Review 2017 Free Agency & Trade Period

What type of player do we need most? (Whether mature or rookie age)

• A tall forward

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • An inside midfielder

Votes: 44 24.7%
  • An outside midfielder

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • A half back

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • A small forward

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • A ruckman

Votes: 5 2.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

As I understand it, you guys are looking for a second round pick to trade for Wilson, right? What are your thoughts on trading pick 5 and whatever pick comes back for Balic, for Brisbane's 12 and 18? Allows you to pay for Wilson and draft a KPP at 12.
It's reasonable for sure. But it does not advantage us due to make that top end of the draft is fairly even.

If we got McGovern, then would have done it. But that didn't happen.

To be honest, Balic is worth F all as he has done F all. If he was on any other list but ours we would all be saying ‘meh’. Yes he has potential, but that does not warrant a decent pick. We all knew this would be the likely outcome when his Dad offered him 70k to stay in Vic. Take what we can and move on

To be honest, Balic is worth F all as he has done F all. If he was on any other list but ours we would all be saying ‘meh’. Yes he has potential, but that does not warrant a decent pick. We all knew this would be the likely outcome when his Dad offered him 70k to stay in Vic. Take what we can and move on
Agree

It's like selling a car on Gumtree. We try to find a wood duck we can convince that they're getting a Rolls Royce. And the other clubs will be low balling us trying to convince us they're doing us a favour by taking him off our hands. If 45 is all we can get so be it.

Notable #45 draft picks - Garry Moorcroft (took one of the great hangers of all time), Scott Hodges (Crows), Matthew Scarlett, Kade Simpson, Alex Fasolo. A Matty Scarlett would be handy...

If I was a vic club, I'd be extremely keen in getting a talented youngster for a high pick. Melbourne are getting a steal, massive steal. Hes not injured or out of form, he's just a soft little bitch.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fairly implausible that Balic fell to 38 due to his wrist problem. It will be an interesting side light to the draft seeing what is offered for him. Also interesting to see how his career pans out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

45 and 64 (chump change really) values him at 39. I think a lot of us would be happier to get something in the 30s than 40+, so we could try to get their 64 from them too. Late picks are often useful if you want to do a bunch of pick swaps right at the end of trading.

And if the Bulldogs value Crozier highly enough to offer him 3 years, then I reckon we demand their 26 from them.

26 to GWS for Wilson.

55 to GCS for Matera.

Last edited:
45 and 64 (chump change really) values him at 39. I think a lot of us would be happier to get something in the 30s than 40+, so we could try to get their 64 from them too. Late picks are often useful if you want to do a bunch of pick swaps right at the end of trading.

And if the Bulldogs value Crozier highly enough to offer him 3 years, then I reckon we demand their 26 from them.

26 to GWS for Wilson.

thats very suitable actually...could throw in 64 to theDogs with Croz for 26

26 to GWS for Wilson.

That would be the dream although if Wilson deal is already done and Crozier is still undecided then I don't see any world where this happens. Would rather we have a 2nd Rounder for next year.

thats very suitable actually...could throw in 64 to theDogs with Croz for 26

If GWS want more - then 26 and 58 for Wilson and 63. Values him at 24.

Leaves us with:
Out: Balic, Crozier, 55, 58
In: Wilson, Matera, 63, 64

We take 5, 40, 63, 64 to the draft.

how would the Wilson deal be already done....in what way ?

Reported that Wilson / Matera deals have already been done and mutually agreed on - also reported that they will be the first two trades stamped out on Monday. If that's the case it's probably a straight swap for an existing / future pick. Hearing Crozier is deciding between 2 and 3 years still - I doubt they would be waiting for his decision. It would be smart by the club to go bang and offer 2018 2nd right away for Wilson to make sure that's done and dusted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review 2017 Free Agency & Trade Period

Back