List Mgmt. 2017 Free Agency & Trading - Part 2 (Take Gibbs talk to the Gibbs thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure but it's great to see that we're having a serious crack.
Hard to see us folding and accepting anything less than what you've suggested.

Pick 10 and Salem I'd be happy with.

So Pick 10 and a fringe best 22 player at Melbourne ?

Have heard and read on another online forum that the Western Bulldogs would be interested in parting ways with Luke Dahlhaus, along with Gold Coast moving on Aaron Hall. West Coast might be partying ways with Andrew Gaff also.

These would all be better options then Gibbs and Rockliff!!!

As expected with the Lever Deal, and Charlie Cameron to go home we will have 3-4 1st Rounders to play with.

Thoughts?
I really rate Dahlhaus and if Cameron leaves he would be a good replacement. An improvement in reality.
I don't like Gaff and his name says it all about his disposals.
At his best, Aaron Hall would improve every team. I just worry how often he seems to produce.

Sure but it's great to see that we're having a serious crack.
Hard to see us folding and accepting anything less than what you've suggested.

Pick 10 and Salem I'd be happy with.
I think if that's the deal we win. Really value defneders who can hit a target and Salem is that. With Seeds and Salem hitting targets I reckon we better in Defense than this year.

Fringe? 22 years old, played 16 games this year, despite a 4 week hamstring and a couple suspensions. Rarely misses a target.
His value alone is equal to 1st round pick.

Ok fair enough, here's an assesment of him (Salem) from the Melbourne board which i've copied ;

"He lacks defensive running and isn't particularly quick. Illnesses over the last few years have affected his tank.

His skill set is probably best suited as an inside mid, but he's smaller and probably less talented than the inside mids we have around his age. We played him off hb because he's a 'good' kick and we didn't have many of those when we drafted him.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him go to another Vic club with a bit of free cash. He has the pieces to be a very good player and could be a good smokey pick for a lower team. If we can get north or carltons second for him we'd be doing well."

So he's worth an early second then.

What did Bicks just say about a top 3 pick in next year's draft? I just caught the very end

What do you guys reasonably expect for Harrison Wigg?

Not sure if there's an offer on the table, but realistically if we could upgrade or 2nd by sending him your way then I think we'd all be happy. But, like Lyons who struggled for game time at our club, there's a chance that Wigg will have a decentish career and be a bargain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if there's an offer on the table, but realistically if we could upgrade or 2nd by sending him your way then I think we'd all be happy. But, like Lyons who struggled for game time at our club, there's a chance that Wigg will have a decentish career and be a bargain.
Wigg would have racked up 40-60 games by now if he'd been drafted by Carlton. One thing to remember about Wigg also, is that he was one of the youngest players drafted in 2014. In age-terms (still only 20) he is really closer to most 2nd-year players, not 3rd-year players.

But he did threaten at our club in a year that we used a record low amount of players. There's few other clubs that he wouldn't have debuted for over the last 2 seasons.
Did he really? I remember him being named as on the emergency list a couple of times, but a thoroughly-cooked VB was preferred to him when it came to actually selecting an AFL team.

Suggesting that he would have been selected elsewhere is pure supposition. What we do know is that he hasn't been selected at Adelaide, and there are some fairly clear deficiencies in his game (defensive work ethic, poor kicking). It's doubtful that he would have played many games, no matter where he ended up. He may have done (it's a hypothetical) - but I doubt he'd have played many.

The only teams for whom a swap of 2nd round picks for Wigg is fair would be Richmond, Geelong, and GWS. And even then, it's borderline.

You're not seriously trying to compare Wigg with Lyons? Seriously?

Lyons played almost every game in 2016, and before that he was Adelaide's biggest victim of the substitute rule (Grigg was the beneficiary). Lyons was a competent AFL player, but a list clogger who was never going to improve and take the team forwards.

Wigg is a good SANFL footballer, who doesn't work hard enough defensively and whose kicking skills are vastly overrated.

Wigg is to Lyons, as Lyons is to Sloane.

Did he really? I remember him being named as on the emergency list a couple of times, but a thoroughly-cooked VB was preferred to him when it came to actually selecting an AFL team.

Suggesting that he would have been selected elsewhere is pure supposition. What we do know is that he hasn't been selected at Adelaide, and there are some fairly clear deficiencies in his game (defensive work ethic, poor kicking). It's doubtful that he would have played many games, no matter where he ended up. He may have done (it's a hypothetical) - but I doubt he'd have played many.

Travelling emergency, which according to many posts of yours is the next man up.

Have heard and read on another online forum that the Western Bulldogs would be interested in parting ways with Luke Dahlhaus, along with Gold Coast moving on Aaron Hall. West Coast might be partying ways with Andrew Gaff also.

These would all be better options then Gibbs and Rockliff!!!

As expected with the Lever Deal, and Charlie Cameron to go home we will have 3-4 1st Rounders to play with.

Thoughts?
Dalhaus would be worth going after.

Is Beveridge self destructing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back