List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & Free Agency Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
so does Geelong pay Lang's contract? Swallow may be excessive to our needs but he would be fantastic for GC, good leader and role model, something those kids need desperately, so why are we paying his salary to get an uncontracted player?
So we don't have to use a pick on him.

GC want a player who's salary is being paid for cos of Garry's fronted contract. They just want to keep face and fill like Garry hasn't screwed them over money.

Not sure if the cats can pay Lang's contact as he doesn't have one for next year.

If your trade values him at 33 wouldn’t we be better suited trading 44?

Draft points don’t really have any meaning if you aren’t using them for father sons or academy picks.
Hence the question, as I was uneducated on your clubs most likely plans for this drafting period. A split of pick 4 for 19 and 21 to pick up a Jack Watts type, or a Stringer without paying overs, or using the points to pick up a Father Son.

Sounds like you'll be heading to the draft with pick 4 though.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post here, let me know if that's the case.

I see that Lang has toured Arden St today. He's a great outside mid/half forward type player that's been unlucky to miss out on games at Geelong.

Curious to see how a trade gets done, I would assume a straight swap would be your pick 44 for Lang.

Another Question, what are your plans for Pick 4? Are you wanting to split it into two picks to trade with, or are you going to the draft? With the Motlop compo, Geelong would have picks 19 and 21.

Would you do Lang + 19 + 21 for 4 + 44?
Lang + 1,826 points for 2,396 points
Values Lang at Pick 32/33 (570 points) by the AFL point Draft values table.

Hi John,

Was thinkin..... you ever worked for Hawthorn?

so does Geelong pay Lang's contract? Swallow may be excessive to our needs but he would be fantastic for GC, good leader and role model, something those kids need desperately, so why are we paying his salary to get an uncontracted player?

Could be that in order to take Swallow GC need a chunk of his contract paid. We recognise that he wants to play his final season with his brother, do everything we can to facilitate a trade as a thanks for his incredible service, and retain some salary towards minimum cap payments in 2018.

Hence the question, as I was uneducated on your clubs most likely plans for this drafting period. A split of pick 4 for 19 and 21 to pick up a Jack Watts type, or a Stringer without paying overs, or using the points to pick up a Father Son.

Would you take 74, 96, 113, 135 for pick 50

Mate - if we have the choice of Dow Stephenson Cerra Davies-Uniake or Rayner then where do you reckon we are going - draft all the way. I’d suggest you go do a bit of research on the top 10 and see if you can screw some other club over to scrounge a top 10 pick.

Ohhh and Rooboy96 dice say NOOO!!!

Lang at a third round is a steal - 21 years old 50 games has pace can kick a goal can play mid or forward. I was impressed with his two finals - really what would you get with pick 44 that’s better. Draft Stephenson at 4 and get another decent one at 21 and that’s a good draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lang at a third round is a steal - 21 years old 50 games has pace can kick a goal can play mid or forward. I was impressed with his two finals - really what would you get with pick 44 that’s better. Draft Stephenson at 4 and get another decent one at 21 and that’s a good draft.

Couldn't nail down a regular spot in a club with very little in the way of young talent, and veterans retiring every year..

Last edited:
Couldn't nail down a spot in a regular club with very little in the way of young talent, and veterans retiring every year..

Doesn’t mean he’s no good and was injured for most of the first part of this year. Really wasn’t available until about rd 17 if I remember rightly. Pretty impressive 2 finals off the back of all that makes it a good deal if we don’t give up more than a 3rd rounder. Also need to take account that they’ll have Ablett plus Corey Gregson and Lincoln McCarthy back from injury so he’s going to struggle for a game. I think given the opportunity to play he’d be a good get.

Mate - if we have the choice of Dow Stephenson Cerra Davies-Uniake or Rayner then where do you reckon we are going - draft all the way. I’d suggest you go do a bit of research on the top 10 and see if you can screw some other club over to scrounge a top 10 pick.

Ohhh and Rooboy96 dice say NOOO!!!
:thumbsu:

Was really impressed by Lang in their Semi Final vs the Swans, would be a great pick up for a late pick. Only young and has good pace and skills, could really improve with more midfield time and getting an extended run in the 1’s.

i really must have missed a LOT here , but somewhone again tell me why the hell we wound want Skinner OR Lang? are we really so short of forwards but flush with quality midfilders???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back