List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & Free Agency Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
we get Lang who I like, but Lang is uncontracted and from some reports has been told he won't be offered a contract. It's a bit like GC giving us Ablett for Mullett, can you see GC doing that? why do we have to be part of the Ablett deal? Lang for 62~

There are also reports that Carlton are interested and if so perhaps they are offering #57.

you may not value Swallow but I think he is exactly the type of player they need, they may not even realise it yet. ;)

I agree with you here I think Swallow is perfect for GC.

There are also reports that Carlton are interested and if so perhaps they are offering #57.

What Carlton are offering Geelong is irrelevant in this instance. Just got to sway the player. Do that sufficiently and this becomes a Marley deal.

He missed almost 2 thirds of the year injured. Geelong wanted to play him but couldn’t. Off a limited prep his 2 Finals were pretty good. Unfortunately he falls behind Ablett and also Gregson and McCarthy who return from injury. Based on his finals ha can play full time mid. We’d be mad not to consider him with a cheap deal.

If he is falling behind Gregson and McCarthy then he must be a dud because those two are very bloody average at best.

He's played midfield in the VFL and junior level. Maybe he hasn't had the opportunity at AFL level.

I'm not advocating that we sell the farm for him. If he came cheap he might be worth a shot.
yeah don't know much about him at all, but sounds good for the right price.

Unless the Cats want more than a Marley deal.

He's out of contract, they won't risk it.

(Ok, it won't quite be a Marley deal but we can get it done for our fourth rounder).

If he is falling behind Gregson and McCarthy then he must be a dud because those two are very bloody average at best.

No - they were in front of him and clearly Geelong rate them - that’s Geelongs call. I’d say on exposed form this year particularly the 2 finals Lang is ahead of them. BUT given past history he will fall behind them for a game. They’re not offering a contract so why wouldn’t we have a go. Whether Gregson and McCarthy are duds is Geelongs problem.

Not sure hes falling behind them he did play 10 games including 2 finals to there combined 3 games.

All 3 missed games due to injury - Gregson and McCarthy basically had season ending ones so they were already in front of the pecking order. Geelong obviously rate the other 2 and not Lang - seems strange based on his finals performance - but we might as well have a crack.

No - they were in front of him and clearly Geelong rate them - that’s Geelongs call. I’d say on exposed form this year particularly the 2 finals Lang is ahead of them. BUT given past history he will fall behind them for a game. They’re not offering a contract so why wouldn’t we have a go. Whether Gregson and McCarthy are duds is Geelongs problem.

Seriously Lang just isn't that good. Another half forward who will struggle to make the grade as a midfielder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps how many live picks will the Cats be taking to the draft?

Hard to say if they're trade active. End of the day though if they're shopping Lang and he selects us it makes it very hard for Carlton to even bother staying in the hunt.

All 3 missed games due to injury - Gregson and McCarthy basically had season ending ones so they were already in front of the pecking order. Geelong obviously rate the other 2 and not Lang - seems strange based on his finals performance - but we might as well have a crack.

Lang has played more total games than both McCarthy + Gregson even if you discount 2017. If he was behind them then youd assume he wouldve played less.

Did you watch the Sydney Final - full time midfield and played a pretty good game. That would be a reason we’ve gone after him - he can play mid or forward.

He played 2 good games for the entire season. One against Sydney in a final and one against Port Adelaide. In every single other game he was either mediocre or terrible.

Did u watch his game the following final after Sydney against Adelaide? He absolutely shits himself whenever there is the slightest bit of pressure resulting in turnovers. He was ineffective.

We need players who can turn up and play to a standard consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back