List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & FA Targets Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought you guys might be interested in something Joe Riewoldt tweeted? He wrote "I don't think josh Kelly wants to go to North" Which is interesting given the rumour Nick apparently had a successful phone call with Josh..

Incorrect...Tassie

IMG_3474.jpg

Triggering tweet from the Riewoldt clan

Suppose it's all about timing for me.

If we hit the draft and take players at 7 and 8 or trade up to 1 or 2, then we are still waiting a few years until they peak.

For one or two players that's not too bad but if our young guns (Acres, Billings, McCartin etc...) aren't mostly premiership ready for say 3-4 years then Carlisle, Steven, Bruce etc are around 30ish and it really shortens our window.

Then again who's to say that White, Rice, Marshall etc...aren't regulars in the team by then and have surpassed some of the others. More of a gamble though and better for the age profile of the list to add known quantities at this stage.

If Koby was seen as a good leader to the younger pups at the Kennel the it could work in favour. I'd also make sure someone like Riewoldt was with him every now and again if possible. We've got some good people around the club that can help anyone with issues. Not to say the dogs don't, but a change of scenery could work.
He wasn't.

I've wanted all along to keep the 2 picks... think drafting 2 top 10 picks will inject some enthusiasm and ensure our age profile is better spread out and ensure a longer run at the top

Problem is though is that by the time they are staring, that Steven and Armo will be past their best or gone. So we are just treading water.

There is a reason the usual ITK don't know what's going on.. Door is slammed shut.. I repeat deal done 6 yrs..

I love you josh... whoops, I mean John ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never invest too much in these guys until I see them in a saints jumper, until then their just opposition players I would like.

I do get pissed about blokes like robbo when he was uncontracted because he's a saint and we all have our favourites.

Basically **** them if they don't play for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back