2016 Draft Thread - The Rebuild Begins

If available, which player do you want us to select at pick 7?

• Sam Petrevski-Seton

Votes: 123 45.6%
  • Tim English

Votes: 50 18.5%
  • Ben Ainsworth

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Tim Taranto

Votes: 27 10.0%
  • Griffin Logue

Votes: 43 15.9%
  • Todd Marshall

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Jack Scrimshaw

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Josh Rotham

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Oliver Florent

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Cedric Cox

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 2.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geez Will Setterfield would be a nice replacement for Mundy when he retires. Are we any chance at all?
GWS will match any bid, and bids are likely to come before our pick (which is one reason why GWS traded up in the first place, so they could get someone like McGrath and Setterfield).

Wouldn't it be great if Essendon decided they would like Setterfield above all other players? Then GWS would either have to match, and lose McGrath, or let him go, and make McCluggage available to Brisbane.

If we were looking at Litherland I don't understand why he wasn't part of the Hill trade. I'll be surprised if he's on our list next year tbh. If Hughes or Nyhuis develop enough they'll offer more in 2-3 years IMO. Litherland just isn't that good and only takes games away from youngsters with higher potential.
On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

You might be right. I spoke to one of his rellies between the 2015 & 2016 seasons, who said that if he couldn't crack into Hawthorn's firsts, he would look to return to WA (he's a West Coast supporter & I understand they would be his preference).

To me, he's a bit like Kersten insofar he's a '23rd man' in a strong team, who have good depth in his particular position (Frawley, Gibson, Burgoyne, Birchall, Stratton and Duryea). He's still young & to me would be a better late draft pick / rookie pick bet than someone like Brady Grey.

I guess Brad Guerra & David Hale will advise the club, if he's worth a spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So much this. I see him getting compared to Lobb but Lobb is a much better mark of the footy.

Exactly! Lobb is actually a pretty poor ruckman aswell (still young though) but his contested marking is exceptional! This makes him perfect as the ruck/forward role.

I don't see where English strength is because he's actually a poor ruckmen and mark. Does he turn in to a tall midfielder? Do we hope that his ruck work improves enough that his other strengths make him worth it?

So realistically what are the chances of SPS actually making it to our pick? and of he does would we take him or English? god please let it be SPS
Really really want SPS. Such class and skill which is exactly what we need

Exactly! Lobb is actually a pretty poor ruckman aswell (still young though) but his contested marking is exceptional! This makes him perfect as the ruck/forward role.

I don't see where English strength is because he's actually a poor ruckmen and mark. Does he turn in to a tall midfielder? Do we hope that his ruck work improves enough that his other strengths make him worth it?
Yep I rate English because of his cleaness in the contest but pick 7 is surely too much for him. If we had have turned our 7 Into a couple later Picks I would have been a lot keener on English, I think 7 is a reach at this point though.

Do we have any chance of drafting Marshall?

He should be around at our pick and he has a huge upside (having only played serious footy for a year).
Has good hands,kick and good speed. Some would say a reach at 7 and considering our newly acquired forward options maybe that is the case and we will pick the best available (if we rate him at 7 I think he would still be there)

GWS will match any bid, and bids are likely to come before our pick (which is one reason why GWS traded up in the first place, so they could get someone like McGrath and Setterfield).

Wouldn't it be great if Essendon decided they would like Setterfield above all other players? Then GWS would either have to match, and lose McGrath, or let him go, and make McCluggage available to Brisbane.

It would be great to see but let's face it .....they wipe their arses on picks that other clubs would take out for dinner, buy drinks and flowers for just hoping they get a kiss goodnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back