2016 Draft Thread - The Rebuild Begins

If available, which player do you want us to select at pick 7?

• Sam Petrevski-Seton

Votes: 123 45.6%
  • Tim English

Votes: 50 18.5%
  • Ben Ainsworth

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Tim Taranto

Votes: 27 10.0%
  • Griffin Logue

Votes: 43 15.9%
  • Todd Marshall

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Jack Scrimshaw

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Josh Rotham

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Oliver Florent

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Cedric Cox

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 2.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we were looking at Litherland I don't understand why he wasn't part of the Hill trade. I'll be surprised if he's on our list next year tbh. If Hughes or Nyhuis develop enough they'll offer more in 2-3 years IMO. Litherland just isn't that good and only takes games away from youngsters with higher potential.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I watched Lee that day, he was superb. Just because he hasn't followed through with it doesn't detract from how good he actually looked that day.

Mind you though, Dawson has never given a crap when it comes to pre-season form - he seems to only take it seriously when playing live AFL games, it may have contributed to making Lee look better on that day

Then St Kilda traded pick #12 for him as a previously listed player rule from the Giants.
In fairness, 12 for Lee, 24 and 45: Pick 60 in points. Still, 12 is a higher draft pick than I'd want to be giving up in a deal for a previously delisted player. (Points presumably include some percentage probability for getting a star at whatever pick, wheres a second-time-arounder has to have a lower high ceiling probability.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If freo go for logue please bypass Litherland , with pre season i am sure logue will easily go pass litherland.

Love this time of year... let's pick up player that isn't in the top 35 players at another club... not a good strategy in a rebuild. List clogged springs to mind.
Well yes and no. For instance we just paid the equivalent of pick 30 for a player in exactly that position at Geelong two years ago.

Well yes and no. For instance we just paid the equivalent of pick 30 for a player in exactly that position at Geelong two years ago.
So far what is the sucess rate of freo taking delisted player and become somebody like hamling ?

Pick 35. Hamling is in the Bulldogs best 30 and It's the other 50 or so delistings since then.
Also hamling delisted around age 21 by geelong and had a good year with bulldog after that compare to Litherland.

Don't really understand the Xavier Richards situation, I rated the games I saw him play this year. Imagine he will end up somewhere in the Pre season draft.

This guy look promising than goddard, stradica or darcy cameron in his testing.
I know freo got apeness but really dont mind another player throwing himself at every contest.
* Edit : cut and paste from here http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/id/17782536/knightmare-afl-draft-combine-analysis
One of the most interesting players in this year's draft is Esava Ratugolea, a 194cm, 95kg key forward and relieving ruckman, who tested well. He finished second in the standing vertical jump, third in the running vertical jump (left foot) and also inside the top 10 in the running vertical jump (right foot) and 20m sprint. Ratugolea is thought to be of interest to clubs in the latter half of the draft with his raw athleticism and the application he shows on the field, throwing himself at every contest something that some may view as mouldable.

Last edited:
This guy look promising than goddard, stradica or darcy cameron in his testing.
I know freo got apeness but really dont mind another player throwing himself at every contest.

One of the most interesting players in this year's draft is Esava Ratugolea, a 194cm, 95kg key forward and relieving ruckman, who tested well. He finished second in the standing vertical jump, third in the running vertical jump (left foot) and also inside the top 10 in the running vertical jump (right foot) and 20m sprint. Ratugolea is thought to be of interest to clubs in the latter half of the draft with his raw athleticism and the application he shows on the field, throwing himself at every contest something that some may view as mouldable.

He's a bit short for a ruckman. Bulky kid, with big hair and a full on attitude but appeared to be very new to the game, if he's the kid I saw playing for Vic Country.

Found this. Anyone who models himself on Matthew Pavlich is alright in my book.
http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-3020-0-0-0&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=45510378

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back