List Mgmt. 2018 Draft thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd seen some Lukosious highlights you posted somewhere a month of two ago but the way Rankine moves, it's like no one else I can remember seeing. You could say... a faster, more powerful Andrew Krakouer haha.
hill might be better tbh.

Last edited:

Can anyone shed some light for me as I've seen people mentioning that we trade our next 2 first round picks.

Don't the rules state that you must use 2x First Round Picks over a 4 year period?

Meaning trading out 2 FRP's next year is impossible?

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

If Lynch is Free Agent, why would we have to give up picks to get him?
Won't the Suns just get compensation?
The Sun's could potentially match the deal forcing us to have to trade for him. They could out the foot down and ask for 2x first round picks, which I'm pretty sure we would be unable to give them.

Can anyone shed some light for me as I've seen people mentioning that we trade our next 2 first round picks.

Don't the rules state that you must use 2x First Round Picks over a 4 year period?

I'm fairly sure this rule doesn't come in until 2019. I honestly don't know why they need to have the rule when you can only trade one year in advance but anyway.

Even though this rule doesn't actually come into effect until 2019. We could also request the AFL (Geelong did for Tuohy).

The Sun's could potentially match the deal forcing us to have to trade for him. They could out the foot down and ask for 2x first round picks, which I'm pretty sure we would be unable to give them.

Cheers thanks for clearing that up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DPmp0mLVAAE22C3.jpg

Oh you meant the lesser Super Draft :oops:
Two relative top ten type picks (sort of) and a Brown (has the attitude and application)

What's not to love so far

So we’re getting Quaynor, Kelly, Holt-Fitz, Sloane and Lynch next off season.

Sign me up.
And McDonald too as well

I'm fairly sure this rule doesn't come in until 2019. I honestly don't know why they need to have the rule when you can only trade one year in advance but anyway.

Was to deter teams from continually doing it 2 firsts then in 12-24 months doing either another 1st or 2 firsts again, forgoing 3-4 years worth of first rounders depending on how your team performs could see you completely destroy your clubs future playing group.

If a club thinks its 1 -2 players off a flag and buys them over 3 years but fails to land a flag then falls off a cliff (due to age, form, changing game styles) they would have nothing coming through underneath. Basically it is to prevent clubs shooting themselves in the foot.
Think of the position Carlton were in after 99/00 seasons and then the draft sanctions hit them forked them for a decade.

So we’re getting Quaynor, Kelly, Holt-Fitz, Sloane and Lynch next off season.

Sign me up.
So need to create some additional list spots or will they create themselves?

Blair and Oxley have been given chances but they would be early front runners, Smith could be there about, then we have some of the elder Statesmen, Dunn, Goldy, Levi, Mayne, Varcoe, Wells

Was to deter teams from continually doing it 2 firsts then in 12-24 months doing either another 1st or 2 firsts again, forgoing 3-4 years worth of first rounders depending on how your team performs could see you completely destroy your clubs future playing group.

If a club thinks its 1 -2 players off a flag and buys them over 3 years but fails to land a flag then falls off a cliff (due to age, form, changing game styles) they would have nothing coming through underneath. Basically it is to prevent clubs shooting themselves in the foot.
Think of the position Carlton were in after 99/00 seasons and then the draft sanctions hit them forked them for a decade.

Carlton forked for any period of time always a good thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 Draft thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back