List Mgmt. 2015 Trade & Free Agency Hellscape Discussion Thread (PG546: Anderson PG732: Bastinac)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essendon has the same pace related issues in its midfield as we do, only worse. If he couldn't kick on there, I'd be asking why?
Melksham did well when *s midfield was up and firing.

Role shifted to cover absences when they got injuries and went to shit and has been pretty mediocre since.

I agree I'd take Melksham, a second rounder would get it done. Has good pace, played over 100 games still young, good as a junior and former first round pick. And BFNAAK!
Second round draft pick!! Surely we could pick him up cheaper than that. Ordinary footballer who'd be lucky to be in our top 30.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Melksham is a poor man's Bastinac but like Basti might still come good. Has no trade value though. Should be close to free.
He's the type you take a flyer on as a delisted free agent. Like we did with Nahas.

You don't give up 2nd round picks for these blokes regardless of their junior careers.

He's the type you take a flyer on as a delisted free agent. Like we did with Nahas.

You don't give up 2nd round picks for these blokes regardless of their junior careers.

Spot on and in his case, doesn't bring what we're crying out for so why bother? Won't happen.

I don't really care one way or another about Melksham; if he's cheap he's a good depth option and he does offer speed and reasonable long kicking ability.

However, a lot of what is being said about him in the last few pages is similar to what was being said about Nahas and Waite and they've both made a significant contribution since they've been at the club. I'm more than happy to back our list management guys with who they want to get because they've done a good job recruiting players from other clubs over the last couple of years.

You can have Carlisle for Ziebell, Atley, Goldstein, your first round pick, your second round pick..... and probably next years first round pick.

You can have Melksham for our first round pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't really care one way or another about Melksham; if he's cheap he's a good depth option and he does offer speed and reasonable long kicking ability.

However, a lot of what is being said about him in the last few pages is similar to what was being said about Nahas and Waite and they've both made a significant contribution since they've been at the club. I'm more than happy to back our list management guys with who they want to get because they've done a good job recruiting players from other clubs over the last couple of years.

Melkshamwow doesn't really get a lot of the ball in a side notorious for racking up useless possession counts.

The only time I have really noticed him is when he kicked 3 against us and when he tried some tough man thing with LT.

.....................Melksham

The campaigner in him and the fact that he can roost it from 50 metres once a month are his only redeeming features.

Not particularly quick, not overly skilled mid. A poor man's Bastinac....

Well, If Bastinac ends up being part of a package to get us one of our target players, recruiting Melksham on the cheap as a replacement would seem reasonable to me. If we don't move on any midfielders though, I don't think he's a good investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back