2016 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Cont. in Part 2 (link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They knew...don't need to be a medical doctor or a chemist to understand something fishy is up.

even if they didn't know (they did), but even if they didn't how do they now say they believed it was all ok?

whatever they thought it was, they didn't think it was fair and proper if en masse they all decided to conceal it.

****ing Elsa from Frozen was more upfront. :D

But who will be captain now?

53697461.jpg

So the ryder suspension has prompted this comment?

Again totally irrelvant. Enjoy the celebrations while you can. We know how concerned you guys are about the PAFC. after all, your club exists to compete with it!

BTW tagging me in this thread brought me here.
I don't hate PAF, I supported them during their last finals campaign........but don't tell anyone on this board:).....A serious question........Why would clubs risk recruiting these players in exchange for draft picks that would only help to clean out Essendon????

It staggers me that St Kilda even considered using their first pick on Carlisle.
Did they get assurances from the AFL????

Exactly, so they knew they were taking at least something banned/not good...and can still argue that the club failed in its duty of care? I guess where I part ways with you a bit Nikki is that players knew something was up if not the entire picture.

And I think from memory there were some sensible players who refused to participate in the 'supplements' programme?? So some at least suspected it was dodgy IIRC?

I don't think they were ever going to play Ryder, Lobbe and Dixon in the same side, this just changed their decision from Lobbe playing SANFL to no Ryder. Knowing port they will get these players salary removed from the cap and the AFL will take pitty on them, so they now have an extra $1mil to sign up guys like Wines and front load some contracts.

Dixon can ruck if Lobbe goes down, but they would be regretting big time that they didn't rookie list Redden.

14 clubs will not allow that to happen.

We didn't get to wipe Walker's salary off our cap and use it to sign up Danger when he did his knee. Ryder and Monfries salary will stay in Port's cap.

They took blood tests before starting for no apparant other reason than it was TB 4
They failed to disclose the injections on their doping forms
They kept it secret
No records were kept
The benefits Dank was ascribing to the program could only come from the B4 version of Thymosin and not the benign versions such as Alpha
Number of texts and communications between Dank Hird and Players
Alavi compunded the subsntance. Dank got vials from Alavi.

The circusmstnatial evidence is enough for comfortable satisfaction in my view. Really hard on the players but they should have disclosed the injections.

Hird, Dank and Robinson stand condemmed. Reid slgihtly better but essnetially did nothing despite his concerns.

Feel sorry for Port to be honest but I guess they new Ryder was a risk and he is covered for a year anyway.

Last edited:
It ain't just a river in Egypt...
Typical Hird still in denial anything wrong was being done.

Just not man enough to fess up.

Living in another world...

Having said all that...if one of these young lads needs some out of town representation I am fully prepared to explain long and loud how my innocent sweet naïve player was unconscionably used as a pawn in a tangled web of deceit. The poor lad was sucked up in a vortex of vile activity that he couldn't possibly have been expected to discover or ascertain.

(Seems to me I need a boat in Adelaide, no?) :p

even if they didn't know (they did), but even if they didn't how do they now say they believed it was all ok?

whatever they thought it was, they didn't think it was fair and proper if en masse they all decided to conceal it.

******* Elsa from Frozen was more upfront. :D

Interviews exist in 2013 of Watson admitting he thought something was fishy throughout the program but failed to say anything. That alone is damning and probably didn't help their cause. Signifies how amateurish the players, lawyers, media and the AFL were. I truly think many of them just thought it would blow over. Tell a few bullshit stories, the AFL will do a little crappy investigation and that would be it. ASADA caught them all off guard and that sent Hird off on his little missions to try and destroy the investigation. The AFL still tried to kill it softly last year with its poorly attempted tribunal that let the players off. This only provoked the big dog (WADA) into action which again caught the AFL world off guard accept any one that follows WADA like myself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://aflfeeds.com/article/afl-essendon-pleads-guilty-to-risking-players-health-with-supplements

ESSENDON players who complained about the disastrous supplements program were told by club hierarchy to keep it secret.

Player's from the club's leadership group complained about the program in January 2012, concerned about the substances they were being injected through a program run by Stephen Dank and Dean Robinson.

In response the club drafted guidelines that included medical staff oversight and consent forms for players — but told them to keep it a secret. The guidelines were ignored and players continued to be injected with supplements without the approval of club medical staff.

Ross Ray QC today told the Melbourne Magistrates Court players were instructed to keep the program a secret by club leaders including James Hird "to maintain Essendon's competitive advantage".

the Golden Tird should be banned from Windy Hill for life.

Port Power
St Kilda
Melbourne
Western Bulldogs

You knew the risk when you recuiters these players; you get what you deserve and do not deserve any compensation.

Caveat Emptor - "let the buyer beware".

I don't hate PAF, I supported them during their last finals campaign........but don't tell anyone on this board:).....A serious question........Why would clubs risk recruiting these players in exchange for draft picks that would only help to clean out Essendon????

It staggers me that St Kilda even considered using their first pick on Carlisle.
Did they get assurances from the AFL????
Essendon got Francis at pick 5 plus Bird for Carlisle ......very fortunate timing for Essendon, not so for St Kilda

VERSATILE big man Jake Carlisle has finally made his way to St Kilda after a breakthrough in negotiations with Essendon.

The Bombers secured St Kilda's prized No.5 draft pick, as well as Sydney Swans midfielder Craig Bird, after a three-club trade.

I think its bs that some Clubs get to play the Dons twice this year now. The AFL needs to correct this otherwise it is farcical, one solution could be that if you play the Dons twice you cannot win 4 premiership points in the second game.

Unfair that Clubs benefit from the Dons drug use.

Feel sorry for Bulldogs, as it has affected their coaching staff for 2016
The Western Bulldogs, who brought former Essendon forward Stewart Crameri into their club in the 2013 trade period, also have former Bomber Brent Prismall as part of their 2016 coaching staff. The club released a statement moments ago.

Port Power
St Kilda
Melbourne
Western Bulldogs

You knew the risk when you recuiters these players; you get what you deserve and do not deserve any compensation.

Caveat Emptor - "let the buyer beware".
Yes - think Dean Bailey sets a precedent. We had *no* idea he would be done for tanking, and had no compensation/sympathy of any sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back