List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & Free Agency Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just asked a reasonably well connected Geelong person on Lang: "good player, good pace, plenty of upside. Kicks it pretty well. Will never be an A grader, but a good second tier mid. Just needs to play"

I respect his opinion, so yeah, get him in.

It’s pretty apparent he’s value.
A touch on the vanilla side of the equation, but he’s never going to get a shot ahead of Selwood, Dangerfield or Duncan so he’s had limited exposure for long periods.

I’d be willing at 44 with a swap of future 3rds.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s pretty apparent he’s value.
A touch on the vanilla side of the equation, but he’s never going to get a shot ahead of Selwood, Dangerfield or Duncan so he’s had limited exposure for long periods.

I’d be willing at 44 with a swap of future 3rds.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I happy to have the club facilitate Andrew's wish, but if we are paying part of his salary I want a bit more than an uncontracted player in return

Why though? So we can "win" the trade or something? It's not like the club itself is paying the salary. If we get a player we like out of it then that's a good result, given Swallow is not going to provide any real on field benefit in 2018.

GC have plenty of 2nd round picks, one could argue they have too many.

They could have every pick in the second round and it wouldn't make Swallow worth one of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why though? So we can "win" the trade or something? It's not like the club itself is paying the salary. If we get a player we like out of it then that's a good result, given Swallow is not going to provide any real on field benefit in 2018.

has nothing to do with winning the trade (but that would be nice for a change) it has to do with improving our club, I think Andrew has been paid handsomely over his time at North, if we can facilitate a move for him that should be enough, we should not have to pay his salary or part of as well unless we get something in return that helps us, you do realise they already have 4 second round picks with more coming in, win win I say.

We'd need to trade for Lang as Carlton would take him in the PSD before our pick I would think.

has nothing to do with winning the trade (but that would be nice for a change) it has to do with improving our club, I think Andrew has been paid handsomely over his time at North, if we can facilitate a move for him that should be enough, we should not have to pay his salary or part of as well unless we get something in return that helps us, you do realise they already have 4 second round picks with more coming in, win win I say.

We do get something in return that helps us though - we would get Lang, a player the club likes and could potentially be in our best 22. That would seem to me like it was improving the club?

I do realise they have four second round picks but again, that doesn't make Swallow worth one of them. Paying some of his contract is irrelevant to us as we need to meet the minimum cap and we're going to be paying it anyway if he stays... it's not a d*ck measuring contest over who pays what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back