List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/Free Agency Part 4 - Toby Nankervis asks for trade to Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A variation of a trade I saw on here:

Trade 1
Lids and 62 to Geelong
Motlop and 26 to Port
9 and 54 to RFC

Explanation of the later pick swap to come... I really like that deal. Can we make that happen. Assuming Port want Motlop.... would that be fair for all teams?

Trade 2
Then maybe we could trade 6 + Miles/Ellis/Titch + Lennon/Batch/someone else to Gold Coast for 4 and Prestia. Haven't quite worked out if that is fair yet.

If that doesn't work, then offer 2017 first rounder for Prestia and a 2016 second rounder (earlier the better, let's say 23 - ask for 22, they start with 25 and we agree on 23).

Trade 3
Trade 44 to Sydney for Nankervis or
Whoever we didn't trade to GC out of Miles/Titch to Sydney for Nankervis and Sydney 2nd rounder (35ish). Offer 62 as a sweetener if required.

Trade 4
Then trade pick 9 and 35 (ish) + 54 for 15 & 16 (about the same number of points, slight gain to GWS) which GWS could use on Setterfield or whoever they want from the academy).

Option 1: Go to the draft with 6, 15, 16, 44 (if we lose one of Miles/Titch to Sydney) or if we don't.... 6, 15, 16.
Pick ups: Prestia, Nankervis, 15, 16
Losses: Lids, Vickery 26, swaps of other picks, possibly 1 of Miles/Titch/Ellis and 1 of Lennon/Batch.

Still have all of our 2017 picks as well in that scenario

Option 2: Go to the draft with 6, 15, 16, 23, 44 (if we lose one of Miles/Titch to Sydney) or if we don't.... 6, 15, 16, 23
Gains: Prestia, Nankervis, 15, 16, 23
Losses: Lids, Vickery 26, 2017 first rounder

Falls over if Port don't want Motlop or want more than 26. We could promise to help them by giving them 22/23/25 for 26 if we get it as a part of the Prestia deal (scenario 2).

Complicated but thoughts?

Port won't trade pick 9. They wanted to offload Hartlett for a pick, so highly doubt they trade a first round for another high paid player.

That time of year again, where having a mate in the industry makes life a little more interesting for a few days.

As always, happy to pass on what I hear - this particular mate wouldn't tell me anything that would jeopardise anything. That being said, he reckons so far this year the usual leaks from within Tigerland have dried up considerably. (Interesting in itself, if you ask me).

Anyway, feel free to take the following however you want - just remember there are no guarantees in life.

1. Bit of a disconnect between the club and Lids. The club didn't initiate trade talk, weren't really expecting him to consider leaving, prefer him to stay, but won't stand in his way if fair value can be achieved. Lots of water still to flow under that particular bridge.

2. From a list management perspective, there's real concern about our depth, or severe lack thereof, when it comes to KPPs at either end. Expect some movement here, but not confident on getting what we need with the currency we have to work with. (Hence Maric's 1 year deal). And yes, some interest in Nankervis. Not red hot on him though.

3. Prestia deal will get done, but the details will depend on how the landscape evolves. Both clubs being realistic, and are willing to be patient to ensure the best mutually beneficial deal gets done.

4. Adding ball-winning midfielders remains a priority for any early draft picks obtained/retained. The club is open to trading for mature players if the price is right. Speed less important than tank and grunt when it comes to mature recruits, as we have a lot of faith in our more recently drafted kids to play outside roles. My mate mentioned Barlow as a hypothetical example.

5. Don't expect any bigger names than Prestia to be joining us. We're not going out of our way to throw money at marquee players. We're more interested in spreading our available cap space on building/upgrading our second tier to support our existing headline talent. The club is painfully aware of how quickly our talent profile drops away after our top 5 or 6, and don't want to wait three years for our draftees to fix it organically.

...and that's about it, so far. Still very early days I guess.

Anyway, as always if I hear any details, names, whatever as the clubs wheel and deal, I'll pass on what I can.

Are you snout from woodend ?

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

That time of year again, where having a mate in the industry makes life a little more interesting for a few days.

As always, happy to pass on what I hear - this particular mate wouldn't tell me anything that would jeopardise anything. That being said, he reckons so far this year the usual leaks from within Tigerland have dried up considerably. (Interesting in itself, if you ask me).

Anyway, feel free to take the following however you want - just remember there are no guarantees in life.

