List Mgmt. 2016 general list discussion and speculation (cont in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the point is that the higher our Rd1 pick becomes ( and it could be 8 atm) the easier it is to get value for by turning it into 2 late rd 1 picks.
Ie its easier to take 8 and get perhaps 17 and 20 than it is take 12 and do that same.
17 and 20 makes a Rd1 for Hendo a far easier statement to accept. (meaning 17 for Hendo and we keep 20).

GO Catters

I seen this 17 and 20 or 20 and 23 etc thrown around a bit... Just who will have picks like this... has there been interest in such splitting?
Is Gold Coast the only club with such picks?

I seen this 17 and 20 or 20 and 23 etc thrown around a bit... Just who will have picks like this... has there been interest in such splitting?
Wce will

Tonight illustrated that we will not trade for danger, it would be a futile exercise

Pressing needs are 3 mids, ruck, small back, small crumbing forward

Selwood, danger, Henderson fix half the gaps
Next gap is ruck

Kreuezer and leuenberger are on the market and are free

If we trade our first and second to the blues for Henderson and Menzel and bring in kreuzer the list has fewer holes

Let's wells bring in a third round gem

Correct. All clubs are onto this now. Once it gets past the top 15 does the order really matter that much

You also need to have the clubs with the picks. Who is going to have these magic picks this year.

Our best chance would be to upgrade pick 26 or so to low 20's for Hendo

Someone tell me im overreacting but I feel like our pathetic end to the season will drive Motlop to sign somewhere else and Dangerfield to stay with the crows or go to a different club now.

Someone tell me im overreacting but I feel like our pathetic end to the season will drive Motlop to sign somewhere else and Dangerfield to stay with the crows or go to a different club now.

Could do. Trick is you look at the midfields last night

Coll: Pendles, Swan, Crisp, Adams, Sidebottom, Greenwood, Grundy, De Goey
Gee: Selwood....................Guthrie, Blitz, Vardy, Cockatoo

The class gulf is jaw dropping. Have to try and remind the world that we actually need a midfield (Duncan, Caddy, Danger, SSelwood) to compete and the rest isn't that bad

You're overreacting.

O'Meara ?!?

The Magical Mystery Mid tour.... Id vote Omeara... for sure. Treloar might be obviously available... , a lot of competition... with his knees being suspect he may be available.

Would last night reinvigorate our ability to bring in a someone with knee issues hanging over the head.

I doubt many on the board would have an issue with either.

okAPPCN.gif

;)

A ruck would be amazing. Getting a bit tired of seeing our best mid in Selwood have to compete in the ruck at times.
Happened 3 or 4 times last night. Surely not a set play.
I think it is a set play and mid season it worked a few times.... selwwood/guthrie are nominated ruck and opposition don't realise and give free away (blocking them etc) or blitz goes 3rd up. I think opposition onto it now though and should be thrown out.

The class gulf is jaw dropping. Have to try and remind the world that we actually need a midfield (Duncan, Caddy, Danger, SSelwood) to compete and the rest isn't that bad

which premiership team was the last to have a non stacked midfield?

you need 10-12 midfielders these days
and a majority of these need to be able to kick a goal

Great post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A ruck would be amazing. Getting a bit tired of seeing our best mid in Selwood have to compete in the ruck at times.
Happened 3 or 4 times last night. Surely not a set play.
Strange also because we had two 'Athletes' as our ruckman, yet they couldn't get to the contests - strange scenario

Last edited:
The Magical Mystery Mid tour.... Id vote Omeara... for sure. Treloar might be obviously available... , a lot of competition... with his knees being suspect he may be available.

Would last night reinvigorate our ability to bring in a someone with knee issues hanging over the head.

I doubt many on the board would have an issue with either.
He's a terrific player, so surly they would take the opportunity to land such a young gifted player, if the opportunity arose.

On top of that our 3 highest paid players have had really really poor years

Hawkins, Selwood and Taylor are down at least 30% on their best output. Unfortunately that just can't happen with a team in transition
For a start, I'd have Hawkins playing out of the goal square every game and either leading in short bursts or just man-handling his opponent, not up on the wing or CHB; remember back in the old days when power forwards used to kick lots of goals doing that:eek:
Selwood is all class, but if he's getting heavily tagged and can't break it then play him forward or at halfback for a bit, be proactive and move him around.
Taylor is too creative to be locked down at CHB. I'd have him as the third or fourth man up in the contest, coming off a halfback flank.

Just my 2 cents

If Dawson Simpson gets the flick and HMAC already gone, surly we look to draft at least the most dominant ruck in the draft, or just the best traditional 200cm+ ruck who is most adapted to competing in the ruck for 75-80% of game time.

That's actually a really good point, because it's an attribute Scott loves. Athletes who can't get to contests. I'm sure Selwood appreciates it everytime he has to jump into a ruckman.
Be good if I could spell 'two' and 'athletes' to help make a point as well lol

On top of that our 3 highest paid players have had really really poor years

Hawkins, Selwood and Taylor are down at least 30% on their best output. Unfortunately that just can't happen with a team in transition

I'd pretty much agree with this. All three have had severe swings in their performance.

If Dawson Simpson gets the flick and HMAC already gone, surly we look to draft at least the most dominant ruck in the draft, or just the best traditional 200cm+ ruck who is most adapted to competing in the ruck for 75-80% of game time.
Our midfield must hate not knowing where the tap is going in every ruck contest, very hard to setup for the unknown.
Freo and West Coast midfielders must be salivating every time they have a ball up or throw in

Don't think there are many ruck options in the draft but I'm sure they'll be looking to bring one in from somewhere.

General confusion down back and in the middle resulted in a number of positioning errors. With Vardy on the bench or up forward, trying to "organise" third man ups had everyone guessing especially the players (ours).
I am pretty sure Bicavs didn't run out of puff or suddenly forget how to set for a traditional contest.

I haven't seen our players so unsure as what they were supposed to be doing or where they were supposed to be as last night. Even when they did win the ball the confusion seemed to persist and was made worse with some awful delivery thru the middle and up forward.

It was hard to watch it unfolding. Things that have been done for years, automatically, 50m ahead of the ball just didn't happen.

Our midfield must hate not knowing where the tap is going in every ruck contest, very hard to setup for the unknown.
Freo and West Coast midfielders must be salivating every time they have a ball up or throw in
Yeah for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back