2016 AFL Fixture Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Put your house on it! It will happen. Except this time PD will get every ****ing free kick he didn't get playing for the AFC at the same shithole.
No chance. We will get Geelong in the first 4 weeks at Adelaide oval. we only just played the at SS (played them there 2 years in a row)

The AFL are apparently going to reward the Doggies for coming 7th with a better fixture and some Friday night games. They used the same logic for gifting Port better time slots in 2014 after winning a final in 2013 as well. Using this logic, I wonder if we'll get similar treatment in 2016 after we won a final this year? I won't hold my breath:rolleyes:.

Surely the fixture will accommodate some thursday night games for the Crows. You lot have made that your own over the last 2 years, and anything other than a sellout looks unlikely, should the AFC secure this timeslot for future games.

Perhaps, you didn't realize..this is not about YOU..this is about the AMERICAN. ;)
Can we have some twilight games in the month you are visiting?

Im expecting at least 2 thurs night and a fri night game at Adelaide oval in 2016.
The less Sunday games the better (I hate them, especially after a loss and having to front up to work on Monday)

really hope we get more than 4 games in melbourne next year too, no trips to geelong would be good too

Perhaps, you didn't realize..this is not about YOU..this is about the AMERICAN. ;)
If you make this request, I'll request all Cleveland games are night games.

THis way it means I miss them as I work through them and don't have to deal with them when watching redzone :p

Will you like this?
Will you like Cleveland stinking it up on national television?

If you make this request, I'll request all Cleveland games are night games.

THis way it means I miss them as I work through them and don't have to deal with them when watching redzone :p

Will you like this?
Will you like Cleveland stinking it up on national television?

By all means if it is good enough for Carlton it is plenty good enough for the Browns!

Still seem to be missing the point this isn't about YOU ;)

As for the redzone...Andrew is a Clevelander, so he admitted on radio that any chance he can get to sneak us on the channel he will. :p

Last edited:
With this the second draw under a South Australian CEO, hopefully it will be more equitable for everyone.

We deserve a break, a heap of Melbourne games would be really good. More Saturday night games, especially against the better sides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't the theater be Geelong playing Adelaide in Adelaide?

We haven't even got Tippett here yet, we'll never see Traitorfield again

EDIT: just realised, since we finished in the top six, we play the other top 5 twice. I think they finished 5th - which means we play them twice, which should mean a home and away game against them, which means we MAY FINALLY HAVE TIPPETT PLAY HERE AGAINST US

I will now start practicing my booing

Last edited:
West Coast in Perth. Bookmark it.

Capture.PNG

I did this for fun. Light blue is a home game. From 25 seasons we've:
- started at home 13 times (Bulldogs 3, Bombers 2, Hawthorn 2, Carlton 1, Swans 1, Lions 1, Dockers 1, Eagles 1, Kangaroos 1)
- started away 12 times (Bulldogs 2, Collingwood 2, Kangaroos 2, Tigers 1, Swans 1, Dockers 1, Geelong 1, Suns 1, Carlton 1)
- finished at home 11 times (Saints 2, Kangaroos 2, Power 2, Collingwood 1, Tigers 1, Demons 1, Bulldogs 1, Suns 1)
- finished away 14 times (Eagles 4, Dockers 2, Collingwood 2, Hawthorn 1, Power 1, Carlton 1, Geelong 1)

Looks like we are the go-to guys for that final round trip West - we've done it 6 times in 25 seasons, when we should have done it probably once. Once, is that right? Seventeen other teams to play against, there's two in Perth so it's about a 2/17 chance we get to play them, then you halve it because it could be home or away, so it's 1/17, from 25 years is once and maybe twice - irregardless of team.

EDIT: just realised, since we finished in the top six, we play the other top 5 twice. I think they finished 5th - which means we play them twice, which should mean a home and away game against them, which means we MAY FINALLY HAVE TIPPETT PLAY HERE AGAINST US

It doesn't quite work like that. Of the 5 teams we play twice, 2 or 3 will be from the top 6, 1 or 2 from the middle 6, and 1 or 0 from the bottom 6.

