List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Discussion (cont in Pt 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody know if AR or the Saints have shown any interest in any other draftees?
You'd have to think they'd have a good look at Sandy Dragons boys from the National Combine in particular:
Andrew Brayshaw (Sandringham Dragons)
Charlie Constable (Sandringham Dragons)
Hayden McLean (Sandringham Dragons)
Nathan Murphy (Sandringham Dragons)
Angus Styles (Sandringham Dragons)
Will Walker (Sandringham Dragons)

... and even from the State Combine:
Ed Newman (Sandringham Dragons)
Quintin Montanaro (Sandringham Dragons)
Joel Amartey (Sandringham Dragons)
Kai Owens (Sandringham Dragons)
Seb Williams (Sandringham Dragons)
Sam Cameron (Sandringham Dragons)
Jackson Hille (Sandringham Dragons)
Geordie Nagle (Sandringham Dragons)

... and maybe (while they're at it) from the Rookie Me Combine:
Hamish Brayshaw (Sandringham Dragons)
Lachlan Harris (Sandringham Dragons)
Aaron Trusler (Sandringham Dragons)

You'd have to think they'd have a good look at Sandy Dragons boys from the National Combine in particular:
Andrew Brayshaw (Sandringham Dragons)
Charlie Constable (Sandringham Dragons)
Hayden McLean (Sandringham Dragons)
Nathan Murphy (Sandringham Dragons)
Angus Styles (Sandringham Dragons)
Will Walker (Sandringham Dragons)

... and even from the State Combine:
Ed Newman (Sandringham Dragons)
Quintin Montanaro (Sandringham Dragons)
Joel Amartey (Sandringham Dragons)
Kai Owens (Sandringham Dragons)
Seb Williams (Sandringham Dragons)
Sam Cameron (Sandringham Dragons)
Jackson Hille (Sandringham Dragons)
Geordie Nagle (Sandringham Dragons)

... and maybe (while they're at it) from the Rookie Me Combine:
Hamish Brayshaw (Sandringham Dragons)
Lachlan Harris (Sandringham Dragons)
Aaron Trusler (Sandringham Dragons)

Know a bit about Sandy as Hillys old man is one of my best mates and both he and Trusler were or are Ormond players. He thinks Constable will be their best player from the current side. Also Brayshaw goes ok but like his brother might be a tad slow. He wasn't raving about any of them compared to last year when he said there was 3 or 4 ready made stars.

Correct. What do you suggest we do?

(We would all love Kelly but that's up to Kelly)

I would do everything possible to get a top 2 pick. I know people like the idea of getting more players because it sounds exciting but I'm not sure history suggests it doesn't works that well. We did it with the Hickey and Lee picks and that hasn't worked in hindsight. Even Melbourne did it getting Salem and Tyson and at the time thought it was great. Kelly was great or even Billings.

If we are stuck with 7 and 8 I wouldn't waste either of the picks on anyone apart from mids and then I would look at mids and if they weren't available I would get mids or even mids. The game is more and more about mids and smart small forwards unless you have close to champion tall forwards. Pressure on the ball and then more pressure and if that doesn't work try pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would do everything possible to get a top 2 pick. I know people like the idea of getting more players because it sounds exciting but I'm not sure history suggests it doesn't works that well. We did it with the Hickey and Lee picks and that hasn't worked in hindsight. Even Melbourne did it getting Salem and Tyson and at the time thought it was great. Kelly was great or even Billings.

If we are stuck with 7 and 8 I wouldn't waste either of the picks on anyone apart from mids and then I would look at mids and if they weren't available I would get mids or even mids. The game is more and more about mids and smart small forwards unless you have close to champion tall forwards. Pressure on the ball and then more pressure and if that doesn't work try pressure.

I'm not against trading up into the top 4. I'd trade 7 & 8 for a top 4 pick & a top 25 pick.

I
Know a bit about Sandy as Hillys old man is one of my best mates and both he and Trusler were or are Ormond players. He thinks Constable will be their best player from the current side. Also Brayshaw goes ok but like his brother might be a tad slow. He wasn't raving about any of them compared to last year when he said there was 3 or 4 ready made stars.
recjon styles is going very much under the radar very much what we need to
Excellent disposal and decision maker
Paper thin tho

Coffield more outside then inside
Has potential to play inside tho with his already outside capabilities
I read osmehwere that on the weekend he had half dispsals as ocntested
To me he is jack sinclaire in Kyle langfords Body, except not as skillfull but remember sinclair is porbably the most skilled player at st kilda

You should get a job a Collingwood... your mids mids mids plan has worked beautifully there

Anyone else can see that as well as some midfield polish we also need another mobile tall back and I am 100% sure our list managers are working on it either in this draft, which seems to have an abundance of them (Naughton, Balta, Taylor, Petty., Clavhino ) or as a trade for a young one at another club

ATM we have more developing mids who may step up (Steele, Gresh, Acres, Sincs are all at an age where we expect big improvement.. Freeman is a smokey...) than developing mobile tall defenders (Goddard is not that mobile)

20m SPRINT:
1 Jack Petruccelle – Northern – 2.820s
2 Dave Smith – Murray – 2.838
3 Josh Bateman – Dandenong – 2.864
4 Troy Brimble – Sandringham – 2.877
5 Jack Evans – Calder – 2.882
6 Ed Richards – Oakleigh – 2.890
7 Ethan Penrith – Northern – 2.891
8 Nicholas Coffield – Northern – 2.892
9 Will Leslie – Gippsland – 2.898
10 Ben Paton – Murray – 2.903
Combine results. Coffield is a rocket!

Man I'd love to somehow land LDU... no chance he gets to 7? Shame there aren't more quality KPF's in this draft to push the mids back.

I actually don't mind Stephenson, but drafting someone of his size makes me nervous he could be a Cale Morton type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back