List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/Free Agency Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
haven't been as flat about richmond before as i am now. whats the point gws will dominate for the next decade. into a prelim and will have another 3/4 first rounders in this year they have the makings to dominate for 20 years trade a few every year bring in 3 gun first rounders. really we should probably trade everyone and get as many picks as possible. **** the afl for ruining this comp
Spot on. Yesterday was so depressing. I have been through some dark times with this football club, but never in my life have I felt as far away from a flag as I do right now. F*** it.

haven't been as flat about richmond before as i am now. whats the point gws will dominate for the next decade. into a prelim and will have another 3/4 first rounders in this year they have the makings to dominate for 20 years trade a few every year bring in 3 gun first rounders. really we should probably trade everyone and get as many picks as possible. **** the afl for ruining this comp
why do they have 3 or 4 more 1sts this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spare a thought for the Giants initial draft template: the Gold Coast Suns FC.
  • A historically bad location for sport attendance, interest and support particularly for AFL.
  • National Draft concessions have ultimately only led to 18 top 30 picks from 6 drafts (vs 28 from 5 drafts for GWS).
  • 4 seasons to get list to AFL standard list/salary ( vs GWS's 7 years)
  • And now, GC have 6 top 30 picks (most since their first draft in 2010) but AFL introduces new rule that means active picks will only reflect the available list spots, of which the Giants will have an additional 4 senior spots
Gold Coast will become the new Brisbane (who will become the new Fitzroy) while GWS establishes itself firmly in the top 4 for the next 10 years

why do they have 3 or 4 more 1sts this year?
Their pick, Pies pick and Geelongs pick. Then they get another if the trade out guys like Steele.

GWS cannibalizing the draft for another season. AFL house must be so delighted with the beast they've created

So much for an even competition

You're absolutely right, but clubs all agreed with the push into western sydney prior to it's inception.

The only President/club that ever attempts to try and stop the massive concessions they receive is Eddie. I don't like the bloke but he's the only one with the balls to try and get things changed.

* I would be making very very clear to Vickery,His manager & Hwaks that the offer needs to be a very very good offer otherwise we will be matching the offer and if he wants to get to the hawks and they want him they will need to trade for him which will cost their 1st round selection or Burton. So $600k or lose a pick or Burton - No Bargains here

*Marchbank & Steele should be our priority here even before Prestia, I know we were really into Steele before he was drafted and cant see how things would have changed. #6 Should definately be on the table for these 2 boys and well worth it imo

Conca/Lennon/Edwards Take your pick GWS, Benell went for peanuts last year and you wont get a top 10 for Prestia, Benell had issu'e but Prestia hasnt played for 2 years and no chance should it be a straight sway - Pick a player ( but i have a sneeky feeling they will be looking at Lids) If its Lids then its getting interestin JOM & Prestia for Lids & Lennon I would do

Jarrod Witts Interests me, Could be the 'BIG' Ruck we are looking for and will be looking to move

Spare a thought for the Giants initial draft template: the Gold Coast Suns FC.
  • A historically bad location for sport attendance, interest and support particularly for AFL.
  • National Draft concessions have ultimately only led to 18 top 30 picks from 6 drafts (vs 28 from 5 drafts for GWS).
  • 4 seasons to get list to AFL standard list/salary ( vs GWS's 7 years)
  • And now, GC have 6 top 30 picks (most since their first draft in 2010) but AFL introduces new rule that means active picks will only reflect the available list spots, of which the Giants will have an additional 4 senior spots
Gold Coast will become the new Brisbane (who will become the new Fitzroy) while GWS establishes itself firmly in the top 4 for the next 10 years
Wonder how much Sheeds had to do with this?

Shame we have to wait until FA to really bring GWS back down to AFL level. Once that happens though, I'd hope all the clubs will be looking to take 2-3 players a year off them with no compensation. Only way to create a level playing field again
The best thing clubs could do would be to agree to not trade with gws until FA kicks in. Otherwise they will bring in multiple first rounders every year forever. Let them keep their stars and be killed by salary cap pressure and FA in a few years time.

according to the Prospectus they have 16 top 10's, 23 inside 20 & 28 inside 30 yet thier 10 supporters claim hard work got them to where they are, ok.....
i didn't even mention the Academy kids no1 else can touch & trading out thier 2nds players for high end Draft picks.....
Don't forget players like Treloar, Sheil and Cameron who where taken as 17yo before the draft.
And people say the drafts weren't compromised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back