2017 Trade & FA Targets - The Last Supper #Ameetos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many naysayers. “Next year is a deep draft!” Really? Is it? Or are there just 5 or 6 top end 17 year olds who look great? Surely it’s too early to know if it’ll be deep.

2 top ten picks and one second is a good hand, considering our list is already pretty good and entering its prime.

If I was a Gold Coast supporter then I’d be fuming right now, missing out in one of Rayner or LDU for Weller? Now THAT is something to melt over.

fair call. we dont know how deep it is yet, i dont think. we wont know that until next year

but the top end looks ****ing amazeballs and it runs deep at the top end. theres half a dozen of next years kids that i rate better than this years pick 1

I am hoping he slides likre Battle last year and that long haired campaigner that Brisbane drafted before we picked White.

Oh and there you go, we got White @ 40

theres handful of WA kids i am salivating over at pick 34 or what ever we have, that could/should be available

very very quick or strong running outside types too

theres handful of WA kids i am salivating over at pick 34 or what ever we have, that could/should be available

very very quick or strong running outside types too
Would this explain W/C pick shuffling ?

Do you think Ryan might be about?

i am hoping his poor WAFL GF could see him slide, but sadly i think WCE will pounce early

but there are others available. gorton narrier is one that should be available that is lightning quick and good on the outside. he's a winger. played seniors for Perth FC in the WAFL who are absolute shit house. Clinton Jones plays with them so he would have the inside word on him. i'd love him at the saints

another is cal england, reminds me a lot of a young Joey Montagna. he could go early though. very under-rated like a lot of the WA talent because its just out of sight out of mind

Ainsworth will be gone inside the 1st round. strong inside type with big hands long arms. great through traffic. he's your mundy/cripps type. but if he got to our pick 34 i'd snap him up just for depth/trade or him going past some other inside types

Our 2018 2nd rounder is not a 'junkyard' pick. It could be a very good player that we've given away...

My apologies, the original post was confusing. By junkyard picks I was referring to the 4th rounders this year we won't use anyway. Those picks were effectively worthless. For me the trade was as simple as pick 34 this year for next years 2nd rounder (probably around pick 26 or so).

Yes we lose that trade on paper, but it is hardly a disaster. If there is a player or 2 we have our eye that we think we can get than this trade makes sense. If we want to get back into the second round next year it won't be that hard. We could start with offloading a half back flanker.

Would this explain W/C pick shuffling ?

i think the WCE have realised that the WA talent in this draft is actually quite strong and a lot of it is going under the radar, simply because its out of sight out of mind of the media/mock draft types

remember sumich (WA U18 head coach) still has good ties to WCE. WCE have a fantastic record of identifying the smokie WA talent that just doesnt get the kodus it should. people are pretty bullish on the talent

i do think WCE fall back is worst case, they've got a compo pick 1st round selection coming in next year be it by trade or FA

my message to everyone on here would be dont crack the shits until closer to the draft as i think it will be more obvious then whats going to be available at pick 34 and its not as bad as we think

the reality is if we want to get back into the 2nd round in 2018, it should be easier to do. strong draft = more movement + you can always trade in a future 2nd, like we did now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our trade is confusing, but pick 2 for Lachie Weller will go down as one of the all time bad trades.
I think he'll be at least a very good player and he's actually chosen to go there. If they grabbed Dow they probably have him leave in 2 years. They are desperate basically.

i think the WCE have realised that the WA talent in this draft is actually quite strong and a lot of it is going under the radar, simply because its out of sight out of mind of the media/mock draft types

remember sumich still has good ties to WCE. WCE have a fantastic record of identifying the smokie WA talent that just doesnt get the kodus it should

i do think WCE fall back is worst case, they've got a compo pick 1st round selection coming in next year be it by trade or FA

my message to everyone on here would be dont crack the shits until closer to the draft as i think it will be more obvious then whats going to be available at pick 34 and its not as bad as we think

the reality is if we want to get back into the 2nd round in 2018, it should be easier to do. strong draft = more movement + you can always trade in a future 2nd, like we did now

I reckon the chances of getting who you want at 34 are huge unless you are getting an unknown so you don't need that pick anyway. The pick swap is madness until draft day. As for sort of being part of the Logan trade well the guy is worth stuff all anyway so I would doubt that. Let's hope the pick swap pays dividends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too many naysayers. “Next year is a deep draft!” Really? Is it? Or are there just 5 or 6 top end 17 year olds who look great? Surely it’s too early to know if it’ll be deep.

2 top ten picks and one second is a good hand, considering our list is already pretty good and entering its prime.

If I was a Gold Coast supporter then I’d be fuming right now, missing out in one of Rayner or LDU for Weller? Now THAT is something to melt over.

Just you wait!

This time next year it will be "this years (2018) draft is shallow, if only we could trade into next years instead!"

It's rubbish repeated every year, every footy fan knows it and it bothers me irrationally that's it's still said like it's fact...

Just you wait!

This time next year it will be "this years (2018) draft is shallow, if only we could trade into next years instead!"

It's rubbish repeated every year, every footy fan knows it and it bothers me irrationally that's it's still said like it's fact...
Funny. Was listening to the Junktime podcast in Feb. Had on an ex list manager who said this draft top 10 was chokers with KPP's and then lots of quality mids.

Dont know what happened between then and now but where are these KPP's?

Things change. Hunter Clarke was head and shoulders standout in under 16's.

once you get over the shock of it all, it might make sense, we will use the 2nd round pick

however, not all clubs have a presence in the first two rounds. there's also some academy and father son players in there. so that pick will go up the order

you tend to get quick outside types around that mark and it gives us 12 months head start on that development

also because the draft is better next year, there should be more movement. picks and players

Makes heaps of sense, apparently the top end of this draft had 4 good players then average players to around 20 to 25 and then list cloggers. Next year deep and chock full of top end talent. We went all in to get some turds in the 30s and 40s this year when next year is supposedly going to have picks in the 20s that are better than this years first rounders. I admire your optimism but we just shat the bed and rolled in it.

Ameet must have gone admiring his new found fame and tried to perform some miracles, unfortunately this trade period was the equivalent of starting with loaves of bread then dropping them in water to turn them into fish but ending up with a bucket of bread slurry.

On face value:

We got a late 2nd round pick & a player worth about pick 70

We gave up a mid-2nd round & mid-3rd round pick

So in your eyes do you see that as a win?

Personally we should have offered up pick 45 for him and left next years picks alone (stronger draft is the word).

I'm disappointed simply being that teams around us have strengthen their team dramatically (Port,Ess, Melb, even dogs with Schache) while we done nothing to improve. Yes we will be improve naturally due to a young squad, but so will every other team around us.

Absolutely no comment.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Started with Fyfe, Dusty and Kelly signed ended with Austin Powers and selling all our future picks. Top trade period. Lucky we got that carlton legend who is our elite talent scout. I'd say St Kilda and North are battling it out for the most embarrassing trade period of 2017. Both promised the world and came home with **** all. We didn't even get Fatlop....Fatlop for **** sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back