Preview 2018 1st Qualifying Final: Richmond v Hawthorn, 6 September 2018, 7.20pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howe won't be in for Thursday. I think there was a change of plan mid match. Missing the first quarter made me think he'd play. But I don't think after the extra time, and the extra heavy conditions, he'll get a run. It's possible the coaching squad made the decision that it was more important to win the match and keep the reserves playing another week than it was to have Howe in on Thursday.

I’ve got a whacky idea....How about we put a little faith in the best coach in recent history to make the right call on selection night and not jump to conclusions 4 days before the teams are named.

It's a preview thread in a footy forum mate. People just tossing around ideas and stuff, exactly what it's designed for.

I have all faith in clarko although Hardwick has had his measure lately I still back the master!

Just throwing ideas if howe played 70% he is a massive chance to replace miles. Although no footy in 5 weeks, then a 4 and half day recovery to a first final is pushing it.

I'm really not sold on him he is a slow decision maker but a good role player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe Frawley isn’t going to get up and hence why Mirra didn’t play
We had to have 22 fit players not playing for Box Hill today (a phantom side if you like). I would suggest Brand played because he might be back. Mirra won’t. If Frawley was in any doubt, Brand would not have played today.
Howe was very sloppy in terms of skills and decision making. Reckon he will play Thursday anyway.

Howe won't be in for Thursday. I think there was a change of plan mid match. Missing the first quarter made me think he'd play. But I don't think after the extra time, and the extra heavy conditions, he'll get a run. It's possible the coaching squad made the decision that it was more important to win the match and keep the reserves playing another week than it was to have Howe in on Thursday.
Maybe. But who comes in for Miles given it will be wet?

A quick browse of Richmond's board, and I immediately classified them in the same category as cats. Don't know if we would even bother turning up. They are more interested who is going to present the cup, talk about getting ahead of themselves. Let's smash them.

To be fair, they're worse than Geelong fans.

They've been in the shit for that many decades, they simply don't know how to handle success.

Let's hope their players are the same on Thurs night. If so, we will smash them.

Last year in the last 5 rounds the Tigers were top 2 in every defensive and pressure category.

This year in the same period they are bottom 6 in all those same measures.

They have either lost it or have gotten ahead of themselves, either way I cant see them just turning it on at will.

I think so too. He looked tired towards the end of the match.

For those that want to watch the extra time in the BHH game:

Thanks for the video.
Howe - laid some Nash type tackles and was very good. Not sure why he played for 3 quarters if he is going to play next Thursday?
Cousins - I think is AFL standard and streets above most of the other players and will come in to main team very soon.
O'Brian - Surprisingly, had one of the best games I see him play.
Brand - very good too.
Lewis - Not sure whether he is ready yet.
Most others not AFL standard and rightly so plays for Boxhill.

Last year in the last 5 rounds the Tigers were top 2 in every defensive and pressure category.

This year in the same period they are bottom 6 in all those same measures.

They have either lost it or have gotten ahead of themselves, either way I cant see them just turning it on at will.

Interested in this- what areas in particular?

Thanks for the video.
Howe - laid some Nash type tackles and was very good. Not sure why he played for 3 quarters if he is going to play next Thursday?
Cousins - I think is AFL standard and streets above most of the other players and will come in to main team very soon.
O'Brian - Surprisingly, had one of the best games I see him play.
Brand - very good too.
Lewis - Not sure whether he is ready yet.
Most others not AFL standard and rightly so plays for Boxhill.

Cousins was nearly BOG in tough conditions. I did watch the last half of the match and rarely saw O'Rourke do anything, sadly I think his time maybe nearly be up.

Just messing around - but our changes excluding Cyril (although Nash is a scary scary customer!) and the improved form of our list since last time we played the Tiges is significant. Edit: Langford out another plus

Attachments

• 7DA68D53-0BD9-4CB8-B611-10BA3586D3E1.jpeg
    7DA68D53-0BD9-4CB8-B611-10BA3586D3E1.jpeg
    183 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
A quick browse of Richmond's board, and I immediately classified them in the same category as cats. Don't know if we would even bother turning up. They are more interested who is going to present the cup, talk about getting ahead of themselves. Let's smash them.

Some of it's just baiting for a response, some of it is insecurity and/or not wanting to accept any reasoning that the Hawks are just looking forward to playing 2 finals the best they can (or more if we are lucky) getting some experience into the kids for future years of silverware.
One post claimed next week the Hawks will be a national embarrassment? Not sure how that will eventuate given we're massive underdogs, but that sort of nonsense is probably from a bored high-school kiddie who finished his homework early and typed a quick post before mum came in to turn his light off...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back