List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/Free Agency Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Carlton come asking about Lennon, I hope Richmond don't forget how poor they were to deal with over Yarran.
Trying to screw us out of pick 12 when they obviously knew Chris wasn't in a good space.

Lennon for the Yarren pick should see it as evens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morris keeps getting thrown in when talking about moneyball duds.
First of all it cost us one pick position.
Second, he was playing good footy when we were playing fast and attacking. People had nothing but praise for him years ago when he was our lock down defender. We used to get destroyed by small forwards- Milne and Betts used to have a field day before Morris shut them down. He also broke lines too like he starting doing again this year up until his injury.
He went shit when they tried to make him a small forward after Kingy retired. Then he wasn't up to the chip kick and control footy of 2015.
He's not the best but he is good at the small back role. Is definitely not as bad as some people think.
If we go back to 2012/2013 gameplan and put him in the backline then he would be a solid player again. Go back and watch his last few games from this year
**** it , you had me going someone was interested in him for a mo

If Carlton come asking about Lennon, I hope Richmond don't forget how poor they were to deal with over Yarran.
Trying to screw us out of pick 12 when they obviously knew Chris wasn't in a good space.
Well I'd imagine Benny's first reaction when they give him a call will be to burst out laughing then advising them, you campaigners have a nerve

Koby Stevens or Sam Rowe just about spell the end of us

If we are incapable of looking at the bulldogs model and keep trying to money ball over 25 spuds we may as well give up now

Plan is simple; go after good players (Prestia Mitchell) and if you don't get them go to the draft

It's not brain science or rocket surgery

Koby Stevens or Sam Rowe just about spell the end of us

If we are incapable of looking at the bulldogs model and keep trying to money ball over 25 spuds we may as well give up now

Plan is simple; go after good players (Prestia Mitchell) and if you don't get them go to the draft

It's not brain science or rocket surgery

Agreed.
Football is a simple game.
Best players = best team.
If we keep chasing other clubs rejects, how are we expected to improve?
They have rocks in their heads down there I swear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Koby Stevens kicking is below par, another Taylor Hunt if we go down that path.
Rowe is actually a much improved player a good one on one defender who can play on the big power forwards. But surely couldn't play both him and Astbury - too slow. I'd be happy to see him a depth player if he came cheaply but a swap for Lennon would be madness. There'd have to be more in it (pick) for us.

I feel McIntosh is overrated in these parts. I'd entertain a second round pick for him. Low ceiling, questionable skills. Not a fan.

Put him in a team with an attacking game plan that runs and carries and takes on the game, he'd be a valuable player.

Thanks for intel
I really am bemused on the mcintosh thing, how can he not be tradeable? Don't get me wrong I don't mind him, but we could definitely do better if we used our heads. I think miles is more important than him, and by removing miles and adding Prestia were not getting any more players going through the midfield

Just cause we have said no to Freo re McIntosh probably just means the offer isn't good enough. We have no plans to trade him unless you throw down an offer we cant refuse type scenario.

I,m more worried that if we only get Prestia and some side salards and we give up next years 1st rnd(according to the experts its a good year for young talls),How much of an improvement are we going to achieve next year.We could stagnate and stay the same or even drop a few pegs with the only real addition of Prestia.With the departure of Vickery,Craplin and Mcbean i think its better we either get creative in the Prestia deal and give them player(s) and not any of our picks or the safer option give up this years and not next years.

I,m more worried that if we only get Prestia and some side salards and we give up next years 1st rnd(according to the experts its a good year for young talls),How much of an improvement are we going to achieve next year.We could stagnate and stay the same or even drop a few pegs with the only real addition of Prestia.With the departure of Vickery,Craplin and Mcbean i think its better we either get creative in the Prestia deal and give them player(s) and not any of our picks or the safer option give up this years and not next years.
There will be a few decent young talls available this year around picks 15 -30. But are we good enough to recognise them?

There will be a few decent young talls available this year around picks 15 -30. But are we good enough to recognise them?
But apparently there is a fair few contested mids around that mark this year.
The question is are this years talls around that mark better than the talls next year.Thats where Clarke has to make that kind of judgement both ways.Talls and the Mids.

Put him in a team with an attacking game plan that runs and carries and takes on the game, he'd be a valuable player.

Could say that for most outside players with suspect skills. We think the same regarding BEllis...
If Hartung switched teams he would get found out pretty quickly.
We need players that can adapt to different game styles.

But apparently there is a fair few contested mids around that mark this year.
The question is are this years talls around that mark better than the talls next year.Thats where Clarke has to make that kind of judgement both ways.Talls and the Mids.
I look forward to our bevy of new exciting talent when I get back from Tibet in a month..........................or lack of:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back