List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & Free Agency Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea rightio. Have a good trade period.

A great trade period for me ends with us hitting the draft with our picks intact or even adding another one or two. Geelong still feel they have they have a window of opportunity. So hell would need to freeze over for us to give up pick 4 when rebuilding. Why and I'm serious would you think we'd do that bloody deal?

A great trade period for me ends with us hitting the draft with our picks intact or even adding another one or two. Geelong still feel they have they have a window of opportunity. So hell would need to freeze over for us to give up pick 4 when rebuilding. Why and I'm serious would you think we'd do that bloody deal?
If you guys were seriously considering a Father/Son prospect it would be a way to boost the number of points you had. No other valid reason to the question no?

If you guys were seriously considering a Father/Son prospect it would be a way to boost the number of points you had. No other valid reason to the question no?

You're a year too early I reckon. We've got a handful to go for next year although the argument is if we had 4 in 2018 we'd still be going to the draft. It's not meant to be.

Thanks for your input though John, normally when opposition supporters sneak in here with a "sorry for intruding" or the like they tend to make us very sorry they intruded. You're a breath of fresh air :thumbsu:

I don't think we have any this year. You might be thinking of Tarryn Thomas who is in our Tassie zone for next year. Also next year (or year after?) Blakey's son is eligible.

Unless I'm wrong, I don't think we have FS on the way.

Also would think 44 is max for Lang, but I'd love him at our club. We could use some speed and I could see him playing 100. (Though I think best case scenario)

The issue is mckay and durdin have both shown more down back. That leaves us with larkey, brown, and wood. So 1 raw talent, a star, and a player that can't stay fit. Sure we could swing durdin forward but it doesn't appear to suit him or us as much. Although, he did play well against brisbane. In saying that even i would have kicked 4 sausage rolls that day.
what about that young whipper snapper that kicked a lazy 5 goals in half a game in the forward line, i think his name was something like Jack. his last name was pretty similar to our skippers surname. do you reckon he could make a good forward??

I don't think we have any this year. You might be thinking of Tarryn Thomas who is in our Tassie zone for next year. Also next year (or year after?) Blakey's son is eligible.

Also would think 44 is max for Lang, but I'd love him at our club. We could use some speed and I could see him playing 100. (Though I think best case scenario)
We don't have any this year but we have a NGA and 3 F/s in 2018.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Intersting. I also think that Lang will go for pick 44.

You're a year too early I reckon. We've got a handful to go for next year although the argument is if we had 4 in 2018 we'd still be going to the draft. It's not meant to be.

Thanks for your input though John, normally when opposition supporters sneak in here with a "sorry for intruding" or the like they tend to make us very sorry they intruded. You're a breath of fresh air :thumbsu:
Well it's not often I go to a board and receive 30 responses. I can't know if I don't ask, and I trust an opposition supporter's opinion above Mark Robbinson's daily ramble newspaper articles.

Good Luck :thumbsu:

bugger, I thought it was two years, how badly does Mayne want out?

I think it's safe to assume that he wants $1.35 million a lot more than he wants out.

Fair enough. So you'll be going the draft route this off season you'd think?
Same as every off season, yes. It's been many years since North has done anything with picks in the first 2-3 rounds except draft with them - bit of play with late pick potential-value trades, and signing free agents.

It's just a nice change to have a pick anywhere near the top so it would need to be something very special for North to consider a switch from drafting with it to trading it. Kelly-type special.

Could be that in order to take Swallow GC need a chunk of his contract paid. We recognise that he wants to play his final season with his brother, do everything we can to facilitate a trade as a thanks for his incredible service, and retain some salary towards minimum cap payments in 2018.

I happy to have the club facilitate Andrew's wish, but if we are paying part of his salary I want a bit more than an uncontracted player in return, GC have plenty of 2nd round picks, one could argue they have too many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back