2016 Trade/FA discussion (no hypothetical trades)

Remove this Banner Ad

No I don't think he'd be worth anything, would be amenable to moving to Brisbane and could actually offer something for not very much cost.

It may come down to how the club views Josh Walker. We have a few areas that need consolidating on our list. An older KPF, an older KPD and a viable ruck alternative are just some of the areas in question. Walker at least provides an option in the ruck to Martin a chop out. If Cloke was to play 4 or 5 good games in defence for the Pies or their reggies, he may find his currency inflate quite nicely.

Why do you Geelong supporters want to hurt Adelaide so much? Wasn't last year enough?

No issues at all with Adelaide..they have issues with us. They got R1, R2 and a handy kid for a FA ..and some still not happy!! ..anyway.. your board lets not go there. Brisbane and Geelong seem to have a relationship of sorts.. we have several coaches..you have several players.

No I don't think he'd be worth anything, would be amenable to moving to Brisbane and could actually offer something in terms of improving your team/helping Schache develop for not very much cost.

Yes... there's merit in that, Cloke having already helped Schache, just rekindle the friendship..probably a trade for a "homesick Vic"..... I see Victoria has extended its border s to include the Adelaide suburb, Norwood.

No issues at all with Adelaide..they have issues with us. The got R1, R2 and a handy kid for a FA ..and some still not happy!! ..anyway.. you board lets not go there. Brisbane and Geelong seem to have a relationship of sorts.. we have several coaches..you have several players.

What will our 2nd or 3rd round pick be netting us from your club this season?

3 year contract, so till 2018. Hipwood has probably looked a better defender than forward, but the club seems keen on making him a key forward.
Is Hipwood playing as a forward in the 2's? He looked like he was going to be a gun CHB in 5 years time, forward doesn't seem to make much sense from what I've seen of him

Well I'll tell you around Draft time what your R3 will get us... as we have it already.
R2... I don't know..going on past players a guy who comes in late and plays well but is probably 20-26 on the list. Smedts?

Trade you Walker and Jansen for a second rounder?

Is Hipwood playing as a forward in the 2's? He looked like he was going to be a gun CHB in 5 years time, forward doesn't seem to make much sense from what I've seen of him

Started the season down back, but played his last four or so games up forward. Had one good game up forward, but admittedly our reserves team is rubbish. We mentioned at draft time we saw him as a future key forward though.

Crows players going to other clubs tend to play really well.
Vince, Danger, Tippett, Davis, Gunston, Kerridge, Wright......
I can understand Brisbane looking at JJ, and who knows what the real offer is or isnt, or even if one has been made.
Thinking out of the box about a trade (yeah I know its all BS until trade week but its always fun looking at trades etc). What would you say about Jenkins and our first rounder for Mayes and your first rounder (thats if we stay in the same spot on the ladder)?

I can understand Brisbane looking at JJ, and who knows what the real offer is or isnt, or even if one has been made.
Thinking out of the box about a trade (yeah I know its all BS until trade week but its always fun looking at trades etc). What would you say about Jenkins and our first rounder for Mayes and your first rounder (thats if we stay in the same spot on the ladder)?

Yeah nah 2nd rounder for Jenkinsor we'll take him in the PSD, lube up.

Oh, and we'll take Lyons and CEY for Mayes please

#Lionstoostrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats lucky. Thought you might have wanted Sloane and Talia thrown in as well.

Was going to bring up the Sloane talia for Merrett trade later but may as well do that now

Would also ask for Walker but Merrett doesn't wash his hands which has tanked his trade value

Just my opinion, but a bottom of the table team is not going to give up a top 3 draft pick lightly. Jenkins while a good player isn't worth a top 5 pick, even with some juggling of later picks.

I think the best we'd offer is something like Sam Mayes and then once some negotiating takes place we throw in our 2nd rd pick (~20).

You probably won't like it, but do I have little doubt Mayes will come good once he goes home (all our other players have).

Just my opinion, but a bottom of the table team is not going to give up a top 3 draft pick lightly. Jenkins while a good player isn't worth a top 5 pick, even with some juggling of later picks.

I think the best we'd offer is something like Sam Mayes and then once some negotiating takes place we throw in our 2nd rd pick (~20).

You probably won't like it, but do I have little doubt Mayes will come good once he goes home (all our other players have).
Karnezis and Longer being the exceptions

Reckon it's his manager just putting it out to the Media to up his $$$ with Adelaide. Supposedly has a four year deal in front of him already so it can't be contract length. Manager reads/hears Swann say that we are on the lookout for a KPF to help out Schache and makes up story.

Now if it is true I reckon the club is panicking and that's not a good thing. There has been a case study with how to add talent with GWS and Suns. GWS went for younger talent and Suns with older talent and look how that has panned out.

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 Trade/FA discussion (no hypothetical trades)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back