List Mgmt. 2015 Trade & Free Agency Hellscape Discussion Thread (PG546: Anderson PG732: Bastinac)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who else would you be able to compare him to.

In fact

Both drafted in 2012
Both have had injury issues
Both seem to have a bit of **** in them
Both reportedly costing us pick 15

I didn't pluck the comparison from no where, infact if we were going to compare any player on our list I think that Garner is about the only real choice.

I'm just saying, statistically not worth comparing as yet - the bolded part above is probably more relevant :)

"We’ve just spoken off-air to Jeremy Howe’s manager Ben Niall, who confirmed he has agreed to move to the Pies. Buckley relationship the key"

Does he want the top or bottom? :stern look
Just like Cooney wanting to play for Hird was the key in seeing the former Bulldog move to Injection Hill. When Collingwood miss out on the finals for a third straight season and the Jungle Drums are beating to sack Buckley what is Howe gonna think then? Yes I'm as stupid as the Coon Dog. :stern look

This is all a matter of opinion but to call him a B grader seriously? You say I over rate draft picks but in actual fact I think draft picks are over rated. I think we know who is the one doing the over rating here when you rate him a B grader.
He's effectively produced the same, if not more based on relative game time, than Garner. Would you accept 15 for Garner? I know I certainly wouldn't. To reply to your former post as well, he's 21! how is that ****ing up the future if we trade him for 15?

Dermott Brereton on Anderson in the NAB Challenge video:

He's lightning, he's a tackle machine, and with a fit body, he's -- it's hard to say about a dual premiership side -- is in their best 18. He's a star.

Josh Gibson thinks he's the best young player at Hawthorn.

Just like Cooney wanting to play for Hird was the key in seeing the former Bulldog move to Injection Hill. When Collingwood miss out on the finals for a third straight season and the Jungle Drums are beating to sack Buckley what is Howe gonna think then? Yes I'm as stupid as the Coon Dog. :stern look

I like Buckley, he also has the upside that he isn't a very good coach.

He's effectively produced the same, if not more based on relative game time, than Garner. Would you accept 15 for Garner? I know I certainly wouldn't.
Garner has shown great improvement this year and is a better player than Anderson at this stage. Would I take Garner for pick 15 hmmm thats a tough one. I think Garner is probably worth around a 20-25 pick if he was traded at this point but no doubt others will disagree.

Barrett: "North are getting desperate"

Lol **** off Damo, noone at the club tells you shit, you just guess as usual. How well did the Harvey to another club rumour work out?
Desperate because noone tells you anything because you will report it regardless of promises made?? He knows nothing where doing and that is for a specific reason.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Garner has shown great improvement this year and is a better player than Anderson at this stage. Would I take Garner for pick 15 hmmm thats a tough one. I think Garner is probably worth around a 20-25 pick if he was traded at this point but no doubt others will disagree.
I, for one, absolutely disagree. Statistically speaking they are almost identical. I know that doesn't tell the whole story but I doubt you've seen every one of Anderson's games. Also, to reply to one of your previous posts. How is trading our pick 15 for a player who is only 21 '****ing up our future?' He's not in his mid to late 20s, he's 21!

He's effectively produced the same, if not more based on relative game time, than Garner. Would you accept 15 for Garner? I know I certainly wouldn't. To reply to your former post as well, he's 21! how is that ******* up the future if we trade him for 15?
Because if we give away pick 15 for a player who struggles to get a senior spot it will be wasted. I'd rather use that pick on a key forward.

All we are doing is forgoing a draft pick speculation for another rated on perceived talent alone which is not how the benchmark trades at all.

Might not be a bad trade in hindsight but it is a big fat question mark.

If Hawks have anything close to 15, they use it on known quality and not talent speculation. Burgoyne, Lake, Hale, Gibson, Gunston, McEvoy. Closet trade they made on pure talent speculation was O'Rouke. They even backed up Gilham that year with Spangher for an exchange of 4th rounder.

Fair enough. What is the known quantity we should be using 15 on this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back