now, when is he putting in the application to change his name to Jack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back