List Mgmt. 2017 Trade/Draft/FA SuperMegaUltra Thread - Post Trade-Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

**** all of you.
13 Clark
21 Constable
26 Kelly
32 Worpal
37 Taylor
69 Brayshaw
+ Ah Chee

Clark, Constable, Worpal, Ah Chee = The bash brothers. Add Shuey, Sheed + Venables and that is a very hard midfield.

On a side note can we just draft stephenson and have pat mcginnity or rojo take one for the team and give the kid a heart transplant.

This is a football forum, my apologies for making it anything else.
It's not though. It's a forum about family law advice and gym routines for gaining serious mass.

Occasionally some dweeb brings up footy, but thankfully that doesn't last long and we get back on track.

O'Brien getting seriously underated by this board imo. The best kick in the draft great pace and line breaking ability think Issac Smith. He is a poor contested player though and thats the worry but if he had it all he would go top 3. If Clark, Higgins, Bonar, Coffield are gone then i reckon he is a good choice

OBrien at 13 isnt a bad choice IMO. A genuine mid wirh skills we need who can hurt the opposition by foot. A massive upgrade on Masten and we used pick 3 on him.

Later in the draft we add contested ball winning mids and one tall.

It was more about the indicative picks but if you are accusing me of showing who I want, guilty as charged.

That said, if we had Clark at 13, Constable at 21 and Kelly at 26, I would probably pass on Worpel at 32 and make sure we get a Moore or Spargo. So definitely OK to read something into it.
Turns out I misinterpreted your post last night. Sorry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think a lot of the media are guessing. In a few articles i have seen them they say WC are the hardest to predict in this years draft and they do the following to come up with a conclusion:

A: JK is old so they look at a local forward who did well - Oscar Allen despite the fact he is shorter than Darling.

B: WC need a small forward so lets look at the indigenous forward who kicked 70+ goals despite the fact he is 184cms and NOT a small forward. They also forget we have a Rioli who IS a small forward.

WC know they have to nail this draft and i think they are throwing some red hearings in there to see if they can snare some sliders.

It seems there is a bit of a desire for Worpel with a couple of posters. Personally I just don't see his 'kick and hope' style appealing to our recruiters. We may consider him on the basis that there aren't many 'pure mids' in that 21-37 range but I would be genuinely surprised if he becomes an Eagle on Friday.

I think a lot of the media are guessing. In a few articles i have seen them they say WC are the hardest to predict in this years draft and they do the following to come up with a conclusion:

A: JK is old so they look at a local forward who did well - Oscar Allen despite the fact he is shorter than Darling.

B: WC need a small forward so lets look at the indigenous forward who kicked 70+ goals despite the fact he is 184cms and NOT a small forward. They also forget we have a Rioli who IS a small forward.

WC know they have to nail this draft and i think they are throwing some red hearings in there to see if they can snare some sliders.
I'd like to think that the club are keeping their options open and have a wide range of players they're considering but remaining flexible as who might be still available at 13 may shape their thinking with later picks. As AsterixTheGaul and Monocle have been saying it seems there's a plethora of players in that 15-40 range to choose from that are of similar quality underscoring why we were keen to get the extra picks we did

I like the clubs thinking and feel we'll be pleasantly surprised come Friday evening as they have formed a clear plan for the trade and draft period to reshape our list significantly.

It seems there is a bit of a desire for Worpel with a couple of posters. Personally I just don't see his 'kick and hope' style appealing to our recruiters. We may consider him on the basis that there aren't many 'pure mids' in that 21-37 range but I would be genuinely surprised if he becomes an Eagle on Friday.

Are you kidding? Thats our favourite style of player..we just got rid of one so we obviously need another.. :p

That is absolutely nothing to scoff at! Tbh he is the type of player we need and maybe he doesn't put a huge amount of defensive pressure on but hey, if he's potentially the next eddie betts surely you just go with it

We have a need for his skill set but the big question that I had after watching him live is the same that a number of TAC watchers in Melbourne have on Petrucelle. Great speed but can he use this at an AFL level. He was batting to use it at U18 level this year which is why he was tried as a back pocket and HBF. His games on the wing saw him unable to be involved for long enough. He also spends a lot of time watching as he does not have the footy smarts knowing where to be. Rather a crucial thing for an outside mid.

Are we going to be patient enough with a Petrucelle to warrant drafting him? Not with the development that I have noticed at EP and with our youngsters.

So agree with you on great attributes. Where would you play him?
I would play him as a forward Flank as that defensive forward. Give him the job of cutting off the half back play maker. He's excellent one on one for that hurried congestion kick from a center stoppage, they can't run off when he's on your tail and he'll rush whoever is kicking it. If the balls turned over his pace will kill you on the rebound the opposition wouldn't be able to let him get goal side.

That is absolutely nothing to scoff at! Tbh he is the type of player we need and maybe he doesn't put a huge amount of defensive pressure on but hey, if he's potentially the next eddie betts surely you just go with it

The fact he is has NO defensive pressure is why i dont want him with our ND picks. Eddie Betts does that in spades which is why he is A grade. Chad jones kicked totals of 85 , 77 and 63 goals in the WAFl....So it doesn't always translate well. Look i am willing to back him in for a late pick or the rookie draft but for a second rounder...

I reckon we need to recruit to play small ball, 1 kpf and 5 quick players in the forward line. Move the ball fast and not bomb into the forward line better off to kick to leads or kick chaos balls.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2017 Trade/Draft/FA SuperMegaUltra Thread - Post Trade-Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back