Competitions 2016 Adelaide Oval Attendance Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

44,000 is another fantastic crowd. Of course there will be those who say "Friday night and you couldn't get 50,000, bring out the tarps lol", but those people are inbred hillbillies. 44,000 is an excellent crowd in any sporting league in the world.
Well except for the NFL! But yea good.

Sent from my SM-A300Y using Tapatalk

There are a fair few Bomber supporters in S.A, , not as many as normal would've turned up tonight , plus our pathetic effort last week wouldn't have helped , so 44k+ was excellent I reckon.

If we win against GWS we'll get 50k against Geelong. 44k shits on being one of the 12 or 13k suffering at the swamp, but the showdown debacle lopped 5k-6k off what we'd otherwise had gotten. And Essendon in any other year would have pulled in another 1-2k supporters of their's to see them.

There are a fair few Bomber supporters in S.A, , not as many as normal would've turned up tonight , plus our pathetic effort last week wouldn't have helped , so 44k+ was excellent I reckon.

If there was 44,000 at Etihad for an Essendon v Carlton game the commentators would be talking about what a great crowd it is, and that's with two teams playing who actually reside in that city. So a crowd of 44,000 at Adelaide Oval where maybe 1000 (?) opposition fans turn up is an outstanding turnout.

I hardly saw any Bomber supporters there actually. The group behind the northern goals and odd one here or there but that's it. They are allowed to be bandwagoners in their situation I guess, but I can't imagine many games would get sell outs playing them.

It looked like we sold most of what we could to the public.

Can someone tell me why this year all the red seats in the Bradman stand are empty? Are these corporate seats we haven't sold or SACA/SANFL/SMA members not turning up. Same goes for the red corporate seats behind the Black Diamond area.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I hardly saw any Bomber supporters there actually. The group behind the northern goals and odd one here or there but that's it. They are allowed to be bandwagoners in their situation I guess, but I can't imagine many games would get sell outs playing them.

ANZAC Day, but that always sells out, so you really can't include that one.

Can someone tell me why this year all the red seats in the Bradman stand are empty? Are these corporate seats we haven't sold or SACA/SANFL/SMA members not turning up. Same goes for the red corporate seats behind the Black Diamond area.

SMA Members, filthy rotten SMA members.

44,000 is another fantastic crowd. Of course there will be those who say "Friday night and you couldn't get 50,000, bring out the tarps lol", but those people are inbred hillbillies. 44,000 is an excellent crowd in any sporting league in the world.

We could get 90,000 to the opening of an envelope and some dickhead would scoff at the price of the canapés.

Behind the black diamond area is the seating for the audi club. Alot of people stand in behind the glass windows drinking and eating and shmoozing.

Behind the black diamond area is the seating for the audi club. Alot of people stand in behind the glass windows drinking and eating and shmoozing.
I'll bite. What is an 'audi club'?
I'm not even attempting to research it as I'll get 1,000 variations on groups of well-off people with a shared interest in driving certain German cars.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll bite. What is a 'audi club'?
I'm not even attempting to research it as I'll get 1,000 variations on groups of well-off people with a shared interest in driving certain German cars.

Mostly corporate schmooze seating for companies that can't afford a whole box.

Bradman stand is on the Member's side, Audi club is in the Eastern stand.

As for the red seats in the Bradman stand, they are reserved for the Before the Bounce function attendees, who can and do spend a lot of the game in the Ian McLachlan room chugging booze and watching through the glass. Or, if the game is as indifferent as last night's, just chugging booze.

Still biting, why is it called 'audi club'? Is it run by Audi? Is it an acronym for something?

I guess Audi is just the chief sponsor. It's an SMA membership, includes cricket and other stuff too.

The Audi Club seems to attract plenty of dickheads. My guess is that the proportion of neutral/opposition fans is much higher than in the rest of the ground, so they feel a bit safer about mouthing off when they've had too much to drink.

The Audi Club seems to attract plenty of dickheads. My guess is that the proportion of neutral/opposition fans is much higher than in the rest of the ground, so they feel a bit safer about mouthing off when they've had too much to drink.
At $4,250 for a 12 month membership its mainly corporates buying 2 to 6 memberships/seats and handing them out to executives and workers and they can take who they want with them.

At $4,250 for a 12 month membership its mainly corporates buying 2 to 6 memberships/seats and handing them out to executives and workers and they can take who they want with them.
Yeah, I know a few people with seats in there. None of them Port or Adelaide supporters.

Audi club is pretty good
Works well for lower level corporates that want lots of value
Been in there twice for cricket and loved it

So it's basically pretty much the mouth breathers section!!.

No bogan is worse than a cashed up bogan.

Audi club is pretty good
Works well for lower level corporates that want lots of value
Been in there twice for cricket and loved it

Been in there twice for the footy and wasn't a fan. Better value corporate packages available elsewhere in the stadium.

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions 2016 Adelaide Oval Attendance Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back