Review 2017 Free Agency & Trade Period

What type of player do we need most? (Whether mature or rookie age)

• A tall forward

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • An inside midfielder

Votes: 44 24.7%
  • An outside midfielder

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • A half back

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • A small forward

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • A ruckman

Votes: 5 2.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the entries are fixable quite quickly. Rejigging with Wilson and Blakely/Weller more midfield.

Tactics in the 50 would also be semi-addressed if that happens, but wow, we desperately need someone drilling them. Hard to expect such a massive change in personnel that we experienced there last season to go smoothly though. Not only the recent losses of Pavlich, Mayne and deBoer, but also the failure of Apeness and Bennell to get on the park in a meaningful way, and Ballantyne's sporadic impact. It would be pretty unrealistic to have any real expectations.

Not sure why you'd include Mayne and deBoer in your list of losses supporting our inability to "drill them"? They would be about the last people on my list of Freo players I'd want taking a set shot for my life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harley Balic has passed his medical tests with Melbourne and the Demons are now all but committed to bringing the midfielder across from Fremantle during the NAB AFL Trade Period.

Balic has requested a move home to Victoria after two seasons with the Dockers and it is understood Fremantle will now work to facilitate a trade to his club of choice.

The 20-year-old took indefinite leave from the club twice this season to deal with a personal issue and returned to Melbourne for a period during the season.

What's he worth?

• The Dockers' starting point in negotiations is likely to be a pick in the 30s or 40s, but they might have to accept a later pick.
  • The Demons hold pick No.45 in the third round and No.64 in the fourth round.
  • Balic was a slider in his draft year of 2015 because of injury after being touted as a top-10 pick, eventually going at No.38.
The Dockers are committed to bringing GWS defender Nathan Wilson and Gold Coast forward Brandon Matera to the club and will need picks in the second and third round to help them. They will also be sending Hayden Crozier to the Western Bulldogs.

Is there any post you dont bag out? Why are you even on a forum like this if you arent interested in rumours? Pretty sad that you just sit there and hate on everything.

Bahaha - You're joking right?

Why do I like to talk about our team and find it more interesting to talk about what we have more than rumors* ? Gee I don't know man, probably because it's healthy to not be engaged in all these false accusations and fake gossip 24/7

Remove this Banner Ad

Review 2017 Free Agency & Trade Period

Back