List Mgmt. 2018 NAB AFL Draft: November 22nd & 23rd

Who would you prefer with our first selection?

• Max King

Votes: 91 38.1%
  • Bailey Smith

Votes: 47 19.7%
  • Connor Rozee

Votes: 17 7.1%
  • Jye Caldwell

Votes: 37 15.5%
  • Unknown Smokey?

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Jack Lukosious

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Isak Rankine

Votes: 72 30.1%
  • Ben King

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Sam Walsh

Votes: 13 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i bet you the saints pick M King with 4, they always were and always will, there just trying to see if they can entice a club to trade a pick that will give them another one in the first round, I personally cant see it happening, any trading will be done only after pick 20 i think

What would PA do if Gold Coast drafted M King and Rankine, leaving Lukosius on the board at pick 4? Indeed, what would Adelaide do? Nothing? I doubt it.

They wouldn’t be silly but they’d be very tempted to entice St Kilda to trade pick 4.

The reality is we don’t know what the Suns are going to do on draft night. So much chatter and speculation. It only takes one selection in the top 3 to be unanticipated and the dynamics of the whole thing changes.

And let’s face it, each of the expected top 4 lads look to be guns whose selections can be justified.

I reckon everything is still fluid. It will be very late until Gold Coast finally lock in their selections and that is totally understandable.

Somebody we should be looking at with a late pick. Lightning fast, good skills.

#45 Zac Foot (Dandenong Stingrays/Vic Country)

The exciting Dandenong utility has the capability to do some amazing things on the football field, he just needs to find the consistency to take the next step. Foot is a remarkable story, coming from a long way back having missed initial selection for the Stingrays, coming into the program in 2018 and then bursting out of the blocks with a strong first half of the season to earn Vic Country honours. He had a quieter second half of the season, but still had some eye-catching moments, and he knows how to run and hit the scoreboard, playing inside or out, and has a good base from which clubs can work with at the next level, and a high scope of improvement.

i bet you the saints pick M King with 4, they always were and always will, there just trying to see if they can entice a club to trade a pick that will give them another one in the first round, I personally cant see it happening, any trading will be done only after pick 20 i think
With the way Cripps threatened the Suns and the hard trading that Port did with Freo to move into pick 5, I kind of hope we do a trade with Adelaide to give them the player Port wants. No hard feelings, I just think it will be funny to all the Port fans who are talking tough about the draft

We swapped Pick 28 for 36 and 46. Hope there is no-one that slides to 28 of any note.
Would be seriously pissed. (Unless they make it to 36 of course).
Need to look at the big picture though mate, I don't have the exact figures but pick 28 probably pushes out to pick 30 with academy/fs selections and 36/46 end up around 33 and 38 due to the high number of clubs with picks which will be used up on those players. We basically traded in a mid to late 30s pick for a 3 or 4 spot downgrade.

Nah I don't think we'd be trading down on the basis of hoping to pick a specific player @ Pick 24. Too many variables.

The only reason we'd trade down to Pick 6 with GCS is if they are intending to pick some at 4 that is 3rd on our list.

If you take out Luko Rankine and Walsh and then lets say we rate Smith and Caldwell pretty much equally, closely followed by King.

They want King, so we trade and then we are guaranteed one of the two we rated the highest plus a free hit @ 24.
Could be that Gubby has come in and said Smith is the kid we need. And in that case trading down, where he’ll still be there would net us an extra pick for free.

Could also be 100% wrong and it’s all a game and we’d just take King..

What would PA do if Gold Coast drafted M King and Rankine, leaving Lukosius on the board at pick 4? Indeed, what would Adelaide do? Nothing? I doubt it.

They wouldn’t be silly but they’d be very tempted to entice St Kilda to trade pick 4.

The reality is we don’t know what the Suns are going to do on draft night. So much chatter and speculation. It only takes one selection in the top 3 to be unanticipated and the dynamics of the whole thing changes.

And let’s face it, each of the expected top 4 lads look to be guns whose selections can be justified.

