2016 Draft Thread - The Rebuild Begins

If available, which player do you want us to select at pick 7?

• Sam Petrevski-Seton

Votes: 123 45.6%
  • Tim English

Votes: 50 18.5%
  • Ben Ainsworth

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Tim Taranto

Votes: 27 10.0%
  • Griffin Logue

Votes: 43 15.9%
  • Todd Marshall

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Jack Scrimshaw

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Josh Rotham

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Oliver Florent

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Cedric Cox

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 2.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless we got in his ear and told him we'd give him $x if he refused to sign the offer from Geelong, so we can get him in the PSD.
Not an expert in this stuff by any means but I wouldn't have delisted both Barlow and Silvagni (and left Clarke unsigned) unless I had my eye on someone in the PSD, OR I wanted to run the list short to save my pennies.
Clarke wanted 3 year i think freo prefer two , after make the mistake signing suban for four year.

Clarke wanted 3 year i think freo prefer two , after make the mistake signing suban for four year.
Well yeah, I think Clarke's management would know they have us by the knackers. I'm certainly not a fan of Clarke, but you almost have to sign him now given the lack of a better option. As much as I love him, Griff is cooked and Sandi has 1-2 left absolute tops.

Well yeah, I think Clarke's management would know they have us by the knackers. I'm certainly not a fan of Clarke, but you almost have to sign him now given the lack of a better option. As much as I love him, Griff is cooked and Sandi has 1-2 left absolute tops.
Zac dont deserved a three year contract , if his knee can only manage then freo stuck with him for three years , his attitude will be like mitch clark just sit there and collect money . Neale , fyfe type deserve contract more that 2 years but not zac clarke sending wrong messenge to the kids.

If Clarke is trying to bend us over, then send him to the PSD and we can offer Stanley his contract. 2 yrs is fair, especially after he only signed for 1 year this time last year so that he could be a free agent.

If he had taken the weagles deal maybe he would of got us pick 24. Or maybe there was no good deals and thats why he is trying get 3 years cos hes worried this contract will be his last.

Do we really want him to become our no.1 ruck?

Instead of thinking not signing clarke for three our ruck stock is bad , why not think like cam mac deal, some young kids step up or ross create something creative in his game plan.

Isnt it one of the match this year ross play dawson forward?
In Pav's 350th against the Swans Dawson played as the ruck/forward iirc. The whole team didn't work that day so can't really judge on an individual basis.

Just thinking about that game makes me cringe. That 1st qtr we just couldn't clear the ball out of the backline. A miracle we were down by 60pts within the first 15mins.

Mundy absolutely beasted that game. I hope he gets back to his best, whether he's captain or not it would be sad for him to finish on a low note.

In this rebuild if english and sps available , i still think sps is the man with dual , ball movement is still the better choice than centre bounce and stoppage ruck for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect we've been looking at Litherland for a while. Pre trade period I thought we'd grab him but now I'm not so sure. Be interesting to see what happens with Chris Yarran as well.

I would like to recruit Litherland as a DFA 24yr old 192cm defender who is quick and can play on short or tall.
Yet was delisted from Hawthorn after struggling to get games over 5 seasons. Gibson and Burgoyne are over 30. You would think if Litherland was any good the Hawks would be grooming him for their spots. Pass.

Yet was delisted from Hawthorn after struggling to get games over 5 seasons. Gibson and Burgoyne are over 30. You would think if Litherland was any good the Hawks would be grooming him for their spots. Pass.
Has struggled to break into the team competing with, Hodge, Duryea, Birchall, Burgoyne, Schoenmakers, Gibson, Frawley & Stratton who are all still under contract. Will be picked up by another AFL club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back