List Mgmt. 2015 Trade & Free Agency Hellscape Discussion Thread (PG546: Anderson PG732: Bastinac)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is Buckley handing out wristies at these player approaches or something? Landing just about everyone he chases the last couple of years with nothing much to indicate why.
you forget Collingwood is a prime example of a club looking down the barrel of mediocrity, and pulling itself out of it with a high performance culture of accountability and finishing 12 in 2015.;)

If Anderson went into the draft and he was there at pick 15 would we take him? Strong chance we would. So those saying it is unbelievable we would consider parting with #15 I think are a bit unrealistic. He is in the right age bracket that he represents a long-term prospect and fills a need for the club.

If we can get another reasonable pick out of the trade then that I think would be okay. I'd prefer to try and get 25 and offload one of our later picks if possible.

Talk about over rating picks.

Mate the big difference is that there is no guarantee with ANY draft pick.

With pick 1 you might get Riewoldt or Watts.

You take a player who has shown the potential to play AFL over the draft every day because the draft is a crapshoot.

We need an outside runner with x-factor and Anderson is the best available next year, our last chance to win a flag with this list.

Because if we give away pick 15 for a player who struggles to get a senior spot it will be wasted. I'd rather use that pick on a key forward.
But there's no guarantee a player picked at 15 will get a senior spot either? In fact, on the balance of probabilities it's far more likely that Anderson will have a more immediate impact than a kid taken at 15.

If Anderson went into the draft and he was there at pick 15 would we take him? Strong chance we would. So those saying it is unbelievable we would consider parting with #15 I think are a bit unrealistic. He is in the right age bracket that he represents a long-term prospect and fills a need for the club.

If we can get another reasonable pick out of the trade then that I think would be okay. I'd prefer to try and get 25 and offload one of our later picks if possible.
I hope that it why this deal is being held up at this stage. Us looking for a better pick than pick 41 in return. It looks as if Hawkthorn and Essendscum get what they want out of the deal. :stern look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is what we need to consider. I'd happily have us give pick 15 for Anderson - provided he did a medical. Also means we get an extra 3mths of a pre-season into a player; my issue with this deal is that we're facilitating a competitor getting noticeably better. Hawthorn's defence is currently not that strong, only Frawley andJudas are there. Why help them fill a critical hole that we'd be looking to exploit come September.

Mate the big difference is that there is no guarantee with ANY draft pick.

With pick 1 you might get Riewoldt or Watts.

You take a player who has shown the potential to play AFL over the draft every day because the draft is a crapshoot.

We need an outside runner with x-factor and Anderson is the best available next year, our last chance to win a flag with this list.

I want the club to have sustained success above what this list can do next year, if we start with our fifth flag next year I have no issues.:)

Just out of curiosity, if we get Jed, how many will we have on our list that Captained their rep team?

I know we have Luke captain Vic metro, Jed was NT captain. Was VW captain too? Or was that just captain of his school?

Not sure why everyone is so angry. I'd give up 15 subject to a medical. Try and trade back into the first round via basti/black.

Jed is ready to go. We have 3 kids that couldnt get on the park last year to come back. Don't need to draft a skinny 18yo at 15 we aren't going to play next year anyway.

Get him.
Ready to go... Except for the fact he cant string half a dozen games together because he is constantly injured. lol pick 15

The poos and wees perennially inserting rooster into NMFC behinds dry...

But there's no guarantee a player picked at 15 will get a senior spot either? In fact, on the balance of probabilities it's far more likely that Anderson will have a more immediate impact than a kid taken at 15.

if I keep the $10 in my pocket instead of buying a lottery ticket, there is far more chance of me being in front at the end of the week.

but no chance of me hitting the jackpot.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back