Mega Thread 2016 Trade/Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
if he tells you to get stuffed you'll take what you can get.

Don't think so, RIB......he's a pretty decent sort of bloke, so there'll be no telling anyone to get stuffed. He wants to go home for family and he wants the Suns to be fairly compensated. The 2 Clubs will work something out.
No one wants him to go to the PSD.....

Just an observation, and an opinion, but I don't think The Suns would take 15 for Prestia.

If you take 15 to the Draft, what would you get? An untried 18yo with a fair amount of talent.

But the expectation is that The Suns will take 15 for a soon to be 24yo with 95 AFL games under his belt, a little injury prone admittedly, and who himself was a Pick 9.
I can't see it happening, but stranger things have occurred in the past.
Cheers
Yes that's fair but in the end he is uncontracted too. Its still a 1st rounder, however I have no doubt both parties will give their own ambit claims in.

Why do we want all these GWS reserves players? We will pay through our noses for players that can't get a game at a club we're trying to catch.

Exactly I don't get why people want us to trade Lids for their fringe players. Why give them a walk up starter for players who can't make their team. With a good possibility being that they wont even be able to make it into our best 22.

Don't think so, RIB......he's a pretty decent sort of bloke, so there'll be no telling anyone to get stuffed. He wants to go home for family and he wants the Suns to be fairly compensated. The 2 Clubs will work something out.
No one wants him to go to the PSD.....
Ignore "The Roar Is Back". He's just desperate to get Prestia. Had posters of him on his wall growing up.

I'd take Mayne in front of Barlow , we don't exactly have a plethora or goal kickers , if he can stand a hff and kick his 2-3 a week , would be a real bonus . Bet he s never shared a forward line with a dual Coleman medalist before

Been sharing the fwd line with the Pav for a few years. I hear he goes alright.

Hurley and Astbury signing on the same day is interesting.
Would be very surprised if we weren't into Hurley in a big way.
Basically, Astbury getting 3 years means we have absolutely nothing else in the works for a KPD and makes me think that Travis Cloke will be coming to Richmond and Ben Griffiths will be our swing man. There is next to no chance that Elton will be retained past this season and with Chaplin retiring, we are very light for KPD.
Will be an interesting trade period to say the least.

Just an observation, and an opinion, but I don't think The Suns would take 15 for Prestia.

If you take 15 to the Draft, what would you get? An untried 18yo with a fair amount of talent.

But the expectation is that The Suns will take 15 for a soon to be 24yo with 95 AFL games under his belt, a little injury prone admittedly, and who himself was a Pick 9.
I can't see it happening, but stranger things have occurred in the past.
Cheers

What do Adelaide get for Patrick dangerfield but a pick 9 untried talent? Essendon for Melksham get 25, Aish for two picks in the 20's, Yarran former 6 for pick 19 etc... players rarely maintain their draft value and usually lose it.

Prestia is a very good player but 15 is about his worth. Treloar is the exception to the rule because of the dodgy deal Collingwood were trying to push through, GWS with our help had the Pies over a barrel. I don't see that with us and Prestia plus his injury problems also lessen his value.

Basically, Astbury getting 3 years means we have absolutely nothing else in the works for a KPD and makes me think that Travis Cloke will be coming to Richmond and Ben Griffiths will be our swing man. There is next to no chance that Elton will be retained past this season and with Chaplin retiring, we are very light for KPD.
He's contracted next year:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One example of getting it right . Could give you a silly amount more that haven't . The percentages are not good mate ...
Could you? Since we have finished near the bottom most of the time recently we haven't had many late first rounders.
We've probably stuffed up more early ones that late ones. Im going say bottom 1/3 of the first round counts as late.

Rioli #15 - Good so far
Elton #26 - Bad but really only a technicality it was the first round because of Gold coast.
Rance #18 - The = best
Reiwoldt #13 - The = best
Myer #12 - Oh boy
Pattinson #16 - Uhhhh

And thats it actually. Our strike rate is actually superb for the last 11 years. 2 absolute guns, 1 future star for real late first rounders. Lets downgrade our pick 6 to two late firsts.

Disagree, as why cant we get another KPD and just use Grimes as a smaller defender, which is actually his best spot. having Rance be the 3rd tall is a great idea if we could also get another good tall defender. It also doesn't mean we cant get a KPD draftee.

What do Adelaide get for Patrick dangerfield but a pick 9 untried talent? Essendon for Melksham get 25, Aish for two picks in the 20's, Yarran former 6 for pick 19 etc... players rarely maintain their draft value and usually lose it.

Prestia is a very good player but 15 is about his worth. Treloar is the exception to the rule because of the dodgy deal Collingwood were trying to push through, GWS with our help had the Pies over a barrel. I don't see that with us and Prestia plus his injury problems also lessen his value.

I see where you're coming from. I just don't think #15 on its own will swing it, but that's just my opinion. Maybe some to-ing and fro-ing with later picks. Time will tell.
Cheers

Disagree, as why cant we get another KPD and just use Grimes as a smaller defender, which is actually his best spot. having Rance be the 3rd tall is a great idea if we could also get another good tall defender. It also doesn't mean we cant get a KPD draftee.

Yeah we can definitely get a draftee, no doubt. Young KPD as cover doesn't exactly fill me with confidence down back though.

The Australian reporting we will make a play for Cloke. You get the feeling they know Ty is leaving via FA.
Don't know what I think about this. It could be a master stroke or an absolute disaster. If he doesn't demand a huge salary worth a shot I think.
If we do get Cloke it's a sign of intent. It's finals or bust for Hardwick and Co.
Bare in mind that our best players are in the peak of their career , good strategy would have it that we should be complimenting that group. Cloke will help buy some time whilst younger kpp continue to develop.

Sen reported Cloke to tiges done deal- flick me- appears Hartley swung the deal a week ago-do these clowns have any idea? No membership for me next year if this happens (30 year member)
So you were ok with any number of duds that have come through the doors over the years , then a celebrated son of a premiership player who gives his all turns up and you spit the dummy , gimme a break

I see where you're coming from. I just don't think #15 on its own will swing it, but that's just my opinion. Maybe some to-ing and fro-ing with later picks. Time will tell.
Cheers

Dw what others say, you're spot on. 15 wont get it done, you wont accept it and nor should you. 15 with a player might be an option but not 15 on its own. Imo 6 for prestia is overs so i wouldnt be surprised if there are a few more moving parts in the deal.

Brandon Ellis on on hand has played good enough footy to make the AA squad and has played over 20 games in 5/5 seasons.
Patton on the other hand has 3/5 of his seasons with 7 games or less due to injuries and has kicked 23 goals in 19 games.
Vickerys kicked more goals in less games.
Ellis has been found out. Any game where the opposition puts time and effort into him he disappears, this year he'd gone one better and he now gets cheap touches and in the back half and kills us. I sometimes wonder if you actually watch all the players you rush to white knight?

he is contracted for next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back