Review 2017 Free Agency & Trade Period

What type of player do we need most? (Whether mature or rookie age)

• A tall forward

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • An inside midfielder

Votes: 44 24.7%
  • An outside midfielder

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • A half back

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • A small forward

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • A ruckman

Votes: 5 2.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Bahaha - You're joking right?

Why do I like to talk about our team and find it more interesting to talk about what we have more than rumors* ? Gee I don't know man, probably because it's healthy to not be engaged in all these false accusations and fake gossip 24/7

Does that mean Fyfe wasn't flying him around in his helicopter

shattered :(

It's fun to cut down rumors especially considering your posts seem to only revolve around them rather than any real discussion elsewhere. Stop spitting the dummy because someone is critical on your fantasies.
Mate I’ve seen your “logical” posts, they are trash. The rest of the time you cut everyone down. There have been a stack of reports saying hogan may come home, it may come to nothing. In the mean time, get a life and don’t say anything if you don’t like it.

Mate I’ve seen your “logical” posts, they are trash. The rest of the time you cut everyone down. There have been a stack of reports saying hogan may come home, it may come to nothing. In the mean time, get a life and don’t say anything if you don’t like it.

I changed my mind on Hogan because Jebediah assured us, don't worry champ.

If we get pick 45 for Balic we go thanks and move on.

Agreed, we made out like bandits last year so I expect to get reamed with players wanting home this year

#45 is more than fair for Balic, not his potential but his output so far

Surely everyone is entitled to have a say whether you like what they've got to say or not or even if you think their comments are trash or illogical. If you don't like reading them then perhaps use the ignore option but don't shut down free speech/forum contribution.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed, we made out like bandits last year so I expect to get reamed with players wanting home this year

#45 is more than fair for Balic, not his potential but his output so far
Would much prefer to try and trade for a player tbh. We are likely to get a pick in the 50-70 odd range which is likely to be bust. Mountford at NMFC would be a much better deal.

Would much prefer to try and trade for a player tbh. We are likely to get a pick in the 50-70 odd range which is likely to be bust. Mountford at NMFC would be a much better deal.
Agree except North Melbourne are now like someone cashed up given only a few days to live. "Gather round guys we need to talk contracts... Ok, so you get an extra zero, and you get an extra zero... you all get extra zeros."

Surely everyone is entitled to have a say whether you like what they've got to say or not or even if you think their comments are trash or illogical. If you don't like reading them then perhaps use the ignore option but don't shut down free speech/forum contribution.
Mate that’s what I’m accusing him of. Everytime someone mentions Hogan he ridicules them and says it’s not happening. We get it mate! But that doesn’t stop the rest of us discussing what might happen. I’ve read quite a few of his posts that I think are complete garbage and don’t say a word. The noise around hogan is palpable, and though it very well may not happen, it’s allowed to be discussed. I may be a sucker, but I’m hearing too much noise from too many people to ignore it.

Jebediah were a decent band in their day but that post with the Hogan three way is utter troll BS material. People are doing this for pure entertainment value. My favourite so far has been the 'unbelievable source' comment.

Freo will ask the question as they have every trade period for past few years and probably even put a fair trade on the table. Melbourne go 'no deal' and we repeat every 12 months.

We can wait till he is OOC and get a fair trade for him or otherwise better still hit him up as a FA for free. I actually don't doubt he has had a meal or coffee with our recetuiters/CEO. We want to be in the ready position when the whips go cracking.

Geez guys, not everyone here has confirmation bias...

Talks ready to start on Balic

Harley Balic has passed his medical tests with Melbourne and the Demons are now all but committed to bringing the midfielder across from Fremantle during the NAB AFL Trade Period.

What's he worth?

• The Dockers' starting point in negotiations is likely to be a pick in the 30s or 40s, but they might have to just accept Jesse Hogan in a straight swap instead.

Jebediah were a decent band in their day but that post with the Hogan three way is utter troll BS material. People are doing this for pure entertainment value. My favourite so far has been the 'unbelievable source' comment.

Freo will ask the question as they have every trade period for past few years and probably even put a fair trade on the table. Melbourne go 'no deal' and we repeat every 12 months.

We can wait till he is OOC and get a fair trade for him or otherwise better still hit him up as a FA for free. I actually don't doubt he has had a meal or coffee with our recetuiters/CEO. We want to be in the ready position when the whips go cracking.
I know for a fact that we met with his manager regarding him 3/4 weeks ago in Melbourne. One of my good builder clients’ who I’ve known for a long time has a brother who works/owns (not sure which one) a law firm who works in conjunction with Freo, and has for a long time (since the 90s). He has a stack of contacts there, and verified we have definitely been in discussions. As I said, call me a sucker, but I think something is happening. It all adds up. Let’s see next week.

As I understand it, you guys are looking for a second round pick to trade for Wilson, right? What are your thoughts on trading pick 5 and whatever pick comes back for Balic, for Brisbane's 12 and 18? Allows you to pay for Wilson and draft a KPP at 12.

As I understand it, you guys are looking for a second round pick to trade for Wilson, right? What are your thoughts on trading pick 5 and whatever pick comes back for Balic, for Brisbane's 12 and 18? Allows you to pay for Wilson and draft a KPP at 12.
No thank you. We'll probably use 2018 2nd for Wilson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review 2017 Free Agency & Trade Period

Back