List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & FA Targets Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevo on channel 7 said stringer happy to go to Geelong. Tigers north and definitely saints interested.

Also McCartin seen at the cattery getting out of a lift with matty knights....
I

I thought Geelong couldn't trade picks this year due to trading futures in the past

Gaff not coming to Saints - Eagles will be cutting there list and could not afford to lose him , they will pay him what ever he wants.
Rocky also not coming , other teams have had him on there radar way before we have looked at him.
This is good for us really because it leaves the trade targets we want to get.
We are in a great position to get who we want with our first 2 first round draft picks and next years and if Kelly is available we should be able to get him, however I hope we can secure a couple more in the draft with Kelly . We need another tall , quick backman and another mid if possible.

Sounds like there are a lot of internal divisions which have manifested this year.

SEN also indicated the WB CEO might be leaving and that all is not well between their Recruiting Manager and List Manager.
You might find there is problems with the coach. Love him match day hate him every other day

Stevo on channel 7 said stringer happy to go to Geelong. Tigers north and definitely saints interested.

He was there watching his brother play though.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
MaCartin is contracted and we have spent to much on him to get rid of him , now we need him and next year we will see him on the park and ready to perform , why would we trade him now, what a joke.

Off topic: Was at a party last night and they had the original #3 locker from Moorabbin in the hallway. Jack Steven even popped in to sign it. How good's that!
4b2f3c37a5c40e791fe6f476b9fec195.jpg
c65b284e08e62341632ee89a70593c46.jpg

Last edited:

He was there watching his brother play though.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Get Jelly done and then see what we can sort out later. String is not going to be cheap probably.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MaCartin is contracted and we have spent to much on him to get rid of him , now we need him and next year we will see him on the park and ready to perform , why would we trade him now, what a joke.

Charles McCartin (Paddy's bro who was playing)
My Dads the coach and Matty Knights and my brother are assistant coaches and they were getting in the lift to go to the coaches box

Source: his twitter account

Kelly has a much more balanced game than Gaff.

Much more capable of playing on the inside (2.5 times more clearances this year and about 50% more contested possessions) and far better defensively from a tackling and pressure-act POV. Has also kicked 3 times more goals and had substantially less clangers.

Kelly plays inside and out and can win his own ball a lot more, Gaff better at the spread. The two would be handy but then we nd to leave out another mid.

It would certainly be interesting to see what we'd get Kelly for if he nominates us and we were able to do a trade for pick 2 and say 19 or 22ish.

Would 2 alone do it? Or 2 plus Lonie? If so that would be a brillo result.

Would give us 19/22 as further trade assets along with say next year's picks, or we could grab one of the many good KPD options in this draft with that pick.

Get Jelly done and then see what we can sort out later. String is not going to be cheap probably.
If club wants to cut him, then we can get him cheaper than if he wanted out/we were chasing him. Still not going to be cheap though. But, can probably get him for a reasonable cost that will keep all parties happy.

I know Gaff pulled out of a crucial contest late in the game and when its your time to go , go .
But Gaff was absolutely fantastic on his wing last night , his run and left foot delivery in a high pressure game was outstanding.
Without Gaff last night WCE wouldve lost by 5 goals .........match winner ? Probably.

Hi opponent was pretty good too !

Lions 1-14-18
Suns 2-19
Blues 3 trade Gibbs most probably
Roos 4
Dockers 5
Magpies 6
Saints 7-8 we are far better position than any team
Dogs 9
Demons 10
Eagles 11
Dons 12
Swans 13
Tigers 15-16
Crows 17 trade Lever most probably

these teams will need to trade player or players to get higher draft pick or player
Hawks 32 ?
Port 31 Trengrove
Cats 20 Motlop , Menzal

So these 3 teams could be counted out of any big name players , unless they lose someone they can't afford to lose.

I can see only one team able to compete with us to get Kelly and that is Carlton and that would require the Blues to do some horse trading with Gibbs.

Lions 1-14-18
Suns 2-19
Roos 4
Dockers 5
Magpies 6
Dogs 9
Demons 10
Eagles 11
Dons 12
Swans 13
Tigers 15-16

these teams will need to trade player or players to get higher draft pick or player
Hawks 32 ?
Port 31 Trengrove
Cats 20 Motlop , Menzal

So these 3 teams could be counted out of any big name players , unless they lose someone they can't afford to lose.

I can see only one team able to compete with us to get Kelly and that is Carlton and that would require the Blues to do some horse trading with Gibbs.
Giants first kick id's something like 60 so theyll be wanting to trade up also

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lions 1-14-18
Suns 2-19
Roos 4
Dockers 5
Magpies 6
Dogs 9
Demons 10
Eagles 11
Dons 12
Swans 13
Tigers 15-16

Hawks 32 ?
Port 31 Trengrove
Cats 20 Motlop , Menzal

413124_594d68b8e25dcd81eeed5fffed092c24.GIF

Gaff not coming to Saints - Eagles will be cutting there list and could not afford to lose him , they will pay him what ever he wants.
Rocky also not coming , other teams have had him on there radar way before we have looked at him.
This is good for us really because it leaves the trade targets we want to get.
We are in a great position to get who we want with our first 2 first round draft picks and next years and if Kelly is available we should be able to get him, however I hope we can secure a couple more in the draft with Kelly . We need another tall , quick backman and another mid if possible.
Gaff will be a free agent in a year , I'd entertain the idea then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back