List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Discussion (cont in Pt 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sat on Roberton as well from memory and they always target Steven and we had nothing else. Could work, it pisses me off because it means Mc Kenzie, White and Rice are probably back ups at best and we don't see them as a the future, bad drafting. I think we might be worried about Hugh too seeing we are talking of a KPD and we got LA.
DMac , White and Rice are still young and could be very good players - White played a few games and didn't look far from staying in the team - DMac is a elite runner and could make it easily - Rice and Long could fill Geary's spot if required and Key backs well we wanted Haynes or Tomlinson however if we took one of them we most probably have one pick in the top 10. Scoring Austin could well turn out to be another turn around story like Roberton for us and we still of Goddard and would not be surprised if a Marshall or Battle could fill a spot if required.
Our backline was one of our highlights this year , Geary showed why he was made captain , Brown who was picked as a fill in played his roll very well , Webster showed he is a good player , Roberton was outstanding , Carlisle was what we needed at CHB and I expect White will be the other halfback and that is the feeling of got from players like Montagna saying they expect him to take that position.
If Brown or Carlisle go down we have at least 3 players now who could fill the gap Austin , Goddard or Marshall as he played in the backline line in the VFL a few times and didn't do to bad(last year with Goddard out we only had Gilbert to fill in and to tell you the truth he is the worst kick out of defence you could get) and if Geary goes down we have Rice or Long - and as we found out Long played in the backline before joining the dogs 2nds.

So to me our backs are ok , our problem is getting it out of the backline which at times was a major problem and hopefully Steven , Steele , Acres , Sinclair , Billings , Gresham , Ross , Dunstan step up and get that run and carry off the halfback line and deliver it to Bruce , McCartin , Membery.
I'm expecting the kids to take the next step and shut up all this negative comments from people.

We have a great list and after the draft will even be better.

Steele , Acres , Sinclair , Billings , Gresham can easily be our elite players and if that is the case we have 5 of them and not including Steven or Ross
Carlisle and Roberton are A graders.

Bit of an update.

Draft Central finalized their rankings tonight. Only Knightmare and D_P_S left (haven't heard word on if they are updating their lists again or not).

As it stands now;

DKmHqOh.png

Ed Richards been a huge mover. Was outside top 20 mids and now inside 15.

Huge gap between 11th and 12th spot, and another pretty decent margin between 14th and 15th.

Hey folks. Just had the Saints in the WCE board mock draft. Here is what I took:

#7: Andrew Brayshaw
#8: Hunter Clark
#34: Gryan Miers
#45: Tom McCartin

I feel like I destroyed that draft because I really like all of these players. What are your thoughts?

03mb4sicsyyz.jpg

You are hereby appointed acting Hand of the King.

Everytime I log on to this thread I start reading with a clear crisp line of thinking, then you campaigners just confuzzle and flamboozle my combobulations. This kind of describes what my brain goes through.

I'm standing by Joffaboy

Slider @ 7. Hunter Clark @ 8.

Happy as a snough flustered bajiggity swaving off all confrustrations.

Kingy will be very happy for us if we pick Coffield.

Wrote an article in the HUN a few days ago about the draft and what he thinks clubs should do as a result of the way the game is played these days and he said clubs should be lining up to grab someone like Coffield, with transition/rebound from defence so important these days.

Give me a flag in 2006 compared to 1966 anyday

Grand final 1991, flag 1992 & 1994. Grand final again in 2005, flag 2006. Grand final 2015. Reality is they're finding a way across different eras

Given the AFL is designed to be cyclical (one flag every 18 years) they're going alright

How many times do you hear of a delisted wce player going and making it at another club. I can't think of one.

Their issues it their football not their fitness or ability to get their bodies right. I think we are the other way around. Football is alright but our fitness feels subpar.
Beau Maister

Bit of an update.

Draft Central finalized their rankings tonight. Only Knightmare and D_P_S left (haven't heard word on if they are updating their lists again or not).

As it stands now;

DKmHqOh.png

Ed Richards been a huge mover. Was outside top 20 mids and now inside 15.

Huge gap between 11th and 12th spot, and another pretty decent margin between 14th and 15th.

Great work, fascinating list. Isn't it a problem though that you don't consider them as any number when they're not on a list? That means the average is only taking into account those who listed them, which for guys like Richards who weren't on half the lists is a massive underestimate.

Everytime I log on to this thread I start reading with a clear crisp line of thinking, then you campaigners just confuzzle and flamboozle my combobulations. This kind of describes what my brain goes through.

Phew!

For a moment there I thought Kevin Spacey was about to reveal one of his tricks

Kingy will be very happy for us if we pick Coffield.

Wrote an article in the HUN a few days ago about the draft and what he thinks clubs should do as a result of the way the game is played these days and he said clubs should be lining up to grab someone like Coffield, with transition/rebound from defence so important these days.
Sounds like we will be one step ahead when we have 22 defenders. We won’t even have to transition it.

Thing to remember is the lag from draft to impact. We have immediate needs but these players will not be ready for a few years.

For example, do we try and address immediate needs or do we look ahead and pick a player that will be peaking when Stuv is in decline? Like a Bradshaw type?

Arguments can be made for both approaches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need elite kicks to players who can break the lines of today’s zone defence
If Coffield can kick it to a Stephenson or a Bonar who can break through kicking it to Mattress Guts who has charged back to the goal square I’ll be a happy man
Problem is that if it’s Stephenson kicking it to mattress guts, it will be at his feet, over his head or 10m to the left or right of him ;)

Thing to remember is the lag from draft to impact. We have immediate needs but these players will not be ready for a few years.

For example, do we try and address immediate needs or do we look ahead and pick a player that will be peaking when Stuv is in decline? Like a Bradshaw type?

Arguments can be made for both approaches.
Draft for the future and trade for the present.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Great work, fascinating list. Isn't it a problem though that you don't consider them as any number when they're not on a list? That means the average is only taking into account those who listed them, which for guys like Richards who weren't on half the lists is a massive underestimate.
Too much work lol but I will try and see if I can add it. Don't think it would make too much difference though.

Problem is that if it’s Stephenson kicking it to mattress guts, it will be at his feet, over his head or 10m to the left or right of him ;)
Should help Paddy feel like he's finally taken Roo's spot in the team :cool:

Draft for the future and trade for the present.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Probably why I am happy to grab Lamb. He's 22 and talented. If his problem is attitude, and he gets that right, he could be an absolute steal.

If he can give us output like Koby did last year, we'd be laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back