Injury 2017 - Injury List

Remove this Banner Ad

Uber is in full training, was at the Peel game yesterday and looked fit as. Brady Grey also at the Peel game.

Yeah, it seems that you guys said he started training fully a month or so ago but they don't appear prepared to let him play this year. Can only hope that is a positive sign that he has been put in cotton wool for next year but I kinda doubt it.

Yeah, it seems that you guys said he started training fully a month or so ago but they don't appear prepared to let him play this year. Can only hope that is a positive sign that he has been put in cotton wool for next year but I kinda doubt it.

I understand if it happens, AFL is a ruthless business, but I hope not. I think Ueber has real potential. Want to see him given a real shot.

Freo Top of the ladder , North come second .

[
Fair enough, although non-finalists put players out to pasture earlier. I'd like to see a report on how many we expect to be ready for the start of pre-season training.
North could go top with 3 TBC waiting to change to season.

Gold Coast are the Brisbane Bears Mk II. Remember when the Bears played at Carrara? Totally unprofessional and uncompetitive. The players went up there were only interested in working on their tans and partying. Gold Coats is going to prove to be a money pit meanwhile Brisbane are even worse. The Gold Coast experiment has folly written all over it.
nope, not even close. Brisbane Bears only had 35 players back in 1987. Even then Most of them were Either Old veterans at the end of their careers and Young guys that were rejects and duds from other clubs.

Suns in 2011 Were made up of Some decent 23-28 year olds in their prime and a lot of teenagers. Bloody big difference between the 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nope, not even close. Brisbane Bears only had 35 players back in 1987. Even then Most of them were Either Old veterans at the end of their careers and Young guys that were rejects and duds from other clubs.

Suns in 2011 Were made up of Some decent 23-28 year olds in their prime and a lot of teenagers. Bloody big difference between the 2.
You are wrong name me their 23-28 year old and their injuries list of important players are badly hit this year than 2011.

Marc Lock 1
Zac Smith 2
Jared Brennan 3
Maverick Weller 4
Jarrod Harbrow 5
Alik Magin 6
Karmichael Hunt 7
Luke Russell 8
Gary Ablett 9
Lewis Moss 10
Jack Stanlake 12
Hayden Jolly 13
Nathan Krakouer 14
Piers Flanagan 15
Rory Thompson 16
Josh Fraser 17
Trent Mckenzie 18
Joe Daye 19
Joshua Toy 20
Daniel Harris 21
Tom Nicholls 22
Charlie Dixon 23
David Swallow 24
Danny Stanley 25
Matt Shaw 26
Michael Coad 27
Roland AhChee 28
Taylor Hine 29
Campbell Brown 30
Jack Stanley 31
Brandon Matera 32
Rex Liddy 33
Jack Hutchins 34
Michael Rischetelli 35
Sam Iles 36
Harley Benell 37
Joel Wilkinson 38
Sam Day 39
Tom Hickey 40
Dion Prestia 41
Josh Caddy 42
Liam Patrick 43
Nathan Bock 44
Steven May 45
Tom Lynch 46
Daniel Gorringe 47
Seb Tape 48
Jacob Gilbee 49
Jeremy Taylor 50
Jake Crawford 51
Joel Tippett 52
Alex Keath 53
Nathan Ablett 55

Any chance we could poach the medicos from Port? They have just two on their injury list - one is a test, the other 1 week. They've been pretty injury free all year from memory.

Arsenal have already poached their head of fitness. I've also read they have the most qualified staff, in terms of number of PhDs and so forth.

It's completely delusional to not accept that the quality of medical teams varies greatly amongst clubs, and we have one of the worst. The evidence is clear.

Arsenal have already poached their head of fitness. I've also read they have the most qualified staff, in terms of number of PhDs and so forth.

It's completely delusional to not accept that the quality of medical teams varies greatly amongst clubs, and we have one of the worst. The evidence is clear.
That's Darren Burgess- the most experienced and qualified Sports Scientist in Aus. He was at Liverpool FC before Port Adelaide managed to hire him. He's been huge for the Power, was responsible for their rapid rise to the finals in 2014. So close to the Grand Final.

But you're right. Fremantle seems to have an average medical team, with a few injuries not manged efficiently and effectively. Not sure why it's not reviewed intensively. Pretty staggering that the soft tissue injuries, particularly calf issues, don't tend to heal/recover as quick as it would at other clubs. Doing well in terms of development as well as infrastructure but the next step has to be within the medical area- something to change, regenerate.

I think that's why we hired that rowing dude to develop the shit staff and sack them if need be

Burgess has cut some sort of deal with Arsenal which permits him to retain involvement of some form with Port.
I have an idea that Jason Weber and Burgess have worked professionally together and have had some sort of business together.
I don't think it's quite as simple as Port have had the best and we've got a bunch of duds on the payroll.

Do we have any evidence Zac C is still alive? I'm starting to wonder if he might have been "Snowtowned" and the rest of the boys are splitting his contract payment. :eek:

Yep, is occasionally around at uni. Seemed fine apart from compression bandage (nothing hectic) on the offending knee.

Theres a lot of luck involved in having short injury list. From memory, Freo had hardly any during the start of 2015 which was reflective of their 9-0 start.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back