List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & FA Targets Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelly is a young gun but at the trade price and the contract amounts mentioned I was never that keen.

I have watched him a lot this year and he is the type of player we really need big tank, outside run and uses it well but he us not unique or a once in a generation player.

Lets be honest he doesn't look like a game turner to me his value to us was always going to be his impact on the side not carrying us on his back, he's gaff but he wins his own ball and tackles.

We are young enough to draft our own champions and a free agent or salary dump deal will take care of the cap.

If we get him great if not so what.

Was very surprised to see Stringer at the VFL today given all the media attention of late that he's disgruntled with the club and wants out. Fair to say he was trying to keep a very low profile though. Was always surrounded by teammates as well, possibly so he wouldn't be harassed which would be understandable.

Rather go to the draft then get Stringer.

Don't trade just to do trades pls Ameet.
Stringer is a single-handed matchwinner when on song, damn near unstoppable.

Sure he's a Grade A flogzilla, but he's got that something we lack; swagger.

I was told Kelly at GWS for 2 more years, then to Norf.

Disappointing this; no Martin, potentially no Kelly... Stringer is not the membership draw card we were hoping for...

There is talent in the top 15 of the draft though, and we're going twice.
If we keep our picks, what is best case at 7/8?

Stringer is a single-handed matchwinner when on song, damn near unstoppable.

Sure he's a Grade A flogzilla, but he's got that something we lack; swagger.
If stringer and jelly both play great games who has more impact, stringer by a mile imho.

Kelly is more likely to turn up and deliver a 25 - 35 game week in week out he's a very good fit for us but he just doesn't excite me watching him play.

I also don't see him coping a hard tag so what does that say about how the opposition view him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was reading today that Essendon have also now opened up about wanting jelly. I know they've probably always been keen, but they have openly declared interest now (not that they have the trade currency but anyhow..)

With the ever increasing demand for his services, his wage is rising by the day.

I actually reckon he'd be mad to stay now.

This might be a once in a lifetime chance for him. All the stars have aligned for him right now. Who's to say it'll be the same in 2 years.

Take the money and run

If stringer and jelly both play great games who has more impact, stringer by a mile imho.

Kelly is more likely to turn up and deliver a 25 - 35 game week in week out he's a very good fit for us but he just doesn't excite me watching him play.

I also don't see him coping a hard tag so what does that say about how the opposition view him.

I want to win matches regularly (gun mids) not watch season highlight videos on youtube (stringer)

And we also lack 'campaigner' & he's got it in spades ;)

And a bit of x-factor.
We've seen his best, just got to help him reclaim it and maybe a fresh start is just what he needs.

Getting a bit dizzy with this on again/ off again Kelly thing so I've decided to just expect nothing till the papers are signed, or not.

....Of course, that all might change with another post from those who really claim to know :D

I'm more scared off the field mate. Of all clubs we can't have bad publicity re stuff that goes down.

If he manages to sort his shit out like Jakey did then yes for sure I'd be happy to give that up but not keen at all to get most of the dogs players.

Macrae and Bont aside.
If Koby was seen as a good leader to the younger pups at the Kennel the it could work in favour. I'd also make sure someone like Riewoldt was with him every now and again if possible. We've got some good people around the club that can help anyone with issues. Not to say the dogs don't, but a change of scenery could work.

I'm more scared off the field mate. Of all clubs we can't have bad publicity re stuff that goes down.

If he manages to sort his shit out like Jakey did then yes for sure I'd be happy to give that up but not keen at all to get most of the dogs players.

Macrae and Bont aside.
Yeah, I hear that.

I want to win matches regularly (gun mids) not watch season highlight videos on youtube (stringer)
Yes stringer doesn't address our need for outside run, but there are some cheap options that I would look at.

If you want a seagull who will come cheap then we could do worse than picking up Hartung. The guy has a huge engine and uses the ball well enough, he trained with the saints and we would be well aware of his abilities.

My first choice was always to hit the draft/free agency and to trade smartly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back