List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/Free Agency Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really though we did mess it up the year we drafted Lids. Terry the list manager...look at the picks we had and who we drafted. GWS did it smart. Gold Coast didnt. We didnt.

Prestia, Steele, Marchbank, Stewart, Daw

S.Edwards + 2017 first pick

For

Prestia + pick 8

Pick 8 + Cartlon pick 23 (Lennon)

For

Steele + Marchbank + Stewart + pick 52

Batchelor

For

Daw

Conca for pick 30 (West Coast)
Vickery for pick 25 (Compo)

Out: S.Edwards, Vickery, Lennon, Conca, Batchelor, Maric, Chaplin, McBean, Butler, A.Moore, McKenzie, Marcon

In: Prestia, Steele, Marchbank, Stewart, Daw, Short (upgrade), Pick 6, Pick 25, Pick 30, Pick 42, Pick 52, 2 rookies

Round 1 team
B: Grimes, Astbury, Marchbank
HB: Yarran, Rance, Houli
C: B.Ellis (attacking), Cotchin, McIntosh
HF: Deledio, Griffiths, Lloyd
F: Rioli, Riewoldt, Stewart
R: Hampson, Martin, Prestia
Int: Miles, C.Ellis, Grigg, Vlastuin, Steele, Menadue, Markov, Short, Daw, Drummond, Pick 6

Remaining:
Hunt, Townsend, Broad, Elton, Morris, Lambert, Pick 25, Pick 30, Pick 42, Pick 52, Chol, Castagna, Moore, Soldo, New Rookie 1 & 2.

IMO that would be a really good start to an ongoing build towards a premiership.

I think with our draft picks we should target 3 genuine midfielders, 1 KPD, 1 KPF, and just best young available rookies.

Like it. Now go and make it happen :thumbsu:

Found this on facebook ... very interesting read ... especially disposal efficiency

Did an interesting comparison last night, between our 3 main midfielders, Dusty, Cotch & Snip.
Martin had the most gametime with 1828mins from his 22 games. Next was Cotchin with 1632mins from his 20 games. Miles had 1418mins from his 19 games.
Compared Disposals, Contested Possessions, Clearances, Tackle numbers, Efficient Disposals, Goals, Clangers & Disposal Efficiency %.

Disposals.
Martin 684 @ 1 disposal every 2.7mins gametime.
Cotchin 539 @ 1 disposal every 3mins gametime.
Miles 432 @ 1 disposal every 3.3mins gametime.

Contested Possessions.
Martin 277 @ 1 CP every 6.6mins gametime.
Cotchin 243 @ 1 CP every 6.7mins gametime.
Miles 208 @ 1 CP every 6.8mins gametime.

Clearances.
Martin 114 @ 1 Clear. every 16mins gametime.
Cotchin 122 @ 1 Clear. every 13.4mins gametime.
Miles 92 @ 1 Clear. every 15.4mins gametime.

Tackles.
Martin 80 @ 1 tackle every 22.9mins gametime.
Cotchin 92 @ 1 tackle every 17.7mins gametime.
Miles 85 @ 1 tackle every 16.7mins gametime.

Efficient Disposals.
Martin 461 @ 1 ED every 3.96mins gametime.
Cotchin 367 @ 1 ED every 4.44mins gametime
Miles 316 @ 1 ED every 4.48mins gametime.

Goals.
Martin 9 @ 1gl every 203mins gametime.
Cotchin 10 @ 1gl every 163mins gametime.
Miles 10 @ 1gl every 142mins gametime.
Interestingly, take away Cotchin's 3 last qtr gls v Sydney & he would've been 1gl every 230mins.

Clangers.
Martin 113 @ 1 clanger every 16.2mins gametime.
Cotchin 75 @ 1 clanger every 21.8mins gametime.
Miles 44 @ 1 clanger every 32.2mins gametime.

Disposal Efficiency %.
Martin 67.4%
Cotchin 68.1%
Miles 73.1%

Interesting comparison I thought, considering so many celebrated both Martin & Cotchin's year, yet were quite critical of Miles year, including our coach?
Nice, but watching actual game, I'd imagine the difficulty in executing an accurate handball out the back of a stoppage to Dusty is far easier than Dusty trying to kick it forward and then to expect one of our forwards to get to advantage. Maybe add the metres gained stat to show the genuine worth of the possessions these guys are racking up, add in score assists too please.

the trade/draft board is awesome

pies fans getting shitty with anyone suggesting Witts isn't worth a first round pick

Pies fans spinning how awesome Mayne will be, and Maric, and Nicky Dal

Pies fans thinking they will get more than a wet fart for Cloke

Ok, time to try and be a little positive...

The team we roll out round 1 looks like being a hell of a lot better than what we rolled out in the last few weeks...

In: Prestia, Yarran, Deledio, McIntosh, Griffiths, C Ellis

Out: C Moore, Chol, A Moore, Elton, Hunt, Lambert

That's over 1/4 automatic improvement with only the Prestia deal needing to be done.

Now assuming that with Vickery, Conca and Lennon leaving we'll probably pick up a combo of players and picks our side could be 1/3 different.

That excites me. That has me hanging for the trade/draft period.

Ok, time to try and be a little positive...

The team we roll out round 1 looks like being a hell of a lot better than what we rolled out in the last few weeks...

In: Prestia, Yarran, Deledio, McIntosh, Griffiths, C Ellis

Out: C Moore, Chol, A Moore, Elton, Hunt, Lambert

That's over 1/4 automatic improvement with only the Prestia deal needing to be done.

Now assuming that with Vickery, Conca and Lennon leaving we'll probably pick up a combo of players and picks our side could be 1/3 different.

That excites me. That has me hanging for the trade/draft period.
And last year people where exicited by A Moore and Townshend?
We got Rioli.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the trade/draft board is awesome

pies fans getting shitty with anyone suggesting Witts isn't worth a first round pick

Pies fans spinning how awesome Mayne will be, and Maric, and Nicky Dal

Pies fans thinking they will get more than a wet fart for Cloke

Gets better, rumour board also has them chasing Harvey and Wells

Isn't this type of thinking got RFC in the dire straits it is in now

Bucks said he has one year to make finals. Basically doing what Hardwick did for three years - adding barely competent has beens from other lists that are marginally better than 1st and 2nd year players.

That way it looks like you've improved when you havent

Really though we did mess it up the year we drafted Lids. Terry the list manager...look at the picks we had and who we drafted. GWS did it smart. Gold Coast didnt. We didnt.
I get the point and somewhat agree but let's compare their best draft pick year and ours.
2004 draft we had

2011 GWS had
Even though 2004 was considered a mediocre year, if we had those picks in 2004 we would have got:
Deledio
Roughead
Buddy
Griffen
Lewis
As well as Monfries, Russell and Knights

Add in all those other top 5 picks they can GAGF

I really hope our club doesn't have the same attitude as some on the board have when it comes to GWS. If they do then we might as well board the place up now and save ourselves a heap of time and worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back