Opinion 2018 Non-Crows #4: You say Potato, I say Portato (Cont in Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always felt that way, and it goes from the supporters up.

Personally I still hate Port, but as far as caring about them winning and losing it really doesn't bother me. It's the same over there, just a touch more irrational.

It's ok as supporter base to think like this, insular but ok, but it infiltrates the entire club at all levels. I think even at times the players buy into it.
It's really no different than Collingwood/Carlton supporters (and staff and officials) stating things like, 'you only have to win 2 games a year. Carlton/Collingwood at home and Carlton/Collingwood away'.

All Clubs have thinkers like that.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

It's really no different than Collingwood/Carlton supporters (and staff and officials) stating things like, 'you only have to win 2 games a year. Carlton/Collingwood at home and Carlton/Collingwood away'.

All Clubs have thinkers like that.

Sort of.

Carlton do, Collingwood do too but their president wants to be the biggest and best club in the land. You're allowed to hate your rivals, it's what footy is built on but it seems to be this states sole focus

Sort of.

Carlton do, Collingwood do too but their president wants to be the biggest and best club in the land. You're allowed to hate your rivals, it's what footy is built on but it seems to be this states sole focus
I've heard that exact quote out of Eddie's mouth. More than once.

I've heard that exact quote out of Eddie's mouth. More than once.

That's what I'm saying. He can say all he likes but his results speak of a man who has bigger goals.

Whereas we are happy to be better than the classless rabble down the road.

That's what I'm saying. He can say all he likes but his results speak of a man who has bigger goals.

Whereas we are happy to be better than the classless rabble down the road.
Its our business model also

Hardly any - zero, more were into Rockliff.
There was also a bit of interest in Motflop, given the departure of Cameron. But that was at least tempered by the knowledge of his inconsistency. We were interested, but far more realistic about his failings than the delusional swampies.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

There is a culture problem with both clubs created by the two teams administrations having inferiority complexes. It doesn’t have to be that way - look at West Coast who demand success and operate to the beat of their own drum.

Both Adelaide clubs are happy being shit as long as they’re not quite as shit as their cross town brother. Meanwhile the rest of the competition moves ahead and the AFL continues to serve up shit that both clubs continue to accept.

SA is a mediocre football state that is being left behind.

if what you said was true we would of not made the GF last year and i am pretty sure if we look back at some of threads from 2013/14 after losses people would have made comments like we won't make a GF for least 20 years due to mediocrity.

Last edited:
if what you said was true we would of not made the GF last year and i am pretty sure if we look back at some of threads from 2013/14 after losses people would have made comments like we want make a GF for least 20 years due to mediocrity.

Making a grand final was 2/5ths of f*ck all. We capitulated when the pressure went up a notch and absolutely pissed the bed. Our culture is embedded. We don’t hold perennial underperformers accountable, we don’t demand success and we are content as long as our numbers are better than Port’s.

Last year West Coast looked slow and unable to go with most midfields in the competition. They tapped a Brownlow medalist on the shoulder and told him his time was done. They moved on Sam Mitchell and aggressively targeted a draft that most people said was weak. They turn over their coaching panel regularly and often send favourite sons interstate to earn their coaching pedigree before they even consider bringing them back to the club.

We couldn’t tap Scott Thompson on the shoulder when he was clearly 2 years cooked - instead electing to move on a young inside midfielder with far more scope. We gift ex players jobs that have proven failures at other clubs and we continue to avoid accountability at all costs.

You can hold a pitiful grand final performance aloft as proof that we’re a successful club but our results in big games suggests otherwise.

Making a grand final was 2/5ths of f*ck all. We capitulated when the pressure went up a notch and absolutely pissed the bed. Our culture is embedded. We don’t hold perennial underperformers accountable, we don’t demand success and we are content as long as our numbers are better than Port’s.

Last year West Coast looked slow and unable to go with most midfields in the competition. They tapped a Brownlow medalist on the shoulder and told him his time was done. They moved on Sam Mitchell and aggressively targeted a draft that most people said was weak. They turn over their coaching panel regularly and often send favourite sons interstate to earn their coaching pedigree before they even consider bringing them back to the club.

We couldn’t tap Scott Thompson on the shoulder when he was clearly 2 years cooked - instead electing to move on a young inside midfielder with far more scope. We gift ex players jobs that have proven failures at other clubs and we continue to avoid accountability at all costs.

You can hold a pitiful grand final performance aloft as proof that we’re a successful club but our results in big games suggests otherwise.
I wish the media in the state were far more ruthless on the club. These are all facts and the lack of accountability is telling. Makes it really hard to support sometimes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wish the media in the state were far more ruthless on the club. These are all facts and the lack of accountability is telling. Makes it really hard to support sometimes.
Because when someone does we call them trolls or Michaelangelo

Because when someone does we call them trolls or Michaelangelo
Rucci is a troll and was vindictive rather than constructive. There’s a difference.
He was more interested in destroying the brand of the crows than helping them see their faults to better themselves.

We need a media rep to tell it like it is RE coaching, fitness, accountability at all levels.

West coast do not turn over their coaching staff regularly
Adrian Hickmott been their since 2012
Jaymie Graham been their since 2014
Daniel Pratt been their since 2014
Brady Rawlings been their since 2014 he got promoted to list manager- some thing happened to David Noble
Dean Cox a favorite son started his coaching career under Simpson for 3 years before moving to Sydney

West Coast eagles recruited 2 35 year olds in mitchell and petire which made them even slower and part of the reason for their shit 2017 season.
Matt priddis his not playing this year because he decided to turn his back on 1 year contract extension and retired 2 months after sigining the extension not because Wce tapped him on the shoulder .

Leith Forrest on fiveaa this morning.

I can't believe the opening story is all about the 50 metre penalty and every mention about the loss is the stolen momentum from that 50.
If Port can't come back from a silly 50 they have huge problems.
What was the margin after that 50? Like 9 goals?
lol port. So many excuses. Yes the 50 was incorrect and I hated it at the time (was a game changing decision) but Port could’ve kept themselves closer to Collingwood after that than they did. They just rolled over.

That rumour has popped up for the third year in a row, I am sure that I even posted it last year that Port supporters were saying it.

Absolute garbage, he's under contract until 2020 and is only just starting to come into form now. No chance at all that he'll be changing clubs, Milera's name popping up every year is like the old Johncock to Port rumour that used to appear every year which had no basis at all behind it.

Some idiot on the Port board is trying to say that we'll trade him for a 2nd rounder

tenor.gif

That board is truly amazing. Mass delusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back