List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/Free Agency Part 4 - Toby Nankervis asks for trade to Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are the pies in the market for someone of his quality ? No first rounders no salary cap space no worries get him in . His a accumulator , tackling machine and pin point pass kicking inside 50 to a leading forward not to mention can kick a goal . Get on him Richmond .
Rockliff would destory what is left of Richmond

Prestia + Hall for Pick 6 + 26 is a great trade if we are keeping Deledio.
If we are trading Deledio, Hall shouldn't be on our radar and Pick 6 shouldn't be on the table.

But if we go down this road then we have to do this, in fact, I think we should do this.

Pick 6 + 26 for Prestia + Hall + 42
Next year's first for Hartlett (Port to pay first 150k) + their 2017 second
Our 2017 2nd + 44 to Sydney for Nankervis + 37

Best 22 (We must get Yarran fit)

B: Vlastuin, Astbury, Grimes
HB: Hartlett, Rance, Houli
C: McIntosh, Cotchin (26), B.Ellis
HF: Hall , Griffiths, Deledio
F: S.Edwards, Riewoldt, Rioli
R: Hampson/Nankervis, Prestia, Martin
Int: Yarran, Miles, C.Ellis, Grigg

You can't tell me that team doesn't push top 4 next year.

The majority of that team have 5 years to win a flag. We start planning for the next group in 2018 when we have 3 years of planning to rebuild the list so we don't fall off the cliff.

I feel sorry for the time you wasted

Anyone else see this on Twitter?
It seems to have been taken down, but it's a picture of Peggy and Fyfe:

The-Simpsons-Season-7-Episode-16-7-2c44.jpg

Currently we have 6 26 44 62

Deledio to Geelong, Motlop to North, Pick 11 to Richmond

11 26 & Lennon to Suns for Prestia 22 & 23

22 & 23 to Giants for pick 7

Out: Deledio Lennon 26
In: Prestia and 7

Head to the draft with: 6 7 42 & 62.

Deledio interested in Geelong, they need to make room for him and Touhy, so Motlop moves and with the Roos now flush with cap room Motlop would fit nicely. Suns want a first round pick for Prestia and we don't want to give up pick 6 so float 11 26 & a player like Lennon for Prestia and 22 & 23. Then comes the creative bit. GWS currently have 5170 points worth of picks in their hands, so offer them 22 & 23 for their pick 7 with the proviso that we won't bid on an academy kid with either 6 or 7. Lets not forget that the Giants are likely to get the Blues pick 5 as they send their NEAFL side to Visy Park so they'll likely get their hands on the kid they want anyway.

For those looking at the points value of the above scenarios.
11 & 26 = 2058 to 22 & 23 = 1660. So Lennon and and 398 points equates to Prestias value.

22 & 23 = 1660 to pick 7 =1644 so the Giants actually improve their points total.

With picks 6 & 7 we could add both Brodie and Taranto, losing Deledio at the end of his career and Lennon who just hasn't come on for a couple of potential 10-12 year types and Prestia who can play for another 7-10 years also really rejuvenates the list moving forward.

North are getting ripped

Who cares I'm only interested in what best serves Richmond

Yes but if a team is getting ripped then the deal clearly isn't going to happen lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I the only one on here that sees genuine value in chasing Rockliff? We have been crying out for an inside bull who can win the footy and tackle, there is one clearly on sale and we aren't even bidding? Understand the perception of him, but who cares....I'm hoping his relationship with Leppa has us at least ask the question

Am I the only one on here that sees genuine value in chasing Rockliff? We have been crying out for an inside bull who can win the footy and tackle, there is one clearly on sale and we aren't even bidding? Understand the perception of him, but who cares....I'm hoping his relationship with Leppa has us at least ask the question
I don't get the sense he is actually keen to leave, it just became a story that grew legs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm all for it. Richmond lack ball winners. The problem is we seem to go the draft and not bring in ball winners. It's all about which player has the highest ceiling. Hasn't worked for us once.

You can't teach a player how to get the footy but you can teach them skills.

We draft kids with skills but who can't get the footy. Rockliff would be ideal

Currently we have 6 26 44 62

Deledio to Geelong, Motlop to North, Pick 11 to Richmond

11 26 & Lennon to Suns for Prestia 22 & 23

22 & 23 to Giants for pick 7

Out: Deledio Lennon 26
In: Prestia and 7

Head to the draft with: 6 7 42 & 62.

Deledio interested in Geelong, they need to make room for him and Touhy, so Motlop moves and with the Roos now flush with cap room Motlop would fit nicely. Suns want a first round pick for Prestia and we don't want to give up pick 6 so float 11 26 & a player like Lennon for Prestia and 22 & 23. Then comes the creative bit. GWS currently have 5170 points worth of picks in their hands, so offer them 22 & 23 for their pick 7 with the proviso that we won't bid on an academy kid with either 6 or 7. Lets not forget that the Giants are likely to get the Blues pick 5 as they send their NEAFL side to Visy Park so they'll likely get their hands on the kid they want anyway.

For those looking at the points value of the above scenarios.
11 & 26 = 2058 to 22 & 23 = 1660. So Lennon and and 398 points equates to Prestias value.

22 & 23 = 1660 to pick 7 =1644 so the Giants actually improve their points total.

With picks 6 & 7 we could add both Brodie and Taranto, losing Deledio at the end of his career and Lennon who just hasn't come on for a couple of potential 10-12 year types and Prestia who can play for another 7-10 years also really rejuvenates the list moving forward.

If we get this done I'd personally pack Lids locker for him, point him to the west gate bridge and give him a hug and a kiss goodbye.

Geelong need Lids more than us. Cockatoo or Blicavs or GTFO
**** Blicavs.

Ball winning mids with tank and grunt?

I think if that's the case we'd have to have a good look at Rockliff
Did you miss the bit that said no more big names other than Prestia? Also, Rockliff is both a crab and a cancer (not sure what his star sign is but wouldn't be surprised if he's born in July).

Lol I don't even know how he can come up with that statement. I think we've won like 4 in 22 without lids approx. I reckon lids has prob only beaten cats once or twice in his career!
Once. He's the only active player to play in a winning Richmond team against Geelong. :$

Get rocky and Prestia keep lids .
How?

They hate each other. Rockliff wants 800k to get 45% of his possessions in D50. Brisbane would want our first pick. No ****ing way, to either.

Rockliff is a great Supercoach mid, he can't run both ways and doesn't spread, as long as the ball stays in the scrum in the guts he will get plenty of it..... very much an old fashioned footballer so why bother we have the same type in Dusty only better.

We need blokes that can get it, chase it and tackle it and run both ways.

Just once, I'd like to see us invest in the draft. Trade out players for picks. Upgrade picks.
we have invested in the draft most years and all it got us is fj picking spud after spud. seriously when was the last time we traded our first pick? jordan mcmahon because wallet is a bellend

geelong fans are starting to piss me off they want lids but think we should just give him away. he is contracted and its in our best interest to keep him or trade for overs. if you want him so bad go out and get the first round pick we want or put guthrie on the table

Prestia & Lonergan for #6 + #43

Deledio - Cockatoo

#26+Edwards - Nenkervis+#17

#17 + Lennon - Darling+ #30

I would do that,Fantastic outcome
Darling,Lonergan,Nankervis,Prestia,Cockatoo ,#30

Last edited:
we have invested in the draft most years and all it got us is fj picking spud after spud. seriously when was the last time we traded our first pick? jordan mcmahon because wallet is a bellend

We need to get into the early part of the draft, 6 and under

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back