List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/Free Agency Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

May I ask why?

If we are going to compete with the likes of Sydney and Bulldogs and Hawthorn, what does he bring to our side?

I'm not having a go, genuinely interested in the interest.

Yeah fair enough.

Koby goes in very hard, and is a good accumulator at both levels.

His skills get found out, but he is a good size (1.89) would immediately be better than Lambert or other "fringe" mids that get too many games.

He would come cheap and be best 22.

Yeah fair enough.

Koby goes in very hard, and is a good accumulator at both levels.

His skills get found out, but he is a good size (1.89) would immediately be better than Lambert or other "fringe" mids that get too many games.

He would come cheap and be best 22.
No, he's shit. I'd rather play A.Moore.

Say what you want about Addam Maric but his humiliation of Floggard will stay with me forever.
that was the best. was there that nigh in 2012

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if this has been posted already but Archyboy from PRE chucked this up:

"Caught up with a few boys today that have very reliable intel and this is what was reported -
M Williams - Highly unlikely, would almost have to be a freebie.
S Motlop - If Geelong off load, GC likely destination, possible 3 club trade. With the players leaveing GC, they will be short next year with the salary cap and they need to fill it, plus the obvious need for experience.
Prestia deal - player + Tigers 1st pick next year for Prestia + late first / early second pick this year or GC 2nd round next year. Miles is likely player.
Hawks have offer on table for Vickery, Tigers trying to confirm what compo will be to work on other trades. One other Victorian club waiting to see what happens as they are interested.
Deledio staying, plans for him to be medium forward next year full time.
Tigers looking at getting mostly picks from other trades and the packaging them to get more / better first round selections.
Freo are making serious enquires on McIntosh, required player and we continuely say no.
Forget Hartlett, won't happen.
Lennon to Blues, Sam Rowes name has been mentioned.
Conca could be anywhere, up to 5 clubs enquiring.
Koby Stevens still on radar, late pick from us.
Paul Aherns name was mentioned again, not much going right for the poor kid up there and home cooking could be calling. No other real interest in GWS off cuts.
Mitchell is an interesting one, my money is on Carlton.

There was more but that was only speculation, guess work beer talking crap, all the above is a work in progress behind the scenes."

If Marley Williams was much chop he wouldn't be leaving.

We are trying to become contenders so we are now discussing a player who was. 7th in the scums B&F in a year their coach was discussed as getting the sack because the team was shit. Funny shit happening in here. We talk about needing guns and discuss the Marley Williams of this world who must be a jet on his scintillating 7th place in the B&F

Lobb from GWS not Port. But yes, I wouldnt be surprised if we are after Lobbe from Port, just like last year. If you have the $$$ and the balls, you can have a crack at anyone and they could move. Look at Dusty to the crows? I'd rather have a crack at a big fish and miss out than recruit Marley Williams and Chris Mayne.

Motlop has been mentioned by several journalists, and we were keen last year. Flaky.

Mayne we were indeed keen on. Reported in the media several times. Thank god we lost out to the pies, but its sad we were heading down the path of short term fix with players like him.

JOM we never had a crack at, when he was looking at Melb clubs. Sad.

Didn't hear about Williams from an Instagram photo? It's been reported in the media. Moreso than the Mitchell rumour you are hanging your hat on from that a Richmond fanboi posted on Twitter.

Don't get too caught up on what is mentioned or 'reported' in the media. Dusty to the Crows is a prime example of that. These guys need to sell papers and get clicks. When it comes to possible trades, managers will often leak the Pies name and the Tigers as well. It's all an attempt to drive up dollars and competition. As you said, Motlop has been mentioned by 'journalists', not Richmond. Be very surprised if we were into him in a big way especially after Friday's debacle. Certainly not for Lids. No need to trade Lids at all. He's contracted. Wants to stay. Next year he is a RFA so we could still get compo or keep him if we want to.

"Caught up with a few boys today that have very reliable intel and this is what was reported -
S Motlop - If Geelong off load, GC likely destination, possible 3 club trade. With the players leaveing GC, they will be short next year with the salary cap and they need to fill it, plus the obvious need for experience.
Prestia deal - player + Tigers 1st pick next year for Prestia + late first / early second pick this year or GC 2nd round next year. Miles is likely player.
Hawks have offer on table for Vickery, Tigers trying to confirm what compo will be to work on other trades. One other Victorian club waiting to see what happens as they are interested.
Tigers looking at getting mostly picks from other trades and the packaging them to get more / better first round selections.
Freo are making serious enquires on McIntosh, required player and we continuely say no.
Paul Aherns name was mentioned again, not much going right for the poor kid up there and home cooking could be calling. No other real interest in GWS off cuts.

There was more but that was only speculation, guess work beer talking crap, all the above is a work in progress behind the scenes."
Prestia deal we are paying overs IMO, hope we can keep our first and offer a second a player Miles/Edwards.
Getting Sam Rowe for Lennon would be disastrous , would have be a draft pick involved or gtfo.
Ahern would be a risk so hope won't cost much. Is good mates with C Ellis from his junior footy days.
OJ171114MW0023622.jpg

Thanks for intel
I really am bemused on the mcintosh thing, how can he not be tradeable? Don't get me wrong I don't mind him, but we could definitely do better if we used our heads. I think miles is more important than him, and by removing miles and adding Prestia were not getting any more players going through the midfield

Thanks for intel
I really am bemused on the mcintosh thing, how can he not be tradeable? Don't get me wrong I don't mind him, but we could definitely do better if we used our heads. I think miles is more important than him, and by removing miles and adding Prestia were not getting any more players going through the midfield
Mcintosh is more flexible can play either end , outside mid and should start to be developed inside. He can also run which the new rules placed a higher priority on.

Seems to be contradicting statements.

Sam Rowes for Lennon, might as well give him away for free.

I don't like this talk of getting rid of miles. He had a down year but he is one of our few tough nuts who have a crack.

Is it better to use him as an piece in an upgrade while he has some currency?

We should also investigate using Edwards in the same scenario; while he has some currency.

Mcintosh is more flexible can play either end , outside mid and should start to be developed inside. He can also run which the new rules placed a higher priority on.

MacIntosh needs to be played on the ball. It's a no brainer. He's a big bull that wouldtake some serious stopping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back