Injury 2017 - Injury List

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be almost certain both Langdon and Tucker are both staying. Langdon getting surgery now only reinforces that thinking.

Duman and Sheridan are both listed as tests but given Peel has a bye they have an extra week to recover anyway. Peel need some more midfielders, so good news with finals not far away. Interesting Spurr is still listed as 3 weeks... not season - may as well forget Rd 23 and recover fully?
Spurr'll be up & ready for finals!

:( At least they're getting the treatment they need, real questions need to be asked about letting Blakely back on and Langdon back into AFL/WAFL

There's been real questions over the competency of our medical staff for about 5 years. This year has been even worse than before.

There's been real questions over the competency of our medical staff for about 5 years. This year has been even worse than before.

Zac Clarke? I mean you could see the pain in his legs with every step. At first I thought it was his natural gait, but post season surgery proved he had issues. Career killed by medical staff IMO... well that and festivals!

DGUOHfGUAAAEZUX.jpg

View originalFlag media

#craigmedal ® Retweeted

Dana Blakely @BlakelyDana

7h

My Connor out of surgery late tonight-too many of these between the two sons!! @n_blakely

Any chance we could poach the medicos from Port? They have just two on their injury list - one is a test, the other 1 week. They've been pretty injury free all year from memory.

I'm doubtful we'll see any of the 11 on our injury list in the next three games. Haven't we had about 9+ on our list every week since rd 1? Including the four talls we haven't seen at all (APearce, Apeness, Clarke & Ueber).

If he has a good game or 2 with peel he'd be a good chance, Ross mentioned that he wanted to get a look at him at AFL level but he had injured his back at an inopportune time
Yeah I don't see why we wouldn't. I think that Rd 23 game a couple of years back helped a lot of our youngsters understand the standard and intensity required at AFL level. Gives them some motivation over the off and pre seasons to work on things.

Duman has a lot of what we need (good disposal, speed, height, agility), he just needs time to build the body imo. His kick ratio is perfect and I'd rate him as one of the best kicks of our youngsters. But what I liked more about him was him working hard to present as an option through the middle for Peel, and also his attack on the ball in congestion was often fearless for quite a lightly built guy. I hope we continue developing him as an outside mid but with potential to rotate inside. I actually think he has the closest attributes to Mundy of all the youngsters on our list but he's got a mountain of work to become anything close to that good. Hopefully we give him the opportunity to do so and he grabs it.

Yeah I don't see why we wouldn't. I think that Rd 23 game a couple of years back helped a lot of our youngsters understand the standard and intensity required at AFL level. Gives them some motivation over the off and pre seasons to work on things.

Duman has a lot of what we need (good disposal, speed, height, agility), he just needs time to build the body imo. His kick ratio is perfect and I'd rate him as one of the best kicks of our youngsters. But what I liked more about him was him working hard to present as an option through the middle for Peel, and also his attack on the ball in congestion was often fearless for quite a lightly built guy. I hope we continue developing him as an outside mid but with potential to rotate inside. I actually think he has the closest attributes to Mundy of all the youngsters on our list but he's got a mountain of work to become anything close to that good. Hopefully we give him the opportunity to do so and he grabs it.
I hope we do give him a crack. Just a taste so he's even hungrier over the off-season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brady Grey is listed as 2-3 weeks for Hamstring strain. He has played 4 games for Peel. Will be touch and go, whether he gets that last game to qualify.

Peel play Perth (home), Sharks (away) and South Fremantle (home). Likely to finish 3rd and play South Fremantle again at our Spiritual home for the first week of the finals.

Brady Grey is listed as 2-3 weeks for Hamstring strain. He has played 4 games for Peel. Will be touch and go, whether he gets that last game to qualify.

Peel play Perth (home), Sharks (away) and South Fremantle (home). Likely to finish 3rd and play South Fremantle again at our Spiritual home for the first week of the finals.
If he play will most likely to be with peel reserve with limited minute .

Ignore my post. I have just read the WAFL qualifications guide and a new rule for 2017 states that they need to have played more WAFL games than AFL games. Brady has played 14 AFL games he has no chance.

Ignore my post. I have just read the WAFL qualifications guide and a new rule for 2017 states that they need to have played more WAFL games than AFL games. Brady has played 14 AFL games he has no chance.

AFL Partner Club Players Participating in WAFL Finals An AFL Player may play in the WAFL Finals where: i. the player must have played a minimum of five (5) WAFL matches;

a. his AFL Club is not participating in the AFL Finals match on the same weekend as his WAFL Partner Club; and

b. the number of qualified AFL players eligible to play does not exceed fifteen (15) players.

c. his AFL Club is still in the AFL Finals and playing on the same weekend then the five (5) Game qualification and maximum fifteen (15) player cap does not apply.

or where:
Any special request for AFL Partner Club Players to participate in the WAFL Partner Club League or Reserves Finals when not qualified in accordance with these Rules must be submitted to the WAFC by Tuesday 5pm prior to the Final for approval by the WAFC.

Any Club that names a player on the Team Sheet knowing or intending that he will not play, or who seeks to manipulate the intent of rule 4 will be investigated by the WAFC under rule 6.2 ‘Behaviour Detrimental to Football, or any other applicable rule, and may be penalised.

Should be fine?

Just had a listen to an ABC interview with Rocket Eade and he had this to say:
"The veteran coach believed the Gold Coast board should have been more aware of the issues that had beset the club, labelling the Suns' high performance and medical departments 'really average'."

They certainly made a mess of Bennell's calf.

"The veteran coach believed the Gold Coast board should have been more aware of the issues that had beset the club, labelling the Suns' high performance and medical departments 'really average'."

I don't think freo HnM are any better.
Zach Clarke, A.pearce, apeness ?

Don't tell the Gold Coast board that, they won't accept it. That is the reason O'Meara and Prestia left. I was also told Swallow was leaving for the same reason prior to his recontracting.

Gold Coast are the Brisbane Bears Mk II. Remember when the Bears played at Carrara? Totally unprofessional and uncompetitive. The players went up there were only interested in working on their tans and partying. Gold Coats is going to prove to be a money pit meanwhile Brisbane are even worse. The Gold Coast experiment has folly written all over it.

Any news regarding uebergang injury progress ?

There was a report on Alex Pearce in the HBF injury update dated 01.08.2017 stating Alex Pearce had upped his running and weight training load.

http://m.fremantlefc.com.au/video/2017-08-01/hbf-injury-update-1-august-2017.mobileapp

Jason Webber provided a report about Uber a couple months back along with some training reports but nothing since. I've heard bugger all on Zac Clarke with the most being some training reporters stating he popped his head out from the Gym a couple of times. Not looking at all good for either of Uber or Clarke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back