I reckon everything is still fluid. It will be very late until Gold Coast finally lock in their selections and that is totally understandable.

but St kilda would be stupid to trade out the pick they could have got Lukosius with, where's the logic in that

It would be awesome if an Eli Smith or Xavier O’Halloran type slid to pick 36.
(from videos) to me Ely Smith looks impressive enough in amongst it but seems a little single minded when looking for options when disposing the ball, also has what you would technically call a dickie-kick. But if you got him into the 30s it would be hard to complain.

Why does everyone think Smith will be there at 6 if we trade down? He's the 4th best player in this year's draft. If it were another draft he'd be top 3.

Nah I don't think we'd be trading down on the basis of hoping to pick a specific player @ Pick 24. Too many variables.

The only reason we'd trade down to Pick 6 with GCS is if they are intending to pick some at 4 that is 3rd on our list.

If you take out Luko Rankine and Walsh and then lets say we rate Smith and Caldwell pretty much equally, closely followed by King.

They want King, so we trade and then we are guaranteed one of the two we rated the highest plus a free hit @ 24.
I like the idea , but I guess I'm more of a greedy pr*ck. Gold Coast also has 29 , so I would try and get 6 , 24 and 29 in exchange for 4 , 36 and 46. Gold Coast are looking to add a couple more mature aged players so moving back to 36 and 46 should be no skin off their nose.

I just wish that this draft was done and dusted because I change my my preferences and my vote daily (pun intended).

Just hope, unlike all our politicians, that our men in charge don’t f#$k it up! :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why? Why would someone pick an inferior player at 4 or 5 just so we can have him at 6? That's a bad assumption to make.
Well it would imply the players you described as inferior aren't actually inferior in the other clubs eyes

Smith's upside is something like a new Dangerfield... He has as much potential as anyome to be the next star of the competition.
Big call.. recruiters have recently gone off of upside and what they will be all of Oliver Cripps and Bontempelli were drafted on upside not what they did in there 18th year.. got to back your recruiters in to develop who has the most potential

Why does everyone think Smith will be there at 6 if we trade down? He's the 4th best player in this year's draft. If it were another draft he'd be top 3.
In your opinion he might be.

But nearly everyone of the draft experts have King, Walsh, Lukosius and Rankine ahead of him. (Knightmare excepted)

I'm a big fan of Smith by the way but I can see why these guys are rated higher.

Seems fairly certain GC would take Rozee so then it would just come down to who Port like at 5.

I like the idea , but I guess I'm more of a greedy pr*ck. Gold Coast also has 29 , so I would try and get 6 , 24 and 29 in exchange for 4 , 36 and 46. Gold Coast are looking to add a couple more mature aged players so moving back to 36 and 46 should be no skin off their nose.

We traded 28 for 36 and 46 so not sure we’d then trade them for 29.

Tried to find reasons to like smith. I just don’t see it for a top end pick. Obviously works hard and tries his guts out but seems to get no seperation at stoppage and disposal is solid without being great.

Caldwell on the other hand is always on the move either getting seperation or releasing someone else when he gets his hands on it.

Preferences are max king or Caldwell as first choice followed in order of

Rozee
Ben king
Smith

If we are worried about max or not keen on another tall then we should trade with gc for 6 and take Caldwell and look at another mid at 24 and try to bleed 29 out of them as well.

Isn't the rationale that the draft day scenario would be this

Walsh
Lukicous
Rankine

All gone.

Leaving Rozee Smith and Max King put of the top six.
GC want Rozee so trade 6 and 24 for our 4.
They are take Rozee. Port at 5 had been reported to want King if the SA boys are gone.
This leaves Smith @ 6

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’d be happy to trade down, pick 6 could be smith, Rozee or Caldwell. Pick 24 could be elms smith, Sydney Stack or Zac foot. Also would like us to pick up a mature aged player with 1 or 2 of our later picks. Just to give us more instant impact and we have seen plenty of them go on and be great afl players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back