• Eric Hipwood

• Jonathan Freeman

• Jack Repath

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know. Haven't heard anything about it.
As for Stringer he would need to be brought to the club and told he's not in best 22. Not even top 25 and he had better get his arse into gear.
I'm not sure he's the type to respond well to that stuff and I can seriously see his career dwindling away in a few seasons. I'd rather dodge him even though the notion of getting him to pull his head in is appealing I just have shit vibes.
Schache I think is terribly overrated but has much scope for growth and improvement and obviously fills a need. If he's the right price I'd be content.
Dalhaus though if he wasn't a stupid price would slot straight into the rotation and plays just our type of game.
Agree RD in regards to Stringer.Too many ? marks hovering over him.Be great if Essendon sell the farm for him.Just desserts if it turns pear shaped.

Need an upgrade on Broad and George (most likely Bolton) as well as a tall forward IMO.
Broad is 24 and has played 10 games.
Castagna is 21 and has played 28 games.
Imagine when they have 50+ games of experience under the belt combined with their natural athleticism...
If we get the right offer though we should cash in and continue bolstering the list with talented youth.
George and Bolton are different types. Bolton will replace Edwards as that half forward/midfield type.

I wouldnt be in a rush to trade out any of our best 22/fringe players, i.e. Broad/George etc. They are only likely to improve next year and we may get more for them in a better draft, we already have ample picks this year to bolster our urgent needs.

Only offers I would be considering this year are godfather type offers, maybe Lennon being the exception they just dont seem to want to play him.

If we are being realistic, there may only be 3 players we will look to offload that will get us anything in return...

Miles, can't get a look in with us despite VFL form, a club may offer 3rd rounder in the hope its a cheap fix while their kids develop
Lloyd, defensive pressure and team attitude can't see LLyod in despite being given a massive free run in the first half of the year. Team needing an avenue to goal mat look for a short term fix... 4th rounder
Lennon, everyone acknowledges he has talent, its athleticism and effort that are questioned. I think he has improved his effort but he has some limitations. 3rd rounder a possibility but can't forget no-one really wanted to bid for him last year.

The more probable scenario will be these guys being the additional part to a bigger trade.

We won't get rid of Cellis, even if some think we should.

Anyone else who leaves us will only get picked up as a DFA in my opinion

Broad is 24 and has played 10 games.
Castagna is 21 and has played 28 games.
Imagine when they have 50+ games of experience under the belt combined with their natural athleticism...
If we get the right offer though we should cash in and continue bolstering the list with talented youth.
George and Bolton are different types. Bolton will replace Edwards as that half forward/midfield type.
I get what you're saying, but both Broad and George are incredibly limited footballers and not every player improves on a continuous upward trajectory. Some stagnate and some even go backwards.

As for Bolton, strange comment. He doesn't have the tank to replace Edwards. He will play Castagna's role. Both as pressure small forwards that can take a high mark.

Becoming quite clear that our changes will be:
Maric & Yarran retired
Batchelor Morris Hunt Elton delisted
Miles and/or Lennon traded.

Castagna Soldo elevated from rookie list.

That would leave 5-6 spots for the draft/trading.

Pretty good spot to be in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maric & Yarran retired

I don't think that's clear at all. We will take minimal juniors this year, keep senior depth and go hard at a better draft next year.

I don't think that's clear at all. We will take minimal juniors this year, keep senior depth and go hard at a better draft next year.
Don't see a reason to re-sign any of the delistings. Miles/Lennon may not stay if only getting 1 year deals. Seems pretty straight forward

Would we rookie jack trengove if miles left? solely for depth/vfl?

Personally I wouldn't, Id put corey ellis into the midfield to take on some responsibility in the guts.

Maric & Yarran retired

I would keep Batch

Am I gonna get called a party pooper if I suggest we should just hang onto our picks and draft some promising talls in the trade thread? Our team looks like we have found a solid way of playing with the talent we have, we should look at building for sustained success now. One thing I would say is we have been kissed on the d* this year from an injury standpoint on key talls... Griffiths aside. Lose one of Rance, astvury, nank or jack and we are skroooed

Am I gonna get called a party pooper if I suggest we should just hang onto our picks and draft some promising talls in the trade thread? Our team looks like we have found a solid way of playing with the talent we have, we should look at building for sustained success now. One thing I would say is we have been kissed on the d* this year from an injury standpoint on key talls... Griffiths aside. Lose one of Rance, astvury, nank or jack and we are skroooed

Any talls we getting are not going to replace ours for a few years and next years talls outperformed this years one in u/18's.

Strike while the iron is hot, we are probably the most compelling club to join out of all the vic clubs this year so go hard for Stringer/Lynch/Schache etc... if we get one awesome and draft Balta/Hayes, get two and it builds our tall stocks anyway as they are all 25 and younger and lets us build through the draft next year.

If we don't get any then we go to the draft and pick up talls. Its really win-win.

We are in our window. Get Stringer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And let Cotch/Dusty/Rance/Vlas/Bellis/Astbury/Jack/Prestia/Houli take him under their wings.

I've had my issues with Dimma and our recruiting at times over the years but one think I've always liked since 2009is there has been a strong movement towards drafting and trading for leaders, finally it seems to be paying off and I think Dusty and to lesser extent Bolton have shown in the last 12 months the shifting culture due to these leaders.

And let Cotch/Dusty/Rance/Vlas/Bellis/Astbury/Jack/Prestia/Houli take him under their wings.

I've had my issues with Dimma and our recruiting at times over the years but one think I've always liked since 2009is there has been a strong movement towards drafting and trading for leaders, finally it seems to be paying off and I think Dusty and to lesser extent Bolton have shown in the last 12 months the shifting culture due to these leaders.

I'm sure he will buy into our culture. If he wants to play, he will have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back