2016 Draft Thread - The Rebuild Begins

If available, which player do you want us to select at pick 7?

• Sam Petrevski-Seton

Votes: 123 45.6%
  • Tim English

Votes: 50 18.5%
  • Ben Ainsworth

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Tim Taranto

Votes: 27 10.0%
  • Griffin Logue

Votes: 43 15.9%
  • Todd Marshall

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Jack Scrimshaw

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Josh Rotham

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Oliver Florent

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Cedric Cox

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 2.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim is also 19 - a year older than other prospects, and has contested marking as his biggest weakness. He might play like a tall midfielder, but how useful he is comes down to how well he can fulfil the primary ruck role since that's why he'll be in the team. He's high risk, high reward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

English may not be the best player available at pick 7, but he may fill a hole that will be created when Sandi retires. May opinion is to only draft English if we don't re-sign Clarke. Otherwise go best available (SPS / Ainsworth / Taranto / Logue)

Sorry for the intrusion, just wanted your opinions on who you would rather at your first if both were available, SPS or English?

Just can't see picking english at 7 will work .

Peel will definitely got griffin /apeness or griffin / clarke combo in 2017 line up with either clarke or apeness miss out for freo best 22 for team balance . This not yet include new draftee one or two ruckmen add to the list playing peel senior or reserve.

Why would I be? Kreuzer is a very good player on the odd occasion he's actually fit.

Here is his average stats for this year. Only averaging 20 hit outs and 0.3 goals. Very average stats to waste pick 7 on considering the decent role playing ruckman you can get for peanuts. Would much rather get a gun midfielder then a slightly above average ruckman.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 5
Here is his average stats for this year. Only averaging 20 hit outs and 0.3 goals. Very average stats to waste pick 7 on considering the decent role playing ruckman you can get for peanuts. Would much rather get a gun midfielder then a slightly above average ruckman.
He injured a lot . Tall also slow to recover form after injuries.

He injured a lot . Tall also slow to recover form after injuries.

Heaps of Carlton supporters also have him starting in the forward line as there ruck/forward. He's a terrible forward and if he was such a good ruckman they would have him starting as the ruck.

Heaps of Carlton supporters also have him starting in the forward line as there ruck/forward. He's a terrible forward and if he was such a good ruckman they would have him starting as the ruck.
I dont rate him , but he is no spud

I dont rate him , but he is no spud

I don't think he's a spud either, but pick 7? Nah...

Also I think draft picks are overrated, but I would much rather take a chance on a SPS or Logue then a Kruezer, and Kruezer was FAR better then English at the same age.

Have you seen him play? Or more importantly did you see his games prior to his first major injury?

I don't think he's a spud either, but pick 7? Nah...

Also I think draft picks are overrated, but I would much rather take a chance on a SPS or Logue then a Kruezer, and Kruezer was FAR better then English at the same age.

I get you , but if english is less injury prone might be a risk worth take.

You got a tall mid with ability to ruck. A lot been said that he cant mark but this need to take into consideration that english play mid as junior not KPF or KPD only learn to ruck because he grow taller. If freo draft him he wont be mummy, nit nat type . Maybe his own type of style english style rucking. Ruckmen with good disposal skill is rare. As good as sandi as ruckmen he normally dispose the ball with hand rather a kick , this can slow down your ball movement if your teamate nearby is surrounded by opponent. A kick to forward line will be better if there is good option there .

I will still be disappointed if sps , ainsworth available freo pick english . But can see why freo take the risk.

Last edited:
Sorry for the intrusion, just wanted your opinions on who you would rather at your first if both were available, SPS or English?

Well SPS seems to be the fan favorite but English seems to be the most straightforward choice.

Also I doubt WC will have a chance at SPS due to the people with picks before you (NM and GC) and English just doesn't make sense (He'll take a few years to get profit out of and by then nic nat will be back).

Personally I'd prefer SPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back