List Mgmt. 2016 Trade and Free Agency Targets Part 1

Who do you hope we target?

• Daniel Rich - Brisbane Lions (Free Agent)

Votes: 21 7.5%
  • Jaeger O'Meara - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 112 40.1%
  • Dion Prestia - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 53 19.0%
  • Tom Lynch - Gold Coast Suns(Trade)

Votes: 24 8.6%
  • Ollie Wines - Port (Trade)

Votes: 55 19.7%
  • Other

Votes: 65 23.3%
  • Peter Wright - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 23 8.2%
  • Tom Rockliff

Votes: 15 5.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If we were to snaffle Hurley, it would be fascinating to compare the long term success of a team like ours with a plethora of talls vs a team like the Dogs with a plethora of mids.
They'd win every time because you can't cover up an average midfield. Only way we win is if we add some quality mids to go along with our talls. We've still got time though.

Who are say the top 5 prospects for this years draft? We need a real polished outside mid with pace in my opinion.

Im not a massive fan of derm brereton myself but i reckon he is right in his opinion saying we have "plenty of troopers an tuff inside mids, but not so many top end outside mids that use the footy well".

Im hoping we are targeting Lachie Whitfield heavily, he would be a perfect get. Or/Also another player with run and flare with our first draft pick this year, which i presume will be in the top 10

Who are say the top 5 prospects for this years draft? We need a real polished outside mid with pace in my opinion.

Im not a massive fan of derm brereton myself but i reckon he is right in his opinion saying we have "plenty of troopers an tuff inside mids, but not so many top end outside mids that use the footy well".

Im hoping we are targeting Lachie Whitfield heavily, he would be a perfect get. Or/Also another player with run and flare with our first draft pick this year, which i presume will be in the top 10
I think you are spot on mate. O'Meara and Whitfield would be our main targets this year, if not I think we'll take our first pick (which I expect to be top 6) to the draft and get the best outside mid available. Pretevski- Seton from WA sounds ideal (although many on this board think we can't afford another 180cm mid) although I doubt he makes it to our pick if we finish above Carlton and Essendon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you are spot on mate. O'Meara and Whitfield would be our main targets this year, if not I think we'll take our first pick (which I expect to be top 6) to the draft and get the best outside mid available. Pretevski- Seton from WA sounds ideal (although many on this board think we can't afford another 180cm mid) although I doubt he makes it to our pick if we finish above Carlton and Essendon.
Omeara (with his knee in good condition) or Whitfield would be a dream come true, but would cost atleast our first pick. If neither of them 2 eventuate i think we need to take it to the draft an add a player with speed, flare and The ability to break lines and outrun opponents . A player like cyril, jetta, the hill brothers. I think that is what we are lacking badly. If freeman gets up and running he maybe one of that type im hoping

If Hurley does decide to go you would think the dogs would try and chase him after we thought Carlisle might have gone there last year due to their quick change in fortunes.

i dont think ether club could afford him.

Well it depends. If Cloke was to retire or Swan then they would do it easily. That's why the hawks have been able to get players in because they retire or let go players on a very good wage. More reason to be pissed off on how we dealt with the SC back in the 2000's.

Well it depends. If Cloke was to retire or Swan then they would do it easily. That's why the hawks have been able to get players in because they retire or let go players on a very good wage. More reason to be pissed off on how we dealt with the SC back in the 2000's.
realistically are either retiring in the next 12 months? Yeah 100% agree about our salary cap management in the 2000's but this time around we are set for many a year... as long as Ameet remains in charge of it.

realistically are either retiring in the next 12 months? Yeah 100% agree about our salary cap management in the 2000's but this time around we are set for many a year... as long as Ameet remains in charge of it.

If they could get a champion the decision could be made for them especially with Swan. I reckon he would be happy playing at Jacana next season. And I'm sure others could do the job if Ameet did leave. We just got the wrong people to do it previously especially Matthew Drain.

The thing is, if we fork out the money he'll be asking, what does that leave for the mids that we desperately need? Carlisle wouldn't have been cheap, Bruce will be chasing a decent contract. I know we have plenty in the bank now but in a few years guys like Billings and Paddy will be asking big money.

I'd love Hurley but I'm not sure he should be a huge priority.

People need to forget Hurley. He will not even be on our radar. We will be chasing midfielders hard (and trying to lock Bruce away).

Coach is happy with Carlisle-Godddard-Roberton-Webster defence and Bruce-McCartin fwd line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back