Mega Thread 2016 Trade/Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ellis has been found out. Any game where the opposition puts time and effort into him he disappears, this year he'd gone one better and he now gets cheap touches and in the back half and kills us. I sometimes wonder if you actually watch all the players you rush to white knight?
I watch every game, so I watch every player that plays.
Hes an uncontested link up player, of course he gets shut down when he gets tagged. Btw why do you think he gets tagged? Probably because without him we struggle to move the ball well.

I watch every game, so I watch every player that plays.
Hes an uncontested link up player, of course he gets shut down when he gets tagged. Btw why do you think he gets tagged? Probably because without him we struggle to move the ball well.
He gets tagged because he's susceptible to it, he plays also plays a key role as our openside get out option. Now that teams know he lacks composure they generally just sweat on him and watch him run to the boundary and handball back to a stationary teammate. Add to that, he can't tackle and he can't win a contested groundball, can't convert his shots on goal and isn't a damaging kick.

What do Adelaide get for Patrick dangerfield but a pick 9 untried talent? Essendon for Melksham get 25, Aish for two picks in the 20's, Yarran former 6 for pick 19 etc... players rarely maintain their draft value and usually lose it.

Prestia is a very good player but 15 is about his worth. Treloar is the exception to the rule because of the dodgy deal Collingwood were trying to push through, GWS with our help had the Pies over a barrel. I don't see that with us and Prestia plus his injury problems also lessen his value.

Not to mention Treloar is a gun. Not an ineffective accumulator like Prestia.

So you were ok with any number of duds that have come through the doors over the years , then a celebrated son of a premiership player who gives his all turns up and you spit the dummy , gimme a break

I owe no favours to a son of a player, its the worth they bring to the club, Cloke will bring zero to our club. who says he is going to give his all? I think he will be running around like a headless chook like he has over the last few years, actually he will be in it for the dough and if richmond are foolish they will pay some of his salary, if they are intelligent they will ask the scum to pay.

fyi I am not ok with the duds that have come over, that is the problem cowboy our recruiters are clueless and they want to make another clueless decsion like this, but hey if you are ok with that that just adds to our mediocrity which you seem to have a lot of

I owe no favours to a son of a player, its the worth they bring to the club, Cloke will bring zero to our club. who says he is going to give his all? I think he will be running around like a headless chook like he has over the last few years, actually he will be in it for the dough and if richmond are foolish they will pay some of his salary, if they are intelligent they will ask the scum to pay.

fyi I am not ok with the duds that have come over, that is the problem cowboy our recruiters are clueless and they want to make another clueless decsion like this, but hey if you are ok with that that just adds to our mediocrity which you seem to have a lot of

What has made you think he won't bring it all if he was to come to us? It's not as if he isn't a hard trainer.

You also say he is in it for the money... considering he isn't making much this year and most of it is performance based anyway, amd he hasn't actually signed a contract with us, what is the justification for saying he is only in it for the money?

I know it is only one game, but the way he decimated GWS at Spotless this season puts to bed 'running like a headless chook' and only wanting money. He worked his ass off and dominated.

Elton and McBean were drafted as forwards. Both are still well within that age bracket where they could all of a sudden turn it on next year.

McBean IMO competes much harder than Vickery but is let down but his skinny frame and lack of confidence. If I were in charge of his development my key focus would be on his strength and conditioning this off-season. I would also settle Elton back up forward and give him the opportunity to gain exposure in the AFL.
Link please.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.
TFS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's hope we push back better than we did with the Yarran deal.

You mean how we said from the start that we rated Yarran about 18-25 and agreed to find that pick. We got the required pick then Carlton demanded pick 12 and we stood firm on pick 19 until Carlton blinked? Like that kind of push back?

You mean how we said from the start that we rated Yarran about 18-25 and agreed to find that pick. We got the required pick then Carlton demanded pick 12 and we stood firm on pick 19 until Carlton blinked? Like that kind of push back?
2016-08-03-08-28-54--935760173.jpeg

exactly.. seriously some posters just want to take every opportunity to bag the club.

You mean how we said from the start that we rated Yarran about 18-25 and agreed to find that pick. We got the required pick then Carlton demanded pick and we stood firm on pick 19 until Carlton blinked? Like that kind of push back?

You're right. Push back was the wrong word. Putting the right value on the transaction rather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back