No chance. We will get Geelong in the first 4 weeks at Adelaide oval. we only just played the at SS (played them there 2 years in a row)
2 years in a row? Big deal, when was the last time we played Carlton in Adelaide...

View attachment 185430

I did this for fun. Light blue is a home game. From 25 seasons we've:
- started at home 13 times (Bulldogs 3, Bombers 2, Hawthorn 2, Carlton 1, Swans 1, Lions 1, Dockers 1, Eagles 1, Kangaroos 1)
- started away 12 times (Bulldogs 2, Collingwood 2, Kangaroos 2, Tigers 1, Swans 1, Dockers 1, Geelong 1, Suns 1, Carlton 1)
- finished at home 11 times (Saints 2, Kangaroos 2, Power 2, Collingwood 1, Tigers 1, Demons 1, Bulldogs 1, Suns 1)
- finished away 14 times (Eagles 4, Dockers 2, Collingwood 2, Hawthorn 1, Power 1, Carlton 1, Geelong 1)

Looks like we are the go-to guys for that final round trip West - we've done it 6 times in 25 seasons, when we should have done it probably once. Once, is that right? Seventeen other teams to play against, there's two in Perth so it's about a 2/17 chance we get to play them, then you halve it because it could be home or away, so it's 1/17, from 25 years is once and maybe twice - irregardless of team.

It was a very deliberate decision to limit the amount of traveling teams do in the final week. Adelaide to Perth is the shortest trip to Perth so we alternated with Port for a while.

* Carlton and Essendon at home (haven't played either team at Adelaide Oval)
* Home showdown on Sat night
* Avoid trip to Perth round 1
* Minimum of 2 games @ MCG and 5-6 in Melbourne
* ANZAC weekend @ Adelaide Oval (don't see why the Power should have the mortgage on it)

* Carlton and Essendon at home (haven't played either team at Adelaide Oval)
* Home showdown on Sat night
* Avoid trip to Perth round 1
* Minimum of 2 games @ MCG and 5-6 in Melbourne
* ANZAC weekend @ Adelaide Oval (don't see why the Power should have the mortgage on it)
Couldn't agree more.
Though, I could tolerate them doing it ahead of Collingwood in it.

Collingwood, Richmond, Carlton and Fitzroy (So in extent, Brisbane) should all be disqualified from hosting ANZAC games EVER due to their history during World War 1.

In the 1916 season the clubs were fundraising for the war effort.

Adjusted for inflation, this is what the clubs 'fundraised', but actually gave to the State War Council
Fitzroy -- $87,231 raised, $14,444 donated
Collingwood - $63,095 raised, $3,801 donated
Richmond - $58,344 raised, $8,552 donated
Carlton - $84,000 raised, $0 donated

It sickens me that a club like Collingwood pocketed such a large amount of charity for themselves.
I need to go looking around and see if the same happened at Port Adelaide during the war years too. But finding that history is harder.

Couldn't agree more.
Though, I could tolerate them doing it ahead of Collingwood in it.

Collingwood, Richmond, Carlton and Fitzroy (So in extent, Brisbane) should all be disqualified from hosting ANZAC games EVER due to their history during World War 1.

In the 1916 season the clubs were fundraising for the war effort.

Adjusted for inflation, this is what the clubs 'fundraised', but actually gave to the State War Council
Fitzroy -- $87,231 raised, $14,444 donated
Collingwood - $63,095 raised, $3,801 donated
Richmond - $58,344 raised, $8,552 donated
Carlton - $84,000 raised, $0 donated

It sickens me that a club like Collingwood pocketed such a large amount of charity for themselves.
I need to go looking around and see if the same happened at Port Adelaide during the war years too. But finding that history is harder.

Disgusting!

Carlton, $0 - why am I not surprised?

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 AFL Fixture Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back