1. Bit of a disconnect between the club and Lids. The club didn't initiate trade talk, weren't really expecting him to consider leaving, prefer him to stay, but won't stand in his way if fair value can be achieved. Lots of water still to flow under that particular bridge.

2. From a list management perspective, there's real concern about our depth, or severe lack thereof, when it comes to KPPs at either end. Expect some movement here, but not confident on getting what we need with the currency we have to work with. (Hence Maric's 1 year deal). And yes, some interest in Nankervis. Not red hot on him though.

3. Prestia deal will get done, but the details will depend on how the landscape evolves. Both clubs being realistic, and are willing to be patient to ensure the best mutually beneficial deal gets done.

4. Adding ball-winning midfielders remains a priority for any early draft picks obtained/retained. The club is open to trading for mature players if the price is right. Speed less important than tank and grunt when it comes to mature recruits, as we have a lot of faith in our more recently drafted kids to play outside roles. My mate mentioned Barlow as a hypothetical example.

5. Don't expect any bigger names than Prestia to be joining us. We're not going out of our way to throw money at marquee players. We're more interested in spreading our available cap space on building/upgrading our second tier to support our existing headline talent. The club is painfully aware of how quickly our talent profile drops away after our top 5 or 6, and don't want to wait three years for our draftees to fix it organically.

Anyway, as always if I hear any details, names, whatever as the clubs wheel and deal, I'll pass on what I can.
You've pretty much summed up 471 pages for anyone who's now joining the conversation.

Of what you know (assuming you haven't posted everything, because there would obviously be some you can't) has anything really stood out and made you go "wow, that's impressive"?

Yes our ruthless need to improve our list. We would never let lids go or that type and we would have hung on to vickery by re sigining him mid year

Our attitude has definitely shifted. I know those that disagree with the admin or coach will disagree but its what i feel based off comments from those outside the club who would know

hqdefault.jpg

I've got two questions. One: Where's the Fyfe? Two: Give me the Fyfe.

Absolute gold

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

So to point 5. Soumds like the club is looking to add more c grade, limited footballers to list to give more depth.

Yes our ruthless need to improve our list. We would never let lids go or that type and we would have hung on to vickery by re sigining him mid year

Our attitude has definitely shifted. I know those that disagree with the admin or coach will disagree but its what i feel based off comments from those outside the club who would know
Yeah, I'll agree Lids even looking at going shows that there is a mindset change

Any trades that look you by surprise?
Even if the answer is a simple yes (or why it has without naming if you can't)

Honestly wouldn't mind not getting Prestia if we can get some more picks for Lennon and Edwards and just keep pick 6.

In fact here's a thought, Lennon + Edwards + 42 for Adelaide's 1st & 2nd?

Then let's swap B. Ellis for Nankervis and Syndey's 2nd and go to draft with 6, 13, 26, and two more 2nd rounders

Keep Deledio.

Edit: Trade pick 60 or 78 for Michael Barlow.

Disagree, we can always trade back into 2017 if necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disagree, we can always trade back into 2017 if necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Better draft pool. F*** being bent over by GC. Prestia wants to come to us and so should keep 6 and give 26 and a player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly wouldn't mind not getting Prestia if we can get some more picks for Lennon and Edwards and just keep pick 6.

In fact here's a thought, Lennon + Edwards + 42 for Adelaide's 1st & 2nd?

Then let's swap B. Ellis for Nankervis and Syndey's 2nd and go to draft with 6, 13, 26, and two more 2nd rounders

Keep Deledio.

Edit: Trade pick 60 or 78 for Michael Barlow.
Adelaide's first is going for Gibbs

Adelaide's first is going for Gibbs
Gee the Crows love bending the Calspoon over dont they... First Betts now Gibbs. and Jacob

take it like a fattie, carltoon

Geelong need Lids more than us. Cockatoo or Blicavs or GTFO

Ball winning mids with tank and grunt?

I think if that's the case we'd have to have a good look at Rockliff

Thanks for update :) so in other words we are pretty much stuffed for next year again lol

Ball winning mids with tank and grunt?

I think if that's the case we'd have to have a good look at Rockliff
How are the pies in the market for someone of his quality ? No first rounders no salary cap space no worries get him in . His a accumulator , tackling machine and pin point pass kicking inside 50 to a leading forward not to mention can kick a goal . Get on him Richmond